Riewoldt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt

One Riewoldt may be worth close to a million a season, unfortunately his name is Jack.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Riewoldt

curl up and die you A grade F-Wit

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:curl up and die you A grade F-Wit
+1

Which Reiwoldt has won 5 B&F's??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Which Riewoldt are U confidant can kick straight.

8856brother wrote:Which Riewoldt are U confidant can kick straight.
which riewoldt had 4 shots at goal in the goal square because our defense lasped? which riewoldt had 3-4 goal assists plus kicked 3 goals......

We lost the midfield battle.... which is why we lost..... also had more shots but no luck..

our Riewoldt kept us in the game when it counted...

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

3 of jacks goals where gimmies

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nick was clearly our best player tonight....

He would have loved the same

1) opponent
2) delivery

And 4 goals running into open goal.......

Did I mention Nick was great, one of his best games for 12 months

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I must have fallen a sleeep. i could have sworn our captain missed a few in the first half. Must have been pissed.

8856brother wrote:Sorry I must have fallen a sleeep. i could have sworn our captain missed a few in the first half. Must have been pissed.

guess you missed jacks misses too????? are you Grant Thomas?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Sorry I must have fallen a sleeep. i could have sworn our captain missed a few in the first half. Must have been pissed.

You sure dont know much about football do you mate?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

s*** thread

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Roo was fantastic I thought he was BOG to be honest. Yeah Jack kicked 8 but four where gimmies. Mind you Jack didn't touch the ball on Blake in the third.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Bad Co.
Club Player

If you're bagging Riewoldt on here tonight, clearly your a troll. Can't understand a SUPPORTER bagging one of our best tonight, putting body on the line time and time again, tonight and for 10 years. Fair dinkum!
Like the last guy said: sh$t thread!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Leadership.

One Riewoldt has it and one doesnt.

I know which one I would rather have.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:curl up and die you A grade F-Wit
+1

Which Reiwoldt has won 5 B&F's??
Yes , but really should have kicked those early goals !!!!

In red white and black from 73
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:

guess you missed jacks misses too????? are you Grant Thomas?
Sorry you genious. Remind me again of what happened. Nick had the chance earley in the last qtr to "prove what a champ he is" How did he go?

8856brother wrote: How did he go?
he was our BOG you halfwit flog :roll:

Lance or James??

cross2012
Club Player

Week in week out, year in year out, Nick by a mile. Could have easily had half a dozen frees from being mugged by Rance.
Jack has the occassional day out thats it

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

But last year and this year the pattern and the consistency of the yips will come at a cost...The Tigers disposal and poor kicking in the first quarter kept Saints in the contest. They were smashing us in uncontested possessions and inside 50's. If they'd got their shots on goal right, we may have never had a sniff...

On the other hand....just as we started winning the footy and kicking a few and had an opportunity to create some space in that second quarter and perhaps go into the long break infront with some scoreboard pressure against them, Roo misses a couple in a row. Some of their players were spent late in the third and if we didn't spray so many opportunities, we could've got our noses in front again and sapped the energy and spirit out of our opposition, but it wasn't to be. I know there were plenty of culprits including Millera, Saad, Sipposs and Kosi with the gimme but when you are the captain and when you are in a position to kick goals that can hurt the opposition, then just fu3kn do it...

He has been the best Saints player in the last ten years by a country mile...Does he need a rest?? If it means he doesn't travel to the Gold Coast, then so be it...if you want to rest him for a couple of other games at Etihad, then so be it (we know that the harder grounds like Subiaco and Etihad are taxing on the legs)....I know he's a star and he can still be the most important player in our team, but I reckon once Chips or Macca get back, we give Wilkes a go at CHF for a game or tow. I don't care how you do it, but DO NOT PLAY ROO in every game. There is no more hiding. The coach needs to rest this bloke throughout the year.

cross2012
Club Player

Scollop wrote:But last year and this year the pattern and the consistency of the yips will come at a cost...The Tigers disposal and poor kicking in the first quarter kept Saints in the contest. They were smashing us in uncontested possessions and inside 50's. If they'd got their shots on goal right, we may have never had a sniff...

On the other hand....just as we started winning the footy and kicking a few and had an opportunity to create some space in that second quarter and perhaps go into the long break infront with some scoreboard pressure against them, Roo misses a couple in a row. Some of their players were spent late in the third and if we didn't spray so many opportunities, we could've got our noses in front again and sapped the energy and spirit out of our opposition, but it wasn't to be. I know there were plenty of culprits including Millera, Saad, Sipposs and Kosi with the gimme but when you are the captain and when you are in a position to kick goals that can hurt the opposition, then just fu3kn do it...

He has been the best Saints player in the last ten years by a country mile...Does he need a rest?? If it means he doesn't travel to the Gold Coast, then so be it...if you want to rest him for a couple of other games at Etihad, then so be it (we know that the harder grounds like Subiaco and Etihad are taxing on the legs)....I know he's a star and he can still be the most important player in our team, but I reckon once Chips or Macca get back, we give Wilkes a go at CHF for a game or tow. I don't care how you do it, but DO NOT PLAY ROO in every game. There is no more hiding. The coach needs to rest this bloke throughout the year.
Drop Roo for Wilkes - LOL... you must be kidding!

Nick is moving freely and playing well this year. Fact is his position (key forward) his much harder to play than a few years ago with clogged forward lines. as an example, Cloke and Buddy both really struggling this year and most key forwards at most clubs are up and down i.e. Tippett, Hawkins, Pavlich, Jroo, etc, etc.
Just dont see the point in people week after week potting Nick over the same issue. OK he sprays a few, move on. He is no worse than Buddy and is ten times the leader imo.

Superstar
Club Player

cross2012 wrote: Drop Roo for Wilkes - LOL... you must be kidding! .
Quoted for the sake of sanity!!!

Roo was good tonight people, sure he's closer to the end than the start, but he's had a good year.

Actually been a lot better than I'd thought he'd be, with his bad knee.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seriously number 2. Some poster should be banned for stupidity. Or lack of footy knowledge. There was poster having a go at the media for changing opinions from game to the next. This is pefect example of morons doing it on here.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

cross2012 wrote:
Scollop wrote:But last year and this year the pattern and the consistency of the yips will come at a cost...The Tigers disposal and poor kicking in the first quarter kept Saints in the contest. They were smashing us in uncontested possessions and inside 50's. If they'd got their shots on goal right, we may have never had a sniff...

Drop Roo for Wilkes - LOL... you must be kidding!

Nick is moving freely and playing well this year. Fact is his position (key forward) his much harder to play than a few years ago with clogged forward lines. as an example, Cloke and Buddy both really struggling this year and most key forwards at most clubs are up and down i.e. Tippett, Hawkins, Pavlich, Jroo, etc, etc.
Just dont see the point in people week after week potting Nick over the same issue. OK he sprays a few, move on. He is no worse than Buddy and is ten times the leader imo.
I said that when we get Chips and Macca it is going to be easier to replace one of the spine players...I also didn't say that Wilkes is like for like replacement for Roo. I just mentioned Wilkes because he's someone that is at least ready to go and hungry for an opportunity...Who gives a toss if Wilkes get another game at all ....ever...I don't!!! You blokes are either one-eyed-sycophants or you're related to Roo or you represent the bloke and get a cut$$.

You bring up leadership as well....I would have said to you and honestly believed before 2011 that Roo was the best... I only see what goes on out on the footy field...he is not the best leader atm.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Nick played a very good game, but I still don't think he's worth a million bucks.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Ross who?
Club Player

Jack had a pretty easy night of it, let's be honest. He either takes a hanger or hangs out the back for the easy "Joe the goose" pass. His work rate would not even be half that of Nicks(even with his dodgy knee!). Comparisons are irrelevant unless you want to compare Jack to Nick at 23 yo! In that case, I still take Nick everyday of the week!

Nick isn't worth $1 million a year anymore, probably somewhere around 700-750k IMO. He is getting towards the end of his career, and still has the oppositions 2 best defenders on him most of the time. He has run himself into the ground for the St.Kilda FC. Show the guy a bit of respect FFS!

Blake Acres fan club VIP