BJ=BS

BJ=BS

Don't get me wrong. I have enormous respect for Brendan Goddard.

He is a fantastic player, was a great clubman, was a bit ordinary this season but his record pretty much speaks for itself.

He made a decision to go to Windy Hill for more dough. Good on him. Best of Luck. All the best Brendan.

You would think that he and us could move on. Plenty has been said and done on this forum and by the coach.

So why am I dragging all of this up now? Today I read more out spokeness by BJ about how he made the decision to leave the Saints on the golf course etc etc

Enough already.

Time to move on Brendan. We have. You should be concentrating on your new team mates and your new club.

Ok I know I am contributing to this by raising it now so please excuse my little rant.

But I am just sick and tired of reading why Brendan felt the need to leave St Kilda.

I'll stop now.

Darth Vader

Re: BJ=BS

He was asked the question on SEN - what's he supposed to say? He didn't bag the club, just said the reasons were the fourth year and more opportunity to play midfield. Said he wouldn't say any more than that, which implies there were more reasons, but chose not to say them. Which is fine, because he elected to stay silent rather than say anything (presumably) negative - good on him.

linmarnic

By saying that there are more reasons, he is inviting continual questions regarding this matter in the future.

Never give up

linmarnic wrote:By saying that there are more reasons, he is inviting continual questions regarding this matter in the future.

of course there are more reasons...one million of them over 4 years.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

linmarnic wrote:By saying that there are more reasons, he is inviting continual questions regarding this matter in the future.

of course there are more reasons...one million of them over 4 years.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Wouldnt mind being in his position.

clarky449 wrote:

Wouldnt mind being in his position.
nah......i would rather my friends, my reputation and the opportunity to play 300 games for the saints and become an all time legend of the club...he's screwed all of that......whats an extra 250 grand a year when you already are being paid close on 660,000 ...you can only drive one car at a time and live in one house on any given day......

I got the feeling he was trying to justify it to him self. He didn't sound happy and definitely gave the impression he was saying he had issues with the Saints with out saying anything. He is probably struggling with the decision in his head but in 6 months he will be settled and won't give a s*** any more. hopefully he's moved to a dud club and they torment him for the rest of his career and never go any further than first week of finals.

Yeah exactly and didnt Andy love it. Something about it will all come out eventually. Stkilda = headline even if there isnt one.

Surely there are more interesting stories like why Kurt Tippett wanted to leave when he had all these secret financial deals in place.

Megsie

he couldnt bring himself to say the real reason for leaving................$$$$$$$$$$
How is essendons facilities better than ours & their coaches are great & their
team is awesome.......Pleeeeeeeeeese....Has he already forgotten Lenny dal rooey joey blakey etc.
or was it all about you Brendan ??????????

Megsie wrote:he couldnt bring himself to say the real reason for leaving................$$$$$$$$$$
How is essendons facilities better than ours & their coaches are great & their
team is awesome.......Pleeeeeeeeeese....Has he already forgotten Lenny dal rooey joey blakey etc.
or was it all about you Brendan ??????????

Not sure he has said any of that.

I still buy into the fact the midfield time is a big part of it...

He got seduced by the $$ and what that represents... i.e that to be the best paid player at your club means that you are the most important/best player at the club. Essendon have indulged that fantasy so reinforcing that delusion in Goddard's mind.

At St Kilda, Bains, Pelchen and Watters said 'nah, you are neither the best nor most important player in the team, you're one of our best players alongside Lenny, Dal, Fish, Joey but not more than that.' Ultimately Goddard drank his own bathwater...

Richter wrote:He got seduced by the $$ and what that represents... i.e that to be the best paid player at your club means that you are the most important/best player at the club. Essendon have indulged that fantasy so reinforcing that delusion in Goddard's mind.

At St Kilda, Bains, Pelchen and Watters said 'nah, you are neither the best nor most important player in the team, you're one of our best players alongside Lenny, Dal, Fish, Joey but not more than that.' Ultimately Goddard drank his own bathwater...

Or did want I reckon most of us would do if we got 20% pay rise over a longer period. No brainer IMO.

he implied essendon had better facilities by mentioning it along with making him a better footballer and a better person.

i'm quite sure you would be more likely to become a better person if you didn't chase dollars. don't blame him for going for the money, but don't mention becoming a better person, the two are unlikely accompaniments.

hope you become that better person Brendan that you obviously feel you need to become.

stinger wrote:nah......i would rather my friends, my reputation and the opportunity to play 300 games for the saints and become an all time legend of the club...he's screwed all of that......whats an extra 250 grand a year when you already are being paid close on 660,000 ...you can only drive one car at a time and live in one house on any given day......
This. :idea:

Richter wrote:He got seduced by the $$ and what that represents... i.e that to be the best paid player at your club means that you are the most important/best player at the club. Essendon have indulged that fantasy so reinforcing that delusion in Goddard's mind.

Or did want I reckon most of us would do if we got 20% pay rise over a longer period. No brainer IMO.

It may backfire on him though, AFL isn't the real world. If he flops he is seen as a traitor at the saints and a dud at the Bombers. He stays a Saint and post footy career is taken care of with soft employment opportunities and club employment. Watch Ray Whoresbag drop the Toll job if he doesn't find 09 10 form.

SainterK wrote:I still buy into the fact the midfield time is a big part of it...
Or reading between the lines he didn't like Watters, and is hoping Turd will be more of his liking....

SainterK wrote:I still buy into the fact the midfield time is a big part of it...
Or reading between the lines he didn't like Watters, and is hoping Turd will be more of his liking....
Poor BJ. Hope his grade 2 teacher is nicer. :cry: :cry: :cry:

millarsaint wrote:he implied essendon had better facilities by mentioning it along with making him a better footballer and a better person.

i'm quite sure you would be more likely to become a better person if you didn't chase dollars. don't blame him for going for the money, but don't mention becoming a better person, the two are unlikely accompaniments.

hope you become that better person Brendan that you obviously feel you need to become.

Hi, been a while for me...North won premierships based on pure love of the club, mates and probably (for some anyway) stuff all cash; Brendan has done what most would do, however he may never see the ultimate prize...

Barneyboyz

barneyboyz wrote:
millarsaint wrote:he implied essendon had better facilities by mentioning it along with making him a better footballer and a better person.

Hi, been a while for me...North won premierships based on pure love of the club, mates and probably (for some anyway) stuff all cash; Brendan has done what most would do, however he may never see the ultimate prize...

Barneyboyz
Why did he do what most would do? The reality is that most players do not change clubs, even if it is for more money.

BJ is entitled to do whatever he wants but I haven't read so much crap in my life. And that is from both sides.

Rosco

meh. and it's brendon, not that it matters.

kimberly saint

Goddard could be peeved cause he knows the club n the end was happy to see his back and never made to much of a real effort to keep him, club was happy to let him free so we could start a mini rebuild with the cap room and high draft pick we got for him.

barneyboyz wrote:

Barneyboyz
Why did he do what most would do? The reality is that most players do not change clubs, even if it is for more money.

BJ is entitled to do whatever he wants but I haven't read so much crap in my life. And that is from both sides.
Fair quote, probably more what 'most people' would do, remember your comments in, say 10 years when free agency has been tested for longer...you might be right, but the crap you read is only speculation, my friend

personally, BrenDON has not caused me any grief by going, he simply becomes a footballer for another club and as the original post was discussing, it appears he has more of a problem with his choice

Barneyboyz

kimberly saint wrote:Goddard could be peeved cause he knows the club n the end was happy to see his back and never made to much of a real effort to keep him, club was happy to let him free so we could start a mini rebuild with the cap room and high draft pick we got for him.

Actually that was done with great style.

If we were never going to match it... Might as well send him off in style.

Rosco wrote:meh. and it's brendon, not that it matters.

This reminds me of why it's been a while for me...funny though, I can't help but read from this site fairly regularly; it just draws me back

Sorry mate, at least we are all Sainters

Barneyboyz