Membership Pack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Membership Pack

arrived in the mail for me and the misses this morning

nothing flash
another lanyard and a holder althou the holder looks better than the plastic ones you usually get
a sticker
a small pin badge
mines silver member the misses bronze
and im guessing the trolley bag we got is for interstate membership
it looks like a small makeup bag (so the misses reckons shes using it for) zips open and has little pockets and slots in it

nothing social club wise like badges or key chains like prev years but didnt really expect anything social clubish

nothing really worth it
but we buy memberships to keep the club afloat not to get fantastic quality goodies

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership Pack

matrix wrote:arrived in the mail for me and the misses this morning

nothing flash
another lanyard and a holder althou the holder looks better than the plastic ones you usually get
a sticker
a small pin badge
mines silver member the misses bronze
and im guessing the trolley bag we got is for interstate membership
it looks like a small makeup bag (so the misses reckons shes using it for) zips open and has little pockets and slots in it

nothing social club wise like badges or key chains like prev years but didnt really expect anything social clubishnothing really worth it
but we buy memberships to keep the club afloat not to get fantastic quality goodies

Check you pack carefully Matrix, I got a Social Club Membership 2013 badge. Actually I nearly threw mine out. It wasn't in the boxed envelope that all the other goodies came in, but was down the end of the plastic bag. It was just pure luck that I felt it when I was screwing up the plastic bag to put in the rubbish bin. Didn't you get a 140 years Saints fridge magnet? I never got a trolley bag....must be too far to fly them over to the West. But I haven't taken up the Interstate Option, remained on the full adult s/c membership............... even tho' I have curtailed my drinking habits as I've aged :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its a donation. Apart from the sticker I throw out everything else. Glad they dont waste money anymore on scarves and other such stuff.

loris
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its a donation. Apart from the sticker I throw out everything else. Glad they dont waste money anymore on scarves and other such stuff.
Good for you adding to land fill...................................... hope you get a Queen's Scout Medal Plugs :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

Check you pack carefully Matrix, I got a Social Club Membership 2013 badge. Actually I nearly threw mine out. It wasn't in the boxed envelope that all the other goodies came in, but was down the end of the plastic bag. It was just pure luck that I felt it when I was screwing up the plastic bag to put in the rubbish bin. Didn't you get a 140 years Saints fridge magnet? I never got a trolley bag....must be too far to fly them over to the West. But I haven't taken up the Interstate Option, remained on the full adult s/c membership............... even tho' I have curtailed my drinking habits as I've aged :wink:

no trolley bag either...whatever the hell that is....and the missus and my social club badges were stuck to the outside of the box....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

What I want to know is why I only qualify for "Silver" membership? I've had a membership for pretty much every year since 1990 and yet they say I've only had one for 8 years, when it would be more like 20? Do their records only go back 8 or 9 years or what, has anyone heard?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:What I want to know is why I only qualify for "Silver" membership? I've had a membership for pretty much every year since 1990 and yet they say I've only had one for 8 years, when it would be more like 20? Do their records only go back 8 or 9 years or what, has anyone heard?
go ring the club.

a number of years ago, they lost all their records and they asked members how long they had been members for.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ok no sc badge
but im guessing that being interstate members (even premium) we dont come under that category anymore but DO still get the grannie ticket (which we do) and thats the cost dif between normal interstate and premium.

dunno
wasnt fussed
misses politely mentioned that she wants a key ring

those that are inclined could use it as a man bag
youd easily fit your wallet ,phone, smokes, drug untensils, lipstick, mascara, spare pair of undies in it
and look trendy and pretty fab

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:What I want to know is why I only qualify for "Silver" membership? I've had a membership for pretty much every year since 1990 and yet they say I've only had one for 8 years, when it would be more like 20? Do their records only go back 8 or 9 years or what, has anyone heard?
go ring the club.

a number of years ago, they lost all their records and they asked members how long they had been members for.
and have said recently they are counting all years even if not continuous- so just ring.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:
go ring the club.

OK, thanks for the tip. I'm not that fussed, but just found it curious how they came up with 8.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Just want to add that I ordered the scarf as I do like to collect them in the cave and was very impressed with the quality of this year's offering.

Produced by ISC and has a great feel. I like the font used for "member 2013"

Also had a collection of key rings but will need to start a new trend now :P

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its a donation. Apart from the sticker I throw out everything else. Glad they dont waste money anymore on scarves and other such stuff.
Is this why you watch the games on TV?

I know you don't like taking other's advice but I recommend you keep the membership card this year.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Not into membership pack trinkets. I guess novelty items are good for the kids, but I'm all about no frills. A bumper sticker, a fridge magnet with the fixture and (most importantly) your membership card. That's all you need, IMO.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!