AFL Press Conference About to start....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

AFL Press Conference About to start....

Thought this deserved a topic of its' own as I am sure there will be plenty to discuss after it......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL Press Conference About to start....

Let's hope they name names instead of more spin.

Majority
Club Player

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Essendon appear to be in trouble.....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Not overly clear whether 2 clubs had doping of multiple players, or whether it was 1 club of multiple doping of players and 1 player at another club that was using performance enhancing drugs.......

Anyone else able to get a handle on this?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Not overly clear whether 2 clubs had doping of multiple players, or whether it was 1 club of multiple doping of players and 1 player at another club that was using performance enhancing drugs.......

2 clubs
1st club (now named as bombers) multiple players (possibly without their knowledge)
2nd club 1 player.
Last edited by satchmo on Sun 10 Feb 2013 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Not overly clear whether 2 clubs had doping of multiple players, or whether it was 1 club of multiple doping of players and 1 player at another club that was using performance enhancing drugs.......

Bombers in strife as well as one player from another club.

SS Hall of Fame

Absolute Crap interview. Why in the hell would a certain team be target tested since 2010 if not having questions about growth hormone levels..??

Also, The Weapon and The Pharmacist were in cahoots during The Weapons stint at another AFL premiership club (whom it could be said physically showed signs of bulk). If they think they pulled this out of the hat as soon as the two of them started at Essendon, the AFL must think we are idiots. Will be interesting to see whether the NRL clubs in the gun and whom have come forward voluntarily in relation to performance enhancing drugs (6 of them) have any affiliation with Dank. If so, the AFL will have massive egg on their faces.....

Anyone smell cover up? Or am I just being paranoid?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mullet
Saintsational Legend

We dont know how far back their investigations went. Maybe only last year.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't mean that others aren't being investigated. It just means that there is evidence that two clubs have a problem.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I get the feeling that Essendon are going to get away with this… which is completely pharkd. The actual players might not have known what they were taking, but the club is definitely responsible here, the club needs to punished.

It's not like someone stole in through the night and spiked their powerades, they hired these guys, they need to pay.

What's to stop another club hiring a rogue dr ageless, then blaming him when things go bad.

This is worse than tanking or salary cap breaches and should be punished accordingly.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Bet my last dollar on the fact that regardless of what investigation takes place, there will be a cover up.

Essendon MAY take a hit, but IF they do, they will be the sacrificial lamb in this whole sorry saga. Call me paranoid, but the evidence is just does not support what they are trying to feed us......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I get the feeling that Essendon are going to get away with this… which is completely pharkd. The actual players might not have known what they were taking, but the club is definitely responsible here, the club needs to punished.

It's not like someone stole in through the night and spiked their powerades, they hired these guys, they need to pay.

What's to stop another club hiring a rogue dr ageless, then blaming him when things go bad.

This is worse than tanking or salary cap breaches and should be punished accordingly.

They will say Essendon didn't know because James Hird is so nice but someone like Angus Monfries will go down because he is now at another less important club. Meanwhile allowing Bomber Thompson to personally take over supplement administering. They might just have to go the suppositories or something for a few weeks while ASADA stuff them about a bit.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Anyone give the highlights of the presser?

Knowledge or consent of the players is irrelevant. If they took they are gone.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

We are clean. Only 1 club that MAY have been using performance enhancing drugs and 1 individual using performance enhancing drugs. (emphasis on the word MAY).

Everyone else is squeaky clean, and if we can, we will protect and clear Essendon ASAP so they can go back to cheatng and lying, which they do so well. We may use a couple of people as scapegoats so that we don't look like we are brushing over this topic.

Other cheating doesn't exist as we sure as hell don't want the value of our brand to drop any further than it has. This should all blow over in a month or 2 when the seasons starts and we can then continue on in denial......

I think that above should cover the key points of the presser for you.
Last edited by saint75 on Sun 10 Feb 2013 1:45pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I get the feeling that Essendon are going to get away with this… which is completely pharkd. The actual players might not have known what they were taking, but the club is definitely responsible here, the club needs to punished.

It's a bit like hiring a hells angel to collect a debt for you from someone then claiming no responsibility when he kicks the living shyte out of them.

If WADA can find that this guy bought the gear with bomber money while he was regularly injecting 'supplements' into the players, who had requested consent forms because they were concerned as the club said it was 'borderline', then surely that's about as close as dots can get and enough to shaft them royally... players and all.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Fox Sports AFL on twitter are running with this headline:

Strong rumours are emerging that the Essendon Football Club are clean and it's all been a massive storm in a tea cup.

Yeah right. I've got a bridge in Sydney that I can sell ya too!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
markp
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Anyone give the highlights of the presser?

Said AFL confirm it is aware of (only) one player possibly taking WADA prohibited drugs and one team, possibly without knowledge and consent, confirmed later it was the bombers.

santazzi
Club Player

saint75 wrote:Absolute Crap interview. Why in the hell would a certain team be target tested since 2010 if not having questions about growth hormone levels..??

Also, The Weapon and The Pharmacist were in cahoots during The Weapons stint at another AFL premiership club (whom it could be said physically showed signs of bulk). If they think they pulled this out of the hat as soon as the two of them started at Essendon, the AFL must think we are idiots. Will be interesting to see whether the NRL clubs in the gun and whom have come forward voluntarily in relation to performance enhancing drugs (6 of them) have any affiliation with Dank. If so, the AFL will have massive egg on their faces.....

Anyone smell cover up? Or am I just being paranoid?
I think you will find that there are two separate lines of investigation going on. The first deals with twelve months of investigation by ACC. According to the Federal Minister for Justice (ABC News Radio this AM) the ACC have been intercepting phones and they have some evidence on record. This PM's presser is limited to this period. The second line of investigation will look at clubs associated with some sports science people in the past...so I think it is a bit early to call a cover up.

The minister also stated that some individuals have began singing to the investigator's tune.......let us hope some individuals in the clubs of our interest join the chorus!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

Said AFL confirm it is aware of (only) one player possibly taking WADA prohibited drugs and one team, possibly without knowledge and consent, confirmed later it was the bombers.
It's a con and coverup.

Demetriou must go immediately.

His sandpit rivals any pit in W.A.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

The AFL is a basket case. If they think that they can clear Essendon and then claim that only one player out of 600+ is in the clear re-performance enhancing drugs and that we have no issue to worry about and that the football public are going to swallow that, they are delusional!! The Commission report clearly stated major issues in Football codes in Australia. At least the NRL teams have the balls to come forward.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Fox Sports AFL on twitter are running with this headline:

Strong rumours are emerging that the Essendon Football Club are clean and it's all been a massive storm in a tea cup.

Yeah right. I've got a bridge in Sydney that I can sell ya too!
If this is even remotely true, then why have they sacked dank & the weapon.
Hand back that brownlow you cheating scumbags, I don't care if Jobe is a nice guy, if they have been using banned substances, they should hand back any awards at the very least.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood set to announce their new cycling coach - Lans Harmstrong.

markp
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
markp wrote:

It's a con and coverup.

Demetriou must go immediately.

His sandpit rivals any pit in W.A.
It's damage control.

No AD, and surprisingly outed bombers as the team referred to them by the ACC.... Caro was trying to get him to imply it was and he came right out and named them.

To me that says if it's a choice between tarnishing the game or doing over the bombers big time, it's a no brainer.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I am so angry and disillusioned at our game right now that words ALMOST fail me. I cannot believe how gullible they think we are? Who wants to start the odds on which team that the 1 player with issues in regards to performance enhancing drugs comes from? What is the bet that it is a one of the perceived lowly swill clubs like us, Bulldogs, North Melbourne or Melbourne? Can't upset the big boys.

The AFL is absolutely GUTLESS. The report from the commission is scathing and yet they have the audacity to tell us there is no problem and I bet my bottom dollar there is not one sanction issued to any club or player. The NRL teams and players have come forward and fessed up. I never thought I would say this but our code needs to take a leaf out of there book. The footy public now knows there is a problem and anything less than the truth and punishment is not acceptable!

Fortius Quo Fidelius