Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainters4eva
Club Player

Cripps

Selected in Eagles 22 on the bench, Brown an emergency. Lynch not selected for Crows.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps

sainters4eva wrote:Selected in Eagles 22 on the bench, Brown an emergency. Lynch not selected for Crows.

All three dont play for StKilda.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I know its meaningless but Goddard named on the half back flank. Is that part of the midfield?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Brown definetly has relevance. The less he plays this year perhaps the more likely we'll see him at our industrial estate next year

Bring back the Lockett era
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

,Cripps had been playing at St Kilda, found it interesting that commentators last night seemed to be alluding to the fact that he was now' getting a go at the eagles'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sainters4eva wrote:Selected in Eagles 22 on the bench, Brown an emergency.
Yeah, looks like Cripps has taken Dalziell's spot as 10th midfielder. I don't know their team that well but he looks a fair bet to be sub. Presumably he's out once they get a few more back though - Kerr, Rosa, Wellingham, Nicoski. Those guys have a lot of depth...

Brown still has Glass, Mackenzie and Schofield ahead of him, nothing's changed there.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

word in Perth is Cripps has been pushing hard during training for selection and Worsfold has big wraps for him due to his work rate at training also Worsfold was happy with his preseason games (honestly i didnt even notice him in the game i watched ) .. good luck to him but i dont see him being in the team for too long not once the WCE top end mids start coming back ... on Brown he is again going to be playing more WAFL this year unless injurys hit the back line at the eagles .. come years end i still have doubts to if he will ever pull on a saints jumper as i reckon he will sign an extention mid year with Glass coming close to the end

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:word in Perth is Cripps has been pushing hard during training for selection and Worsfold has big wraps for him due to his work rate at training also Worsfold was happy with his preseason games (honestly i didnt even notice him in the game i watched ) .. good luck to him but i dont see him being in the team for too long not once the WCE top end mids start coming back ... on Brown he is again going to be playing more WAFL this year unless injurys hit the back line at the eagles .. come years end i still have doubts to if he will ever pull on a saints jumper as i reckon he will sign an extention mid year with Glass coming close to the end

That's why a mid season trade period would be a good idea. In a way there already is, its just underground.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i dont hate the idea of a mid season trade period but it would be pretty hard to manange with the Salary Cap and there would have to be clauses put in all players contracts ect. but the idea of being able to "top up" mid year if you have an injury in a position you cant cover or for a player who has fallen out of favour to try his luck elsewhere i do like , the thing i dont want to see is it become like the NBA where mid-season a bloke you have been cheering for all year suddenly gets moved on to another team for no real reason other than they can

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i dont hate the idea of a mid season trade period but it would be pretty hard to manange with the Salary Cap and there would have to be clauses put in all players contracts ect. but the idea of being able to "top up" mid year if you have an injury in a position you cant cover or for a player who has fallen out of favour to try his luck elsewhere i do like , the thing i dont want to see is it become like the NBA where mid-season a bloke you have been cheering for all year suddenly gets moved on to another team for no real reason other than they can

that actually happebed in 1990...i found it really disconcerting.... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Cairnsman wrote:
That's why a mid season trade period would be a good idea. In a way there already is, its just underground.
you've been around NRL people for too long if you think that
should never ever be introduced to the AFL
PS well done cripps, its a tough mid-field to get a gig

Seeya
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

the less Brown plays, the more it decreases his value

hope he doesn't get a game this season

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:the less Brown plays, the more it decreases his value

Yep and that would suggest the less ability he shows. Why we would even be slighty interested worries me.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
The NRL system has some positives over the AFL system, mainly in that there is less secrecy about all of the dealings. It allows both the club and player to better plan and prepare their options for the next season. If an NRL club wants to cut a player or a player wants to leave then both parties can secure there next option with plenty of time and in most cases by working together. There is less rushing and more time to make better decisions and because it is an open and transparent system each party gets an opportunity to get the best possible deal for themselves. It also helps remove some of the uncertainty.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
The NRL system has some positives over the AFL system, mainly in that there is less secrecy about all of the dealings. It allows both the club and player to better plan and prepare their options for the next season. If an NRL club wants to cut a player or a player wants to leave then both parties can secure there next option with plenty of time and in most cases by working together. There is less rushing and more time to make better decisions and because it is an open and transparent system each party gets an opportunity to get the best possible deal for themselves. It also helps remove some of the uncertainty.

And you can leave whilst still playing at that club. Its a much better system even thou we complain when players leave in the of season. Its crap and lets face it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cripps has some talent and I think he might be more motivated now he's home. It's a shame he didn't show loyalty to the Saints but so be it. I hope who ever we got with his pick is 10 times the player still.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

And you can leave whilst still playing at that club. Its a much better system even thou we complain when players leave in the of season. Its crap and lets face it.
Just to be clear, what's crap?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

What did we receive for him?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:the less Brown plays, the more it decreases his value

Yep and that would suggest the less ability he shows. Why we would even be slighty interested worries me.

it would suggest that but that would not necessarily be the case

it means he can't get a game ahead of the above mentioned players... doesn't mean he's not more than capable of filling the role we would require of him and improve long term

that being said I don't really know if he's any good... if he doesn't play and we get him for a 3rd rounder, i can live with that even if he turns out to be a dud

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Cripps has some talent and I think he might be more motivated now he's home. It's a shame he didn't show loyalty to the Saints but so be it. I hope who ever we got with his pick is 10 times the player still.
Cripps has some talent but unfortunately is mentally weak. Not good enough to be an outside receiver.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SuperDuper
Club Player

In the end webasically got Murdoch for Cripps....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:Cripps has some talent and I think he might be more motivated now he's home. It's a shame he didn't show loyalty to the Saints but so be it. I hope who ever we got with his pick is 10 times the player still.
Cripps has some talent but unfortunately is mentally weak. Not good enough to be an outside receiver.

A little harsh- I don't know why everyone thinks he was a dogger.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:In the end webasically got Murdoch for Cripps....
Might turn out to be a good trade

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

A little harsh- I don't know why everyone thinks he was a dogger.

A complete Myth. No one who plays AFL footy dos it.