NEW STREAM

creepypolar

NEW STREAM

There's been a rumour of a new stream on Justin.tv

If anyone knows about it, a link would be greatly appreciated! PM please

ShanghaiSaint

Re: NEW STREAM

after looking and asking... I have found a new stream... AFL app on the Ipad $14.95 a month or 89 season pass. watched yesterday feed was great and in HD.

Greg T

ShanghaiSaint wrote:after looking and asking... I have found a new stream... AFL app on the Ipad $14.95 a month or 89 season pass. watched yesterday feed was great and in HD.
Thanks for the info was wondering what is was like cheers

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key

ShanghaiSaint wrote:after looking and asking... I have found a new stream... AFL app on the Ipad $14.95 a month or 89 season pass. watched yesterday feed was great and in HD.
Is is $14.95 a month for a minimum of 12 months or can you opt out after a couple of months etc?

ShanghaiSaint

Is is $14.95 a month for a minimum of 12 months or can you opt out after a couple of months etc?
Hi Pav, it's 14.95 a month recuring unless you cancel it before the new month starts... or you pay for a season pass. based on our FOX coverage and how many games i can go to. I will buy months here and there.

I was very happy with it and recomend it, just wish there was a way to do it so I could only get the saints games and share went to the club.

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Hi Pav, it's 14.95 a month recuring unless you cancel it before the new month starts... or you pay for a season pass. based on our FOX coverage and how many games i can go to. I will buy months here and there.

I was very happy with it and recomend it, just wish there was a way to do it so I could only get the saints games and share went to the club.
how much data download does it use. Is it ok a andriod tablet. Heard its patchy and does not show all the games

felix

From my understanding you pay the subscription for the steam and there is no data download costs.

Someone said it does unmetered for Telstra customers but is pulled from your data otherwise. If you turn off roaming and run through wi fi at home should stop it- apparently can watch it through airplay? is it on Apple tv. Keeps the image about the size of an i pad and starts to lose resolution and stammers but so did Justintv.

Kiedis

After resisting a very long time..

I subscribed for the month so I could see the GWS game & for $15 - well worth it.

I don't have a tablet. I just use it on my iPhone & hey, It's everything you need, every game of footy at your fingertips & even on a bee's dick screen; s***s all over the quality you'd get from our long lost friend appleguts.

Unmetered on Telstra or yeah, just use wifi. Can cancel/start up subscription anytime.

Only for overseas customers?

I'd probably buy it if it worked on a laptop/desktop... What's the difference between letting people watch on an iPad and a laptop? I don't really want another iTem, or watch something for 3 hours on a phone.

I guess there would be away to divert the stream to your laptop from your phone?

it doesnt work on a laptop????
huh???

58ter

fantastic , can watch anywhere , was in a hospital visiting and watched nth v syd live ( not delayed ) and then saints v gws , you can switch between games when overlapping. I have samsung III 4G, its unmetered ,just keep eye on battery usage , can watch also in car much better versatility than laptop.
It had a few bugs during NAB cup but very good now. I don't have foxtel but who needs it at $89 / year through the phone

Kiedis

Yeah no idea why It's tablet & mobile specific, would be great if you could simply watch the games on your comp... Silly.

ShanghaiSaint wrote:

thanks for the info. I'll probably try it.

Kiedis wrote:Yeah no idea why It's tablet & mobile specific, would be great if you could simply watch the games on your comp... Silly.
I reckon that might make Foxtel pretty unhappy since it would be a complete substitute for their service.

Kiedis wrote:Yeah no idea why It's tablet & mobile specific, would be great if you could simply watch the games on your comp... Silly.
I reckon that might make Foxtel pretty unhappy since it would be a complete substitute for their service.
iPad & small laptop… what's the difference?

Perhaps the greater potential for piracy streaming to windows/OSX than iOs & Android?

mick13

The app is completely useless on Android. Does seem to work better on iOS though.

dragit wrote:Perhaps the greater potential for piracy streaming to windows/OSX than iOs & Android?
there is something to that
but there is also a resolution issue - its easier to stream for the small screen lower res apple devices
as opposed to the multitude of different sizes on the android & PC
it was a factor with the ABC streams and the reason why non apple os devices have higher data bandwidth requirements for the same stream
(ie higher res more data)

Not quite. Remember with Foxtel you've got IQ for recording and can watch in full size on your big Telly, plus you get the shows through the week.

But you certainly pay through the nose for it !

saintspremiers wrote: Not quite. Remember with Foxtel you've got IQ for recording and can watch in full size on your big Telly, plus you get the shows through the week.

But you certainly pay through the nose for it !
and you can stream it to your apple device via the foxtel app

dragit wrote:iPad & small laptop… what's the difference?
Most people can easily connect their laptop to their TV, but not so much with the iPhone/iPad. I dunno, that's my only hypothesis at this point - basically the AFL are taking baby steps towards having all their own broadcasts of the games but they don't want to go too fast and throw away all the TV rights revenue.

Rosco

I did it last year, iPad with hdmi connector into the tv. Quality wasn't great but was watchable. Not sure if they've improved it for this year.

with fox you cant get it on android yet
if you have fox at home you can get it on your iphone but guess what...no footy channel, even if you have the sports package (i believe as a mate told me)
absolutely rubbish imo
what the f****** hell is the point of that shite????

and they wonder why peeps stream and download

because their service is second rate (fox and afl)

make billions a year, the pair of them and still, cannot figure it out and do it half assed AND charge a f****** fortune

go the pirates i say

matrix wrote:with fox you cant get it on android yet
if you have fox at home you can get it on your iphone but guess what...no footy channel, even if you have the sports package (i believe as a mate told me)
absolutely rubbish imo
what the f****** hell is the point of that shite????

and they wonder why peeps stream and download

because their service is second rate (fox and afl)

make billions a year, the pair of them and still, cannot figure it out and do it half assed AND charge a f****** fortune

go the pirates i say
Sucks a bit. I get foxtel on my iPad, but as you say, no AFL? Got the English soccer, got GoT, movies, etc. Got everything BUT afl?