Tonights positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Tonights positives

Not too many but there were some.

Newnes - a very good game especially the first half. Faded in the second

Roberton - again in our best. A real gem of a find

Jimmy Gwilt - getting back to his best

Jack Steven - down a bit but getting more consistant

Roo

Jimmy Webster - one of the few who didn't miss a target.

OK we got towelled - but remember where we are at. A lot of kids who will be inconsistant.

Put it behind us and move on.

Got plenty to work with and we are not a lost cause.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tonights positives

Joey? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

We have some promising children.

Keep on playing them and see where it takes us.

Milera needs to be sent back to the VFL and probably kept there.

He plays like a video-game will all the tricky stuff however none of it works and it results in turnovers.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Joey? !!

Until he kicks it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Usual consistant self
Last edited by joffaboy on Sun 19 May 2013 8:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Buckets
SS Life Member

JB the most disappointing aspect of the game wasn't the kids it was the older brigade.

They didn't look as if they wanted it at all.

Will agree with you on the positives though but gee doesn't feel like much right now :(

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Roberton was bloody excelent.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Until he kicks it.

Cant you read the OP title?

Go and troll the other threads and stop trying to jack the only positive thread from tonight.

Lance or James??

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Exactly,it's a rebuild.

They don't happen overnight unless you are Geelong who still have 3-4 genuine freaks in there side still who help carry the youngsters

There will be more poor performances than good, get used to it for the next 18 months at least,possibly longer if we draft sh*t.

Just need to keep exposing the youngsters,only way forward is back,short term pain- long term gain,and add any other clichés you like.

Webster hit's targets, that right now is a major positive

Bring back the Lockett era
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

defenders can stand tall they had to deal with fast free flowing entry all night... boys really did stand up.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:JB the most disappointing aspect of the game wasn't the kids it was the older brigade.

They didn't look as if they wanted it at all.

Will agree with you on the positives though but gee doesn't feel like much right now :(
Fair enough, but lets try and look at the the positives Buckets. Can understand how you feel, but tevery other thread on the board is full of angst.

Though Sipposs tried hard.

Stanley showed a bit more tonight than over the past few weeks.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Until he kicks it.

Go and troll the other threads and stop trying to jack the only positive thread from tonight.

Sorry I didnt realise we all had to agree on this thread. Please ask your wife to give you your pills. You are an idiot.

sasaint
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:Roberton was bloody excelent.
+++ :wink:

Patience young grasshopper
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sasaint wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:Roberton was bloody excelent.
+++ :wink:

He has been very good all year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not many, underwhelming performance....

Some players played well at times, a lot of 4/10 games......

Newnes, Webster, Roberton were definite positives

Gwilt was really good, as was Dempster and Geary was ok.... Possibly three of our more reliable players.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think they're old, and we have to let it go...it's not intent, it's years of the 'almost' and tough saints footy catching up with them.

It's a positive and a negative in one, it really does fall on the 21-24 year olds now, they're probably another 12 months from being up to the task.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Sorry I didnt realise we all had to agree on this thread. Please ask your wife to give you your pills. You are an idiot.[/quote]

here we go again.. fight time... lets just open a member fight thread so it can flogged off in there and leaves a decent thread in tact.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

All the kids. Would be great if they could play forward. Webster was outstanding for a first full gamer. Will be a star.

8856brother wrote:All the kids. Would be great if they could play forward. Webster was outstanding for a first full gamer. Will be a star.

Yep Newnes and Webster look really good.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:here we go again.. fight time... lets just open a member fight thread so it can flogged off in there and leaves a decent thread in tact.

Dont worry I wont dignify the troll with a response. Just trying to wreck a thread.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:here we go again.. fight time... lets just open a member fight thread so it can flogged off in there and leaves a decent thread in tact.

Dont worry I wont dignify the troll with a response. Just trying to wreck a thread.

I think we had plenty of positves tonight. We are a young side with older guys who are struggling.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Jack Newnes still has his jaw plated and screwd after the neanderthal Brogan smashed his face in.

To come back as a kid asd get better and better is a real positive.

Hope young Wright can do the same.

Lance or James??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Jack Newnes still has his jaw plated and screwd after the neanderthal Brogan smashed his face in.

We missed Wright, and that's saying something a few games in

Freebird
Club Player

We have many lazy players in the side and I'm concerned that playing our developing players with them will foster a bad culture.
We have to weed out the players that stand back and want the easy ball

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Jack Newnes still has his jaw plated and screwd after the neanderthal Brogan smashed his face in.

We missed Wright, and that's saying something a few games in
That in itself is both a huge positive and negative...