Eastern's idea to UNITE the SAINTS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Eastern's idea to UNITE the SAINTS !!

We all know the slogan for this year "LOYALTY UNITES US" and that doesn't seem to have happened just yet.

I have an idea that MIGHT work, but it might take a few more creative minds than mine to make it work. The idea is to "CIRCLE THE DOME AS A UNITED St KILDA"

The idea is for as many saints fans/members to gather at ONE SPOT and CIRCLE THE DOME prior to entering for the Port Adelaide game on July 20. I chose this game as its a Saturday Night game and possibly a bit easier for people to get there a bit earlier.

The idea would be for EVERYONE to assemble outside Gate 7 (Latrobe St End) where it's less hectic and CIRCLE THE DOME behind the banner "LOYALTY UNITES US". We could go around past Ch7, around past Gate 1, past Ch 9 and finish outside Gate 5 (people could drop off and enter along the way). If this idea grows enough legs, we could even get the club involved by having some Board Members, Executive and non-participating players lead the march.

Please let us know if you think this idea has any merit or you think its a heap of crap. Also, if you have anything to add or you have a better idea, please post in this thread !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eastern's idea to UNITE the SAINTS !!

Love your passion Tom :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

It wont be possible due to OHS issue's !

In red white and black from 73
SunburySaint
Club Player

I thought you were going to shout everyone at the bar?? But this plan will do... I guess :-D

Now lives in Geelong...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:It wont be possible due to OHS issue's !
WHY? For this idea to a MASSIVE SUCCESS it would involve up to 3,000 people. At say 6.45 at a game where we would expect a crowd of 25,000 Max, this would be a whole lot less people on the concourse than there would be at the end of a game where 40,000 attend !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:It wont be possible due to OHS issue's !
WHY? For this idea to a MASSIVE SUCCESS it would involve up to 3,000 people. At say 6.45 at a game where we would expect a crowd of 25,000 Max, this would be a whole lot less people on the concourse than there would be at the end of a game where 40,000 attend !!
At 6.45 against Port we'd be lucky to have 10,000 there.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I reckon there will be a crowd of somewhere near 25,000 as it's a Saturday Night. 15,000+ of those will be SAINTS FANS. What I am proposing is "Hopefully" getting up to 3,000 of those SAINTS FANS to get to the ground around 50 mins prior to the First Bounce and participating in this event (If it Comes Off). If you just want to be a Negative Nellie who doesn't want to be involved I will lower my estimate down to 2,999 !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Each person that wants to be part of the circle of dome collects one raffle ticket from a designated spot outside the ground.

While the circle of dome is formed a locked box is walked around the circle so each participating person can put their ticket in the box.

A ticket is drawn from the box at half time and the winner receives a visitors pass into the inner sanctum of the club rooms for the clubs next home game.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Each person that wants to be part of the circle of dome collects one raffle ticket from a designated spot outside the ground.

While the circle of dome is formed a locked box is walked around the circle so each participating person can put their ticket in the box.

A ticket is drawn from the box at half time and the winner receives a visitors pass into the inner sanctum of the club rooms for the clubs next home game.
I like it !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have done a Copy & Paste of this and forwarded it to The Club and The Cheer Squad. I will post if & when I get a reply !!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Great idea, Eastern. The only fly in the ointment is that ATM we'd struggle to get enough supporters to make a circle big enough to surround a game of marbles.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why dont you shout everyone you owe a beer.

That would unite the 25k or so you would need to do :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
milney044
Club Player

Eastern, i love it! I'm sure you could get the club on board, could even get your hands on the posters they hand out before games and distribute to everyone perticipating. I don't know about everyone else, but i go to Saints away games and you can really tell you're not at home - whereas i never feel like we really take advantage of home games and this is an excellent step towards that ! I want to walk into Etihad on Saints Home games and feel like we've got a strong supporter base and also a strong club. I think this is a really good idea. There are so many aspects of our club that i reckon could really be improved - i just wish i had the ability to do it! This though is a great step towards instilling some of that intimidation on other support bases when for so long it's been on the other foot. As much as i loathe them, the tigers cheer squad and fan base to a great job of uniting their supporters and i think we could take a leaf - minus the filthiness of them of course.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Great idea Eastern...reminds me of the series Charmed. Those hot witches used to hold hands and use 'the power of 3' or maybe we could do something like this;

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

*BUMP* !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Great idea Eastern...reminds me of the series Charmed. Those hot witches used to hold hands and use 'the power of 3' or maybe we could do something like this;

3 mobile is no longer. Defunct after 30 August. Finally can get my wife off her stupid costly plan!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i love the idea Eastern .... ill even support it by walking around my kitchen at 4:45 on july 20 ... :)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i love the idea Eastern .... ill even support it by walking around my kitchen at 4:45 on july 20 ... :)
Thanks Trav. Still haven't heard from the club apart from a computer generated E-Mail that told me the appropriate person would respond to me. Pretty disappointing, really. Also, haven't heard back from the Cheer Squad either !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The way we're going the circle of doom would be more appropriate.

By the way it's not a dome and never has been, Telstra just didn't want to confuse the people in Sydney.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

I think the way to make this a really great bonding exercise is for the chain of people to engage in an 'elephant walk'.

The elephant walk is when every person walks with one thumb up the person in fronts arse hole and the other in their mouth - whoever breaks the circle must then swap thumbs.

What do you think?

Look again it's the Flash!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:I think the way to make this a really great bonding exercise is for the chain of people to engage in an 'elephant walk'.

The elephant walk is when every person walks with one thumb up the person in fronts arse hole and the other in their mouth - whoever breaks the circle must then swap thumbs.

What do you think?
And the Saints bonding 'elephant walk', could be done to Henry Mancini's tune 'The Baby Elephant Walk'. You had to live through the 1960's folks to know that tune. Was the theme music for the film 'Hatari' (??? spelling)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:The way we're going the circle of doom would be more appropriate.

By the way it's not a dome and never has been, Telstra just didn't want to confuse the people in Sydney.
I wish I had of thought of calling it the "Telstra Doom" back then. Mind you, Jihad Stadium is a pretty good nickname these days.

It's definitely not a dome with its flat roof. It's more of a homeless shelter for Melbourne based clubs.

Eastern wrote:"LOYALTY UNITES US"
I thought it was Doctor Marten boots?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

*BUMP*

I haven't heard back from the club or the Cheer Squad yet. I intend to really try to get this thing up and running but I can't do it alone. The more people that can get this idea out there through Social Media the better. If YOU like the idea and want to play a part in making it happen, please forward it through your facebook and twitter contacts !!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Keep persevering Eastern, you may just get this up! I particularly like Cairnsman's idea of the Raffle Ticket - a great incentive. I'll be very interested to hear how much support you get from the Club - don't hold your breath!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

After last night, maybe we should organise an "Occupy AFL House' protest.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.