Tom Simpkin- 2 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Tom Simpkin- 2 weeks

A stupid reaction by him on Sunday. Very costly with Fisher out, to both Tom and the Club.

Viking3
Club Player

Re: Tom Simpkin- 2 weeks

Agree- silly thing to do.

In terms of demerit points it is hard to believe Embley's act of dropping his knees into his opponent is deemed the same as Simpkins jab.
It may be just me but that was a pretty low act from Embley.

Additionally, I am unsure how, comparing it to previous cases (Milne/Judd...), Petrie gets off! Pushing is usually done with an open hand not a clawing type action.

As usual I am perplexed by MRP decisions.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

And..........Spencer offered 3 weeks for his hit on Benny Mac !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergsone
SS Life Member

Its like a lottery

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Its like a lottery

He was always going to get 2 weeks based on points. he would have finished with one if he hadnt been suspended before. it was stupid and very costly for him. Who knows, may even cost him a spot on the list. You argued it was soft but he had to go.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

silly yes !
but how much does dawes get for the dive !
There are players now who down down quicker than freddie mercury backstage at a queen concert !

In red white and black from 73
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

He was always going to get 2 weeks based on points. he would have finished with one if he hadnt been suspended before. it was stupid and very costly for him. Who knows, may even cost him a spot on the list. You argued it was soft but he had to go.
have you gone off Simpkin? I thought you liked him.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Would not have knocked over a granny,silly yes,cost a spot on list by someone taking a dive,that would be ridicious

I don't see much difference in that compared to tummy punches,jumper punches etc.....its the luck of the draw

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Embly gets the same for a far more dirty act. Stevie J gets two for a perfect bump shows the MRP is a joke.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

have you gone off Simpkin? I thought you liked him.

I do. I certainly havent said ive gone off him. The fact is he has played 2 games this season and may not play again. That isnt a great record. He maybe safe due to age and that there are a few in front of him who will go but he is my no means safe. As for the hit i reckon he would be very disappointed in himself. for a sart it probably cost him about 8k and that is in the short term.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Embly gets the same for a far more dirty act. Stevie J gets two for a perfect bump shows the MRP is a joke.

If you reckon Steve J was the perfect bump then you should not be allowed to post again due to lack of credibility. All decisions look correct this week. Knowing the rules does help though.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Heres a suggestion...dont swing a punch at anyones head 50m off the play..then the chances of you being suspended are greatly reduced

Yes Dawes crumpled like a pack of cards..but Tom had the option not to do it. Wasnt a block or a shepherd

Silly act that Id hope will be pointed out to him by the senior players. Gets back in the side and does that.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I do. I certainly havent said ive gone off him. The fact is he has played 2 games this season and may not play again. That isnt a great record. He maybe safe due to age and that there are a few in front of him who will go but he is my no means safe. As for the hit i reckon he would be very disappointed in himself. for a sart it probably cost him about 8k and that is in the short term.
Good. he would have been good this week. I guess we don't want to win too many games though.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Embly gets the same for a far more dirty act. Stevie J gets two for a perfect bump shows the MRP is a joke.

If you reckon Steve J was the perfect bump then you should not be allowed to post again due to lack of credibility. All decisions look correct this week. Knowing the rules does help though.
Stevie J's bump was a perfect bump yet to see any footage that suggests other wise.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Stevie J's bump was a perfect bump yet to see any footage that suggests other wise.

You should read the rule book. it would help you understand the game. the bump hit the other player in the head. makes it a bad bump. not sure what footage you saw but it wasnt the bump yesterday if you dont think it head the players head.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote: If you reckon Steve J was the perfect bump then you should not be allowed to post again due to lack of credibility. All decisions look correct this week. Knowing the rules does help though.

You should read the rule book. it would help you understand the game. the bump hit the other player in the head. makes it a bad bump. not sure what footage you saw but it wasnt the bump yesterday if you dont think it head the players head.

Please dont try and tell me you can say that clearly made contact with his head. His head got thrown back with the impact then hit the ground. Perfect bump play on no other option.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Please dont try and tell me you can say that clearly made contact with his head. His head got thrown back with the impact then hit the ground. Perfect bump play on no other option.

When you make up your mind you clearly dont watch vision with 2 eyes. His head was hit by the bump. 100% and to say otherwise means you are blind. Unless of course every single person who commented on it is wrong except you.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You should read the rule book. it would help you understand the game. the bump hit the other player in the head. makes it a bad bump. not sure what footage you saw but it wasnt the bump yesterday if you dont think it head the players head.
Hodge on Murphy??
Hodge on Henderson??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Dont lie you cannot be 100% sure his shoulder hit his head there is no actual 100% proof.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Love Simpkin.
Was worth it for hitting Dawes.

Embley's brain explosion had to be worth 4.

p.s id love to see how simpkin went on jack this weekend.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Love Simpkin.
Was worth it for hitting Dawes.

Embley's brain explosion had to be worth 4.

p.s id love to see how simpkin went on jack this weekend.

So it was worth 2 games and about 8K to Tom and at the worst a delisting. its time people realsied there stupid things dont help anyone including the side. How it it worth it hitting dawes?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Stevie J makes me laugh. How come he doesnt have massive carry over points. He gets reported every year. Wonder what Bakes thinks when he sees this.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ahh so its OK for Tom to get a couple so long as everyone else gets rubbed out too, preferably for longer.

High contact, low impact, intentional..how can anyone possibly argue with that

Would have been a one weeker but he has priors

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ahh so its OK for Tom to get a couple so long as everyone else gets rubbed out too, preferably for longer.

High contact, low impact, intentional..how can anyone possibly argue with that

Would have been a one weeker but he has priors

On balance;

1 week for the Hit

1 week for the STUPIDITY

Yeah, they got it about right !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Roo the cousin will kick friggin six this weekend....
3 Backman out....not good.