Should Kosi and Milney play this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Should Kosi and Milney play this week

Thought it maybe an interesting discussion as to whether we play both, one or none of the 2 players this week. It is my opinion that Kosi should not play this week after a pretty good performace by our players this week. Rooy has to come in for someone for a start and Lee deseres his spot so the only way kosi could play is both Stanley and Hickey are dropped or Stanley goes back. I couldnt see both being dropped and i cant see the point of Stanley going back again so i wouldnt play Kosi this week. There will be another game for him somewhere down the track. By the way I would love to know what they will do with Hickey and Stanley. Only one can play for team balance. Which one is it unless Stanley does go back.

Now Milney. This is hard one I reckon. he looks certain to play and unlike kosi there is probably 3 spots for him but will it be good for him and more importantly the club. Initally I didnt want milney to miss any games and said that I here. i soon changed my mind after all the discussion in the media and thought he should retire. that isnt going to happen obviously but i really worry about Milney and his family this week. There is going to be more booing for one player than maybe any player in the history of the game. i just hope there is no trouble in the crowd when saints fans stick up for Milney this week. I will give 1005 support if he does play but i hope we as a club dont cop to much for letting him play. So far so good on SEN today. Even Patrick said he couldnt see a problem with him playing.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Should Kosi and Milney play this week

Have to agree on Milney, is the Blues game the right game for him to come back?
I say wait another week personally.
Or at the very least make him sub.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Agree Milney should play. Kosi should come in only if Lee can't get up after playing Perth on a six day turnaround. This is a guy fresh off an achilles issue, so conservative is the key word in a development year.
If he can get up, then he holds his spot. Kosi will clearly get to his 200th, but I don't think it will go beyond that, barring further injuries to other key forwards.

Stanley could conceivably play back if Gwilt is injured. Would like to see Lee & Roo in the forward line with Stanley playing forward and relieving in the ruck. Could happen in Gwilt plays and Simpkin comes straight back in.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Milney should play !

Kosi is done , he should play a farewell game either rd 22 v the suns or rd 23 v the dockers !

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kosi definitely not as he needs form in the VFL first.

Milney - well, considering it seems he will play again, it may as well be against Bluescum. He hates them
like a supporter, and will thrive on the booing.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Pretty much agree with the sentiments re Kosi, needs to be with Sandy again, before coming back for his 200th. Not sure about Milney, just not sure :?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

reckon wait a week with milne ... dont need a replay of the Malthouse /Milne spat being replayed over and over again in the pregame ... the week after we got port at home ... much better comeback for milne in my opinion

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, a good point mate! Perhaps Kosi could feature too? I kind of like the idea of him getting a milestone game at a HOME game!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

kosi should have had his 200th in perth ... would have got more cheers from the saints fans then boo's ..... jk

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:kosi should have had his 200th in perth ... would have got more cheers from the saints fans then boo's ..... jk

I havent heard to many boo him in Melbourne.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Thought it maybe an interesting discussion as to whether we play both, one or none of the 2 players this week. It is my opinion that Kosi should not play this week after a pretty good performace by our players this week. Rooy has to come in for someone for a start and Lee deseres his spot so the only way kosi could play is both Stanley and Hickey are dropped or Stanley goes back. I couldnt see both being dropped and i cant see the point of Stanley going back again so i wouldnt play Kosi this week. There will be another game for him somewhere down the track. By the way I would love to know what they will do with Hickey and Stanley. Only one can play for team balance. Which one is it unless Stanley does go back.
P66 loving your work on here lately.

Agree, no player that Kosi could replace deserves to come out. I don't think Kosi deserves to play this week. Hard thing to say as I have a lot of respect for Kosi.
Now Milney. This is hard one I reckon. he looks certain to play and unlike kosi there is probably 3 spots for him but will it be good for him and more importantly the club. Initally I didnt want milney to miss any games and said that I here. i soon changed my mind after all the discussion in the media and thought he should retire. that isnt going to happen obviously but i really worry about Milney and his family this week. There is going to be more booing for one player than maybe any player in the history of the game. i just hope there is no trouble in the crowd when saints fans stick up for Milney this week. I will give 1005 support if he does play but i hope we as a club dont cop to much for letting him play. So far so good on SEN today. Even Patrick said he couldnt see a problem with him playing.
Milney, this will be a crowd based baptism of fire this week if he plays. Expect it guys the Blues fans are up there with the worst of the comp. Booing will be the nicer things being directed his way. I think he should play and hope he does. From a player point of veiw Saad is struggling and i would prefer to see a proven small line up with Nick and Lee, please keep Lee in.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

According to SW's statement in the paper, Murdoch, Saunders and Lee all in this week. That leaves Kosi out as far as I can see.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/y ... 2pkbv.html

That's just leaves the debate on Milne. On recent exposed form, Milne is in ahead of Saad.

There's your answer, Milne in, Kosi out.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kosi - No way. Hes not as good as Hickey or Lee so why play him?

Milney - I think maybe yeah.... But Saad has to go back and learn how to play footy. Saad and TDL need to add some more positions to their bow. They cant just be small fwds. Sure Milney has made a career from just that - but hes a freak really. Its not normal.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I think get Kosi to his 200 this week then have him announce his retirement effective immediately.
Leave Hickey out or rest Ben if he has any sort of niggle.
Lee must stay. Mine should come back in for any of the other three smalls.
With Kosi's history with injury if you play him in the VFL this week he may never return
Roo obviously comes in and could replace any of the younger players who might be in need of a rest.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Kosi No, Milney Yes. And agree with Shanghai P66 has been posting some great stuff lately.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Saad and TDL need to add some more positions to their bow. They cant just be small fwds.
I was thinking about this, can they go and play midfield at VFL level, learn how to get more touches and tackles… Even if they don't come back to play midfield at AFL level, they'd surely learn a lot playing there at VFL level.

6 blokes on the list for what should be one spot in the team at the moment, meanwhile we are 8 midfielders short.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Kosi - No

Milne -Yes, Saad out... Milera out for Roo... TDL stays, something I never thought I'd say 3 months ago..

Was also torn initially with the Milne issue.. Agreed with the club when stepping him down for the immediate matches, but with a little time for the dust to settle, he is still innocent until proved otherwise, and deserves to earn his pay...

As for the Hickey/Stanley dilemma, I've gone back and forth on Stanley every week for 3 years...

I'm now very concerned he has not got what it takes... I am more than comfortable with Hickey playing alongside Mac, think he shows a lot, but Rhys just does not get involved or seem to show improvement, ala Lee on the weekend, who was excellent..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would say Rooey is the only definite. Milney maybe and Kosi I doubt very much. Probably the Port home game and doubt we will see him again in a Saints jumper after that.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:I think get Kosi to his 200 this week then have him announce his retirement effective immediately.
Leave Hickey out or rest Ben if he has any sort of niggle.
Lee must stay. Mine should come back in for any of the other three smalls.
With Kosi's history with injury if you play him in the VFL this week he may never return
Roo obviously comes in and could replace any of the younger players who might be in need of a rest.
how will that do any good ? Kosi will prob retire but how does him making it effective immediately help the team especially if we lose Hickey McEvoy or Stanley for any longer than a week ? give him his 200th then let his form dictate his spot in the team end of year he can hang up the boots ... no point in putting a line through his name when he may still be needed

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:kosi should have had his 200th in perth ... would have got more cheers from the saints fans then boo's ..... jk

I havent heard to many boo him in Melbourne.
its a joke Plugger .... that said the 12 people we have at our games in melbourne you prob wouldnt hear it if it did hapen .... (again a joke)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Milney. Definitely YES this week

Kosi. I'd like to see his 200th (and possibly last) game to be the "Fan Day" game in Round 22 v Gold Coast, unless injuries, form & fitness dictate otherwise.

FAN DAY is the day we have planned for the Etihad March, Circle the Dome thingy !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Milney. Definitely YES this week

Kosi. I'd like to see his 200th (and possibly last) game to be the "Fan Day" game in Round 22 v Gold Coast, unless injuries, form & fitness dictate otherwise.

FAN DAY is the day we have planned for the Etihad March, Circle the Dome thingy !!
ill be over for that game eastern as will most of the supporter group leaders from around the country ... if i can ill join in your Etihad march ...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, the inclusion (or exclusion) of either of the two are big decisions the selection committee will have to make. No doubt they are spinning over it right now.

Kosi? No. For pretty much the same reasons P66 stated. If we are serious about winning the game, he'll have to wait another week for his milestone. Carlton are a fast team and too much tall timber won't give us a better chance.

Milne? Bringing him back makes perfect sense to me. I also think he would relish the opportunity. As far as the booing goes, that is to be expected. Let them boo and moo until the cows come home. He generally plays better when he is booed anyway. I guess the only worry of him being selected is that it could be bad press for the club. Maybe even damning to the club's reputation. Could prove a bit of a dilemma. Will be very interesting to see how it pans out over the course of the week.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Eastern wrote:Milney. Definitely YES this week

ill be over for that game eastern as will most of the supporter group leaders from around the country ... if i can ill join in your Etihad march ...
Don't forget to bring your "WESTERN SAINTS" Banner with you. I'd love to see ALL the Country & Interstate groups represented that day, WITH THEIR BANNERS !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kosi will get his 200th.
Just not this week.
Sooner or later Hickey or Macca will get injured or really need a rest. Play the Kos when that happens.

I think most of us feel it was smart to leave Milney out for a few weeks while things were hysterical - but now I think its cool if he comes back.