Nettlefold on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nettlefold on SEN

Admitted we have a long way to go culturally..... Never defended the actions ..... and said he was in disbelief when he found out about Monday.

Said the players were absolutely embarrassed by the incident.... And cancelled the B&F after party

Good interview.... Really struggled to explain why we were not professional enough, but was honest enough to admit and was strong in the fact that we need to get better in many areas....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nettlefold on SEN

Not all they've cancelled...

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Admitted we have a long way to go culturally..... Never defended the actions ..... and said he was in disbelief when he found out about Monday.

Said the players were absolutely embarrassed by the incident.... And cancelled the B&F after party

Good interview.... Really struggled to explain why we were not professional enough, but was honest enough to admit and was strong in the fact that we need to get better in many areas....

In other words he echoed the feelings of the majority on here.
Lunatic fringe.....HATE CRIME...........all Media's fault for reporting it

Common sense view... stupid alcohol fuelled high jinks blown out of all proportion by opportunistic "victim" and trashy tabloid papers and TV.

suss
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Not all they've cancelled...
Christmas?

Greg T
Club Player

Good at throwing off about things.
The more rubbish that goes on around the club,
less it hones in on his poor record and failure as the ceo imo...

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He was absolutely firm

Not blown out of proportion, and not a beat up.... I don't think it was a hate crime?! But I do think it was terrible for the image of the club, pathetic by those involved...

He was disappointed ...... And said many members had a gutful and he accepted why....

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Post season Thailand trip also cancelled at great expense to many

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote:Good at throwing off about things.
I have no problem with the club being held to account for poor behaviour but you back everyone and everything at the club

I love this club
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Greg T wrote:Good at throwing off about things.
I have no problem with the club being held to account for poor behaviour but you back everyone and everything at the club

I'd love to know exactly what this so called poor record entails exactly.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

He didnt speak very well at all. Rambled on really.

I must admit , I dont subscribe to this whole "culture" rubbish.

I see the brisbane lions thing disappeared quickly, as do things at other clubs.

The whole culture thing doesnt come from the club, it comes from the press. We are perceived by the whole football club as being "only Stkilda", we can be
pushed around , dragged through the mud over stuff that quickly disappears at other clubs.

It sells papers, what have the saints done now.

Culture is a myth, invented by the press to sell papers, and the public fall for it everytime.
We need someone who can make things disappear quickly like Eddie Mcquire does.
Seriously, how can Didak still be at the club getting a game after being with a murder hours before he committed murder. And the club has their own "rat pack".
Tryining to change the culture from with in the club is impossible, because the "culture" is determined by the rest of the football world.

The players need to concentrate on playing footy, the admin need to concentrate on administering the club.

I really am sick of hearing that we have a culture that goes back to the party boys of the 80"s. It is utter rubbish.

CJ did a dumb thing, so did daniel rich. And so did Fev when he was at Brisbane, oh god it must be brisbane's "culture".

As Finey said the other night part of this "culture" crap is

A player who never played a second of football with our club
A girl who admitted she lied
A couple of photos taken by boys on a trip
A dumb prank by a drunk player, that got turned in to a hate crime, but would not have got a mention if the guy wasnt a dwarf
Players breaking curfew on a training camp.

My advise to the players, put your heads down and train hard. Look at Port Adelaide. Their season started last year with awful circumstances, they worked hard, got fit
and look where they are. Hard work guys, and while you are working hard , there is nothing for the media to write about.

Culture smulture

HXT

Great post mullet

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yep. It isn't what you say that counts, it's what you do.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
PJ
SS Life Member

I'm not sure that bagging netters has got anything to do with it. I'd actually put it to you that he and others at the club have helped save st.kilda by orchestrating the rebuild and getting sw there.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I'm not sure that bagging netters has got anything to do with it. I'd actually put it to you that he and others at the club have helped save st.kilda by orchestrating the rebuild and getting sw there.

Helped save the saints? I dont get what you mean at all.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So mullet are you saying Port now have a good culture?

At least the club isn't shying away from the issues and making excuses like supporters do.... First admit it, and deal with it...

When is the last time Sydney had to deal with rubbish?

PJ
SS Life Member

Chart a course out of the aged player list left by Lyon towards a rapid rebuild (5 years or so)It would be an easier option temporarily to use the senior players to get us higher up the ladder and try and top up as we go. Which IMO would mean disaster.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So mullet are you saying Port now have a good culture?

At least the club isn't shying away from the issues and making excuses like supporters do.... First admit it, and deal with it...

When is the last time Sydney had to deal with rubbish?

Sydney didnt win a flag for over 70 years. How was their culture then. brisbane have won 3 in the last 12 years but also have Fev and Rich do amazingly stupid things. Geelong didnt win a flag for over 40 years but now has apparently a good culture. Just reckon they finally got lucky where as we were really unlucky in 2 GF's.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The victim mentality is worse....

Rich, wasn't it quashed? Fev was sacked and the club paid him a million? Brisbane not a great example....

Which club has had the most off field issues in the last decade, he'll while we're at it last century.... Bury your head if you want, I prefer it was changed?!

We have a culture of

Being unsuccessful
Losing star players
Off field drama

Instead of arguing about it, change it....

GT tried, Ross tried.... Almost got there but all points still remained...

Geelong turned their culture around, Sydney did, so have others... It can be done....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6713942923

one transcript

audio not online yet.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
spert
Saintsational Legend

Culture changes come from the top in any organisation, and the pressure is right on our new president and board to steer us in a successful direction, and Nettlefold carries out what they put in place.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The victim mentality is worse....

Rich, wasn't it quashed? Fev was sacked and the club paid him a million? Brisbane not a great example....

Which club has had the most off field issues in the last decade, he'll while we're at it last century.... Bury your head if you want, I prefer it was changed?!

We have a culture of

Being unsuccessful
Losing star players
Off field drama

Instead of arguing about it, change it....

GT tried, Ross tried.... Almost got there but all points still remained...

Geelong turned their culture around, Sydney did, so have others... It can be done....

How did geelong and Sydney turn their culture around? Myth. they just happened to win flags. I would love you tell us what changed in Geelong and sydney. No idea what you are talking about regarding Brisbane. They signed FV knowing what he was like. And im unsure the Rich thing has been quashed.

Lets be totally honest here. We didnt lose 2 GF's because of our culture.

PJ
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Culture changes come from the top in any organisation, and the pressure is right on our new president and board to steer us in a successful direction, and Nettlefold carries out what they put in place.
Agree

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:He didnt speak very well at all. Rambled on really.

I must admit , I dont subscribe to this whole "culture" rubbish.

I see the brisbane lions thing disappeared quickly, as do things at other clubs.

The whole culture thing doesnt come from the club, it comes from the press. We are perceived by the whole football club as being "only Stkilda", we can be
pushed around , dragged through the mud over stuff that quickly disappears at other clubs.

It sells papers, what have the saints done now.

Culture is a myth, invented by the press to sell papers, and the public fall for it everytime.
We need someone who can make things disappear quickly like Eddie Mcquire does.
Seriously, how can Didak still be at the club getting a game after being with a murder hours before he committed murder. And the club has their own "rat pack".
Tryining to change the culture from with in the club is impossible, because the "culture" is determined by the rest of the football world.

The players need to concentrate on playing footy, the admin need to concentrate on administering the club.

I really am sick of hearing that we have a culture that goes back to the party boys of the 80"s. It is utter rubbish.

CJ did a dumb thing, so did daniel rich. And so did Fev when he was at Brisbane, oh god it must be brisbane's "culture".

As Finey said the other night part of this "culture" crap is

A player who never played a second of football with our club
A girl who admitted she lied
A couple of photos taken by boys on a trip
A dumb prank by a drunk player, that got turned in to a hate crime, but would not have got a mention if the guy wasnt a dwarf
Players breaking curfew on a training camp.

My advise to the players, put your heads down and train hard. Look at Port Adelaide. Their season started last year with awful circumstances, they worked hard, got fit
and look where they are. Hard work guys, and while you are working hard , there is nothing for the media to write about.

Culture smulture

I absolutely, categorically concur.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Culture - lol.

People thorow the word around like they know what they are talking about.

Essendon has won 16 flags. Tell me about their culture

Carlton won just as many - how was their culture when they were paying off girls after accusation of rape. Recidivist cheating

Goes on and on.

I for one reckon our culture (whatever that is) was soooooo strong that we didn't recruit a known ice addict.

How is the culture and moral compass of people who wanted this cancer at our club.

Culture - a word thrown about by people who have no analytical or cognative skills as a catch all for their lack of knowledge and understanding.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)