Gillon McLachlan Is A Saints Supporter!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Gillon McLachlan Is A Saints Supporter!

According to Carro!

Did everyone else know this?

4th to last paragraph.

Oh, and apparently we nearly sacked Watters!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2vkwn.html

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gillon McLachlan Is A Saints Supporter!

Cue lots of relevant comments about Caros looks and dress sense.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
FQF
SS Life Member

Can someone explain to me why Caroline Wilson is the only person in the industry who seems to have the courage/audacity to write a tell-all article about what's going on at the club?

Apparently she's been on holiday the last few weeks while all these rumours, tidbits and innuendo was being whispered around and hinted to. Then she comes back and just sets it all out as it is.

Why doesn't any other reporter do this? Is it that they don't know the same information or Caro has some sort of immunity to write things no one else would dare to?

*Disclaimer: this post is grounded upon the premise that the information is true and accurate.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:According to Carro!

Did everyone else know this?

4th to last paragraph.

Oh, and apparently we nearly sacked Watters!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2vkwn.html

Great take! What I thought too.

Caro seems to confirm many of the strong rumours that were going around late last week. Sounds like it came close!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Gee she's a hag and have you seen her latest get up?

That out of the way....

More fluff - spruiks the AFL constantly rejected intervening at St Kilda and follows with a gem "but Gill McLaughlin supports St Kilda" - who cares you utter social gimp??? What is the excuse for this pathetic attempt to link 2 nothing's to make a nothing...

“Yeah….nah””
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yep confirmed, he's as one-eyed as any of us. Loves the Saints.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

My only concern is wtf is with our clubs obsession with wasting time trying to poach contracted eagles ?
First Mitch Brown now T Nisbett.
Saints - have you heard of a thing called a contract.
Stop wasting your time and go for the best available.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Surely, I mean surely most people that can read can tell that Caro has just dressed up second hand news to make it sound exclusive and believable. ..surely.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Tue 15 Oct 2013 11:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if T.Nesbit is related to Des Nesbit, an old Saint from wayback.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Great GMc is a Saints supporter but this paragraph,

"The AFL has continually denied that it is on the verge of intervening at St Kilda, although the league's deputy chief executive, Gillon McLachlan, is a Saints supporter and a friend of football director Thompson."

...is meaningless. It says nothing. Presents no insight. Nothing.

savatage
SS Life Member

Caro tweeted a well know online Saints supporter the other day (who seems fairly well connected) asking if he had any negative news on the Saints to report to her.

She loves it!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Caro tweeted a well know online Saints supporter the other day (who seems fairly well connected) asking if he had any negative news on the Saints to report to her.

She loves it!
You aren't referring to this?
https://twitter.com/caro_whine

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
savatage
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:
savatage wrote:Caro tweeted a well know online Saints supporter the other day (who seems fairly well connected) asking if he had any negative news on the Saints to report to her.

She loves it!
You aren't referring to this?
https://twitter.com/caro_whine
It was allegedly the real Caroline Wilson according to this person - but who knows. They may not be aware of this mock page.

ctqs
Club Player

FQF wrote:Can someone explain to me why Caroline Wilson is the only person in the industry who seems to have the courage/audacity to write a tell-all article about what's going on at the club?

Apparently she's been on holiday the last few weeks while all these rumours, tidbits and innuendo was being whispered around and hinted to. Then she comes back and just sets it all out as it is.

Why doesn't any other reporter do this? Is it that they don't know the same information or Caro has some sort of immunity to write things no one else would dare to?

*Disclaimer: this post is grounded upon the premise that the information is true and accurate.
She can do it because there's someone from the club leaking like a sieve. It's easy to do when it's served up on a platter.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:
FQF wrote:Can someone explain to me why Caroline Wilson is the only person in the industry who seems to have the courage/audacity to write a tell-all article about what's going on at the club?

She can do it because there's someone from the club leaking like a sieve. It's easy to do when it's served up on a platter.

Exactly but no one wants to admit it. we look for fault outside the club. About time we found out who leaks all this crap. is it the disgruntaled older players or Netters or SW manager or Pelchan or the unhappy assistant coaches. I know people think the papers make things up but it doesnt help when the president says there was plenty of tension between the 2 guys in charge. Anyway I blame that ugly girl Caro. What would she know she is a girl for a start.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:

Surely if there is one thing we have learned in the past few weeks before jumping to conclusion is to question EVERYTHING that is reported in the media regarding the Saints. Surely we have learnt that.

Apart from the Nisbett claim in that report there is absolutely nothing new and even then the Nisbett claim is unsubstantiated as yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
ctqs wrote:

Surely if there is one thing we have learned in the past few weeks before jumping to conclusion is to question EVERYTHING that is reported in the media regarding the Saints. Surely we have learnt that.

Apart from the Nisbett claim in that report there is absolutely nothing new and even then the Nisbett claim is unsubstantiated as yet.

Must just all be co incidence. There are issues at our club. We knew that at the start of the year when senior players had issues with the coach. They can be sorted out though. maybe every club has issues. Our problem is it gets in the media all the time because someone at the club is telling the media. find that out and it may help settle the club down.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that would be a first....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
ctqs wrote:

Must just all be co incidence. There are issues at our club. We knew that at the start of the year when senior players had issues with the coach. They can be sorted out though. maybe every club has issues. Our problem is it gets in the media all the time because someone at the club is telling the media. find that out and it may help settle the club down.
As I say with the exception of the Nisbett claim there rest of the article is just a fluff piece to counter the News Ltd articles the day before and is mostly built up by adding fat to existing media speculation, innuendo, wild assertion and illusion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
up on a platter.

As I say with the exception of the Nisbett claim there rest of the article is just a fluff piece to counter the News Ltd articles the day before and is mostly built up by adding fat to existing media speculation, innuendo, wild assertion and illusion.[/quote]

Yep reporters just do that and then she made something up about Nesbitt to be different. It makes sense. There are no issues at our club at all. Certainly no one is leaking anything. By the way I believe in santa.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I like this bit…

The AFL has continually denied that it is on the verge of intervening at St Kilda

Could it be that they are not on the verge of intervening Caro?

Reminds me of "Saints block Stanley trade"

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

As I say with the exception of the Nisbett claim there rest of the article is just a fluff piece to counter the News Ltd articles the day before and is mostly built up by adding fat to existing media speculation, innuendo, wild assertion and illusion.

Yep reporters just do that and then she made something up about Nesbitt to be different. It makes sense. There are no issues at our club at all. Certainly no one is leaking anything. By the way I believe in santa.
You didn't read my post properly. Is that maybe because you are trying to stir the pot. What is it with you drunks.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Wed 16 Oct 2013 8:44am, edited 1 time in total.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

It is a bit weird isn't it?

She tells it the way she sees or and potentially the way it is, yet is the journo that cops it relentlessly.

In the end the footy media is entertainment about football. Therefore it is entertainment about entertainment.

Most would have clicked on the article and read it, her job is done.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

You didn't read my post properly. Is that maybe because you are trying to stir the pot. What is it with you drunks.

I take it you have no ability to discuss things without getting personal. calling me a drunk is pretty classy. Either discuss it properly or stop with that rubbish. Its pathetic. Im not trying to stir up anything. it must be obvious to just about everyone that we have someone leaking this crap to the media and there are problems at the saints that can be fixed.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I like this bit…

The AFL has continually denied that it is on the verge of intervening at St Kilda

Could it be that they are not on the verge of intervening Caro?

Reminds me of "Saints block Stanley trade"
Absolutely! Oldest journo trick in the book. I can keep putting a question like Caro probably has to Someone like Andrew D. knowing full well that that the response will be either a denial or a "no comment" because that's what professional CEOs do and then Caro has created her own little innuendo packaged up as a deliberate and sneaky attempt to mislead the readers. Hilarious...but they just keep rolling this type of stuff out.