All those slagging off at us can get stuffed.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ctqs
Club Player

All those slagging off at us can get stuffed.

What a fantastic effort by all those involved at the club during this trade period. Yes there were some issues that needed to be adderssed, but those who were expecting us to fall apart were off the mark and we've only gone onwards and upwards. So much for the mass walkout people were predicting. On the contrary, it's been a net gain. I'm sorry to see loyal club servants like Dal and Macca go, but every garden needs a combination of pruning, rain, and even manure for it to flower again stronger than ever. And that's what we've just done. It hasn't taken long to get a sense of optimism back around the place. Here's hoping we can continue buidling on this momentum.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Re: All those slagging off at us can get stuffed.

+1

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
asaint
Club Player

Yeah.Get stuffed. Go saints..building for 2016 and beyond!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Caught a bit of SEN daniel hartford. Not sure who he was talking to, but they were actually commending STKFC on their aggressive and well thought out drafting.

I had to check the station

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Caught a bit of SEN daniel hartford. Not sure who he was talking to, but they were actually commending STKFC on their aggressive and well thought out drafting.

Wondering why you were even listening.

busso mick
Club Player

ctqs wrote:What a fantastic effort by all those involved at the club during this trade period. Yes there were some issues that needed to be adderssed, but those who were expecting us to fall apart were off the mark and we've only gone onwards and upwards. So much for the mass walkout people were predicting. On the contrary, it's been a net gain. I'm sorry to see loyal club servants like Dal and Macca go, but every garden needs a combination of pruning, rain, and even manure for it to flower again stronger than ever. And that's what we've just done. It hasn't taken long to get a sense of optimism back around the place. Here's hoping we can continue buidling on this momentum.
Well said ctqs! Special thanks to Caro for the copious amounts of manure she has been flinging our way. The only way is up from here.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:Caught a bit of SEN daniel hartford. Not sure who he was talking to, but they were actually commending STKFC on their aggressive and well thought out drafting.

Wondering why you were even listening.
Find us a radio station in Australia that talks AFL and we'll listen!!
Usually after 6pm I've been listening to 3AW these days...they don't just talk sport in the mornings and evenings though... do they?

Anyhow, Harf is far easier to listen to than some of the self opinionated wobble-heads and spinners on SEN

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Great effort by Pelchen and Co.

I would still have preferred a young mid rather than Longer (as my preference is you grab a good ruckman once you are in the Premiership Window, as opposed to highly rated kids who have 5 years to go and may never make it - plus a lot of good ruckman come from lowly or rookie backgrounds anyway). however there are big raps on Longer.

However leaving that aside we have gained 2 more picks inside the top 20 where there is still some real quality young picks, plus with Savage, Longer, Bruce and Delaney have made our list a lot better balanced overall.

One has to commend Pelchen on his ability to do very good deals, and to clear have a solid long term recruiting strategy, rather than the overly simplistic "best available" that some favour. Instead we have a good mix of targeting and recruiting for needs, and can then go best available with 3 well positioned picks.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
andrewg
Club Player

A big f*** you to Finey!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not bad for a rabble full of morons. we are worse than Brisbane and still managed to fool these folks our way. Big mart should call them and let them know their mistake now the ink has dried. Let's hope we can find a photo of them all. Who is going to start a thread asking who the worst recruit has been?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I can't remember a better trade period by the Saints. Go Sainters!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Pre-season is going to be very tough on our mids. they are all going to have to do remedial work on roving to our own ruckman instead of the opposition ruckman. Been a while since they did that.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Pre-season is going to be very tough on our mids. they are all going to have to do remedial work on roving to our own ruckman instead of the opposition ruckman. Been a while since they did that.

Wont make a difference because the problem is our mids. Winn8ing taps doesnt equate to anything good in footy.

andrewg
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:Pre-season is going to be very tough on our mids. they are all going to have to do remedial work on roving to our own ruckman instead of the opposition ruckman. Been a while since they did that.

Wont make a difference because the problem is our mids. Winn8ing taps doesnt equate to anything good in footy.
Surely you have an ability se see 'big picture' plugs??
But to be honest our backs were the problem, not mids in 2013

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Can make average mids look far better, have a look at priddis....
I could keep going but I won't

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can make average mids look far better, have a look at priddis....
I could keep going but I won't

5 of the 6 sides who had the most tap outs this year didnt make the finals. i could go on but I will leave you with fact. Yours in just opinion. Priddis is a very good in and under player IMO.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

True - but are we going for 3 top 20 mids in the draft.

I'm working on the theory 2/3 will be good.

So lets say we have a core midfield of

Armo-Ross (big body first hand on ball types)
Billings- Steven (The Jack Attack - creative mids)
Wright-Saunders - (outside pace)

Then chuck in Curren, Newnes and some other kid from this years draft and we aint looking too bad in a few years.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Plugger our young mids will be a year older, have another pre-season under their belts and will still have Hayes, Steven, Armo and Monty to show them the way. We also have Savage. We will hopefully recruit 3 young mids along with the young ones we already have on the list. We also have Jones, Ray, Schneider etc to chuck in there on occasion. We will have another tough year but the future is looking pretty good from 2015 onwards.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Plugger our young mids will be a year older, have another pre-season under their belts and will still have Hayes, Steven, Armo and Monty to show them the way. We also have Savage. We will hopefully recruit 3 young mids along with the young ones we already have on the list. We also have Jones, Ray, Schneider etc to chuck in there on occasion. We will have another tough year but the future is looking pretty good from 2015 onwards.

5 of those players you mentioned wont be there after 2015. We need to get quality mids. This years drafting is more important than the trading IMO. The trading has been great if a couple can play. At the moment we are all happy but i know some wont make it. none of them really solve what I think is our biggest problem and thats the midfield. Savage may be a chance.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The pressure for senior spots will now be a bit tougher, and it can only be good for the team

lloyd21
Club Player

**** Everyone being a financial member and going to Melbourne games *** will help too...... get on board now and tell everyone you know to do the same. :D

#gosaintas
Club Player

Yep Plugs. The youngins have a year to learn from Lenny and Monty (maybe 2 years). We have to hope that we draft well. At least we have a chance of fixing the lack of young A graders in this and the 2014 draft. Hopefully some of the young mids on our list can step up. We need 3 A graders in the midfield minimum. We currently have one, not counting lenny and monty. We are a chance.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:What a fantastic effort by all those involved at the club during this trade period. Yes there were some issues that needed to be adderssed, but those who were expecting us to fall apart were off the mark and we've only gone onwards and upwards. So much for the mass walkout people were predicting. On the contrary, it's been a net gain. I'm sorry to see loyal club servants like Dal and Macca go, but every garden needs a combination of pruning, rain, and even manure for it to flower again stronger than ever. And that's what we've just done. It hasn't taken long to get a sense of optimism back around the place. Here's hoping we can continue buidling on this momentum.
care to name the manure :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
wolfpup
Club Player

all hail the PELICAN!

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
suss
Club Player

sainterinsydney wrote:I can't remember a better trade period by the Saints. Go Sainters!
Yep - me too. The only one that springs to mind involved Hamill and the G-train.