How about this for an idea?

Let the dust settle from this weekends events. Trust the club to make an appointment. Renew our memberships. And give the new coach every opportunity to succeed, by GIVING THE DUDE A CHANCE! (whoever it is!) Call me naïve but I don't seem to be able to see much alternative to this, if we want the club to move forward.

Re: How about this for an idea?

thejiggingsaint wrote:Let the dust settle from this weekends events. Trust the club to make an appointment. Renew our memberships. And give the new coach every opportunity to succeed, by GIVING THE DUDE A CHANCE! (whoever it is!) Call me naïve but I don't seem to be able to see much alternative to this, if we want the club to move forward.
I have reported you to the mods for talking sense :wink: !!

have an emoticon ! :shock: cos its all I'll be shouting you after THAT you dobber!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

andrewg

I think people are just sick of the following the saints. Seriously when was the last time we could just talk about the footy instead of of field rubbish?? Maybe 2008? That's 5yrs (including some of our most successful years) that we having putting up with this off field s***

That makes sense and while it is unpopular it's the truth.

ShanghaiSaint

thejiggingsaint wrote:Let the dust settle from this weekends events. Trust the club to make an appointment. Renew our memberships. And give the new coach every opportunity to succeed, by GIVING THE DUDE A CHANCE! (whoever it is!) Call me naïve but I don't seem to be able to see much alternative to this, if we want the club to move forward.
I'm driving down to seaford next week to renew... normally do it at Moorabbin would like to see the new center.

hey Jigging, yourself P66 and I are neighbors, scary huh! (i'm in Hughesdale, about to be Murrembeena)

Or... people could carry on like Henny Penny's, while we argue (with little evidence) over the narrative behind it all, filling in the blanks with rumour, falsehood, and fiction... until eventually settling on two diametrically opposed versions and camps, and continuing on ad infinitum from there.

markp wrote:Or... people could carry on like Henny Penny's, while we argue (with little evidence) over the narrative behind it all, filling in the blanks with rumour, falsehood, and fiction... until eventually settling on two diametrically opposed versions and camps, and continuing on ad infinitum from there.

Do people really do that.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? some could? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slider

andrewg wrote:I think people are just sick of the following the saints. Seriously when was the last time we could just talk about the footy instead of of field rubbish?? Maybe 2008? That's 5yrs (including some of our most successful years) that we having putting up with this off field s***

WOW!! i have been following the saints since they were at the Junction Oval and have never got sick of following them and there has been worse than the recent antics.

For anyone thats had enough there are 2 options

1: Find another club

2: Drink some quick set and harden the F#%^ up

After all its just a football team isnt it?

markp wrote:Or... people could carry on like Henny Penny's, while we argue (with little evidence) over the narrative behind it all, filling in the blanks with rumour, falsehood, and fiction... until eventually settling on two diametrically opposed versions and camps, and continuing on ad infinitum from there.

Do people really do that.
No, but if we give it a go it might catch on.

Have an emoticon! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what is the great disaster that is causing all this angst?
I think it is generally agreed that we were not going to challenge in the next couple of years.
At the time of Watters' appointment I speculated on here that he may have been our Matty Knights, and got attacked for it.
Assuming most of the reported faults reported are even half true I'd say sacking was justified.
Why Dal or Goddard left is irrelevant if both leaving helped the salary cap and list age profile scenarios,
Don't know if I'm too optimistic but the only downside I see from post season events is paying out the last year of Watters' contract. Having said that I think having a lame duck coach hanging around for 12 more months may have cost more than his payout!

andrewg wrote:I think people are just sick of the following the saints. Seriously when was the last time we could just talk about the footy instead of of field rubbish?? Maybe 2008? That's 5yrs (including some of our most successful years) that we having putting up with this off field s***

What's with all the sooking Andrew,

Just stop following & posting if its just too hard.... As slider said, it's only football mate, men kicking a piece of leather between sticks...

whiskers3614 wrote:So what is the great disaster that is causing all this angst?
I think it is generally agreed that we were not going to challenge in the next couple of years.
At the time of Watters' appointment I speculated on here that he may have been our Matty Knights, and got attacked for it.
Assuming most of the reported faults reported are even half true I'd say sacking was justified.
Why Dal or Goddard left is irrelevant if both leaving helped the salary cap and list age profile scenarios,
Don't know if I'm too optimistic but the only downside I see from post season events is paying out the last year of Watters' contract. Having said that I think having a lame duck coach hanging around for 12 more months may have cost more than his payout!
Spot on, we need a new coach, big deal.

What's with all the sooking Andrew,

Just stop following & posting if its just too hard.... As slider said, it's only football mate, men kicking a piece of leather between sticks...
It's my main religion. It's bigger than just a game. Unfortunately that's not the case for too many saints fans. Lack of flags does that

Maybe give Choco a 2 year not 3 year contract :idea:

then have an emoticon SP! :cry:

Just need leadership and direction from the top, not the middle or tail.

I am actually surprised with the media to be honest. I expected a hell of a lot worse than what we have received so far. The only really scathing attack was from Brereton and I was chuckling to myself when I listened to it. Nothing more or less than you would expect from a loyal friend. My favourite part was that Melbourne was miles ahead of us, that comment had me in hysterical laughter.........LOL

I am not upset at all to be honest. I have been a 'nervous' supporter of Watters. I will always back the coach as long as he is at the helm. I may question some of his decisions, but ultimately they have my support.

I cannot say I am happy or sad to see him go. He is, however, relegated to history and it is time to move forward. If anything, after so far, an excellent trade period and now with a new coach, new president, etc, I am feeling quite positive. Not sure why, but I am.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I had had a gut full of football in general up until the trade period (not just because of the Saints, but also the ongoing Essendon saga and other AFL issues this year) and was contemplating not renewing my membership as I just could not see myself going to all our home games next year. The trade period got my interest up again and now with a new coach, I changed my mind and renewed late last week. GO SAINTS!!!!!

SAINT 75! you are SPOT on-ski my pal!! (have an emoticon son! 8-) :lol: )

thejiggingsaint wrote:SAINT 75! you are SPOT on-ski my pal!! (have an emoticon son! 8-) :lol: )

or daughter or sister

better give meself an emoticon then Bratty! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yep, it's only footy and definitely there to be enjoyed. Despite where we finished on the ladder, I believe that the players gave their all last year and in most matches, we were in there until the last quarter. That's why I go to the football - win or lose, it's only a game!

However, it's a pity that the Management at the Club has been so deplorable, particularly the extremely highly paid CEO, who has got off very lightly for the mis-management - including his.

saw this today
and thanks to whover posted it on twitter.just borrowed.

whiskers3614 wrote:Assuming most of the reported faults reported are even half true I'd say sacking was justified.
My source at the club should be as good as one can get, and he has assured me that nearly all those 'reported faults' are simply not an issue.

I'm now just waiting on him to get back to me with the actual reasons.