Message to members 4/11

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

didzee
Club Player

Message to members 4/11

I have heard the message from members that it is time our Club presented a stronger and more united front, and that you want us to once again be a competitive force in the AFL.

The Board is equally determined that the Club starts a new era of success on the field and stability and leadership off the field.

That is why our decision last week, while difficult, is the right decision, taken after consideration of a substantial number of interviews and a football review conducted by the Board.

By the end of this month, the Board is determined to have in place appointments for a new Coach and importantly a new CEO.

The Board has also commissioned a full internal review of all elements of our Club - a review that is a critical part of building strength at all levels of the Club to ensure our team reaches its full potential.

The selection committee to appoint a new senior coach was finalised today. It will be chaired by the Club's head of football Chris Pelchen and include recently retired player Jason Blake, board member and Olympic gold medallist, Danni Roche, football director and former player Andrew Thompson, Geelong premiership captain Tom Harley and consulting psychologist, Matti Clements.

We have already been approached by a number of candidates and we will commence interviews shortly.

The Club will ensure the process is as long as it needs to be to decide on the right person for the job but it is hoped the new coach will be appointed by the time all players commence pre-season training on November 18. Our first to four year players return this Wednesday and they will be guided by our newly appointed head of high performance and former Olympic sprinter, Adam Basil.

On another matter, I want to take this opportunity to address comments made last Friday by Dermott Brereton. The Club considers the commentary by Mr Brereton to be intemperate and ill-considered. His statements about Chris Pelchen were unfair and had no basis in truth. On behalf of the Club, I intend to follow up this matter and express our displeasure at his commentary.

Finally, I want to acknowledge that our Club has been going through a difficult time.

I sought support to be President of this great Football Club because I want us to be better at everything we do, and to repay our members' great passion with professionalism in all of our decision-making. I strongly believe that the Board I lead will put in place the foundations for our next period of success and I ask for your ongoing support while we make the decisions we need to make.

Yours,

Peter Summers
President of St Kilda Football Club

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Message to members 4/11

Cut the BS.

Pelchen will chair and make the call. So it's Choco.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
howlinwolf
Club Player

I love the part where he says he will take on Dermie about his comments !
It's about time we started hitting back.
We've sat back and taken it for too long in the hope it won't get worse.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Good positive response from the club, keeping members informed.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

All good. Just hope the Committee comes up with the right choice for the times ahead.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Yep looks like Mr Williams. After Watters, even if someone interviews the house down it will be taken with huge grains of salt. Despite the turmoil, I actually like that the club is setting a strong direction where it wants to be and going for it strongly and aggressively. If we can just avoid running headlong into boulders along the way that would be super.

doggerel
Club Player

soft

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I can't believe Dermie's comments were referred to. Why even give that rubbish any more oxygen?

Dermie is Dermie, let him have his little rant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:I can't believe Dermie's comments were referred to. Why even give that rubbish any more oxygen?

confirms who is pulling the stings...pelchan....has a conflict of interest imho being on the panel to select the new coach..chairman of the panel no less.....his best mate is a shoe in.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:I can't believe Dermie's comments were referred to. Why even give that rubbish any more oxygen?

confirms who is pulling the stings...pelchan....has a conflict of interest imho being on the panel to select the new coach..chairman of the panel no less.....his best mate is a shoe in.... :roll:
Great, we may get something right!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yes I'm perplexed as to why you would tackle that issue in view of the public eye, if at all. Time will tell how that approach works.

felix
Club Player

Dermie engagaged the mouth before the brain he will eventually regret potting a guy like Pelchen over the national media. he needs a kick up the ass lets do it.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Would rather be on the front foot for a change. Good on him!
Brereton may just be a ranting commentator but a lot of people listen to him, and he slagged us off proper.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Dermie engagaged the mouth before the brain he will eventually regret potting a guy like Pelchen over the national media. he needs a kick up the ass lets do it.
NATIONAL MEDIA?

He said it on SEN. Have you seen their ratings? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
felix wrote:Dermie engagaged the mouth before the brain he will eventually regret potting a guy like Pelchen over the national media. he needs a kick up the ass lets do it.
NATIONAL MEDIA?

He said it on SEN. Have you seen their ratings? !!
Was front page reported in at least The Age and ABC websites. Would be surprised if it wasn't in The Hun given Brereton works for Murdoch.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Don't get into arguments with imbeciles.

They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I like the statement. We as members deserve to be kept in the loop and with all the turmoil surrounding the club right now if we don't take a stand we'll be a laughing stock forever.

In regards to Dermie, the club needs to take that imbecile to task in a big way. Would any other club let a marginal media big mouth like Dermie get away with rubbishing any of their staff in the media like that? Then why should we? I say go for the jugular and make an example of the douchebag. Maybe then some of the muck raking bottom feeders in the media will start to back off.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

First time I think you have you have something here Stinger... suspect Pelchen has demanded a club response and we have

Would have preferred nothing to Dermutt - now his opinion will be sought after as they look for a fight

Tom Harley - I personally reckon outside Maxwell this guys o e if the luckiest players to have played in great sides and I don't get his supposed super "leader" skills but that's a small matter if the decision has been made

I would've left Pelchen out if this decision - bit a great look given his relationship with Williams (and I
Hope it is Williams because a Voss, Ratten or Knights would be disastrous

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
stinger wrote:

First time I think you have you have something here Stinger... suspect Pelchen has demanded a club response and we have

Would have preferred nothing to Dermutt - now his opinion will be sought after as they look for a fight

Tom Harley - I personally reckon outside Maxwell this guys o e if the luckiest players to have played in great sides and I don't get his supposed super "leader" skills but that's a small matter if the decision has been made

I would've left Pelchen out if this decision - bit a great look given his relationship with Williams (and I
Hope it is Williams because a Voss, Ratten or Knights would be disastrous

first time???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:I like the statement. We as members deserve to be kept in the loop and with all the turmoil surrounding the club right now if we don't take a stand we'll be a laughing stock forever.

In regards to Dermie, the club needs to take that imbecile to task in a big way. Would any other club let a marginal media big mouth like Dermie get away with rubbishing any of their staff in the media like that? Then why should we? I say go for the jugular and make an example of the douchebag. Maybe then some of the muck raking bottom feeders in the media will start to back off.

BANG BANG

fair comment....dermott's words are actionable imho......damaging to pelchens reputation and the st kilda football club as a whole.....

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:confirms who is pulling the stings...pelchan....has a conflict of interest imho being on the panel to select the new coach..
Everyone qualified in the footy industry has played or worked or had a drink with everyone else. How are you going to find someone who doesn't have a conflict?

Megsie
Club Player

go saints........shut dermies mouth. what a big mouthed sook.
Hope he is forced to apologise or be sued for slander.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:confirms who is pulling the stings...pelchan....has a conflict of interest imho being on the panel to select the new coach..
Everyone qualified in the footy industry has played or worked or had a drink with everyone else. How are you going to find someone who doesn't have a conflict?
we are not talking about casual acquaintances here...we are talking about best buddies.....

markp
Saintsational Legend

Good work.

Screw Brereton, if he or anyone else crosses a line they should be dealt with forcefully rather than just left to get away with it.

And as Pelchen has had troubles with the last two blokes, and his position seems to have been given priority, then of course he should play a major role.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bergholt wrote:
we are not talking about casual acquaintances here...we are talking about best buddies.....
you mean like Scott Watters and Laidley were best buddies or Simon Mcphee and Scott were best buddies ... ect ect honestly its funny how the best buddies line gets thrown around like its some kind of fact ... Pelch at one stage worked with Choco that doesnt make them best buddies , Pelch has worked with many footy people does that mean they are all his best buddies ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/