Perth-based Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Perth-based Saints

Western Saints is the official supporter group here in WA.
They apparently have free flow of communication with the club ( I ain't on the committee, so I'm guessing)
They really do a great job for no thanks from most of the Saints "supporters" in WA.
I hope this year, the 400 or so people who have "liked" the Western Saints Facebook page,
will actually join some of the functions instead of just watching at home.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
It's a fair hike for me in a clapped-out little car
(I've had the local council stick an "abandoned vehicle" sticker
on the windscreen 3 times last year)
so if I can do the trip...hey loris and Rogerwa, take note :twisted: :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Perth-based Saints

WellardSaint wrote:Western Saints is the official supporter group here in WA.
They apparently have free flow of communication with the club ( I ain't on the committee, so I'm guessing)
They really do a great job for no thanks from most of the Saints "supporters" in WA.
I hope this year, the 400 or so people who have "liked" the Western Saints Facebook page,
will actually join some of the functions instead of just watching at home.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
It's a fair hike for me in a clapped-out little car
(I've had the local council stick an "abandoned vehicle" sticker
on the windscreen 3 times last year)
so if I can do the trip...hey loris and Rogerwa, take note :twisted: :shock:
WellardSaint, you are correct in saying that the Western Saints group do a fantastic job BUT
I think you are way out of line in attacking people for not attending functions. I know both Roger & Loris personally and I can tell you that both are LOYAL SAINTS FANS who have spent a lifetime following our club. I don't know what their circumstances are (and it's none of my business) but I do know that naming &trying to shame people almost never works. If you are that concerned that Roger & Loris have not been to functions lately why don't you give them a call to see if they are both OK !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

In the early part of this century, a fair few gathered at the Hyde Park Hotel.
When that place was an absolute smelly dive.

HQ then moved to the Karalee Tavern, with the group in a function room away from the great unwashed.
Still a sizeable crew.
Loris told us off once or twice after we yelled at the screen for CJ to handball as "you can't bloody kick" ; she knows CJ's parents (nobody else did) and they had come to watch :shock: :oops: and were in the group.

It moved twice more. Numbers dropped quicker than Gillard's supporters.
Embarrassingly, for the Injectors game last year, there was more rednblack than our colour, many more, and it was our official advertised function!
Apologies to Loris & the smoker, sorry if I make u mad, not meant to.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

steve,name a game & a pub mate & i'll see you there
your side of the river is fine with me
i'll get in touch with maurice & we'll catch up with you

think i've got your ph number somewhere [it'll be about 5 yrs old] if i find it i'll give you a call

defacto
Club Player

with 2 young kids, now three. most times its easier and more affordable to watch from home

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

there is no easy answer to this ... as a committee the Western Saints are well aware of the sharp drop off people coming to the game telecast functions and its been an item of discussion at each AGM and pretty much every committee meeting ...

as i have mentioned to you before Wellardsaint , we cant force people to come to functions and we certainly dont want to guilt or bully people into attending functions thats not what the Western Saints are about ...
there are factors to why numbers are lower now days ,
the fact all games are now Live on foxtel cuts alot of people who would come down to watch the game from the old NT feed..
the fact generally people are busier now days with people having more comitments on weekends...

back in the old days we had a strong following of people coming to the telecast functions sadly most of the regulars of those days for some reason dont come anymore ... im not sure why maybe its the venue maybe its the location maybe its just they dont have time anymore ... but i would love to see the old regulars back again ... it was always a good laugh when Roo was lining up for goal hearing RogerWa plead for him to pass it off :) or the cheer from the Farren Ray supporter group when Faz got on the end of a high flying mark ...

as a committee we are very open to suggestions on what we can do to make the functions better and hopefully get people wanting to come to them ... we hold raffles, give away freebies, have special guests (Nicky Winmar obviously being the highlight ) , we even have had POPs (Parents of Players) turn up to a few games heck we even shouted a round of drinks ...

the first telecast function is going to be our round one game against the Dee's and im going to advertise this function pretty hard on Social Media , Local Perth Media (or friends at 6PR hopefully to give us a plug) , hopefully the club will advertise it for us as well and obviously SS and word of mouth ... with the Saints in Perth in round 3 the first telecast function will be the perfect place to give away the two game tickets we get given to us by the inglewood for our members as well ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:steve,name a game & a pub mate & i'll see you there
your side of the river is fine with me
i'll get in touch with maurice & we'll catch up with you

think i've got your ph number somewhere [it'll be about 5 yrs old] if i find it i'll give you a call
Roger we would love to see you at round one mate !!! Maurice as well

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

sorry trav ive decided to crawl up under a rock & never to seen or heard from again..apart from the odd game with the likes of steve & maurice at some obscure pub

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:sorry trav ive decided to crawl up under a rock & never to seen or heard from again..apart from the odd game with the likes of steve & maurice at some obscure pub
Roger, any chance you could make it over for the Bulldogs game on 10 August? That's the day of the FAN MARCH where about 2,000 saints fans (hopefully more) do a lap around Etihad Stadium behind a pipe band singing OH WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN many times !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bungiton
SS Life Member

I'm probably going to be in Melbourne around that time, will bring my own bagpipes

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why dont you all go off and support the Eagles or Dockers :D :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't this thread be called "Perth based banksters".

:mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
karnaby
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Why dont you all go off and support the Eagles or Dockers :D :wink:
:mrgreen:
Not a prospect that needs consideration thank you.

It's actually nice to have a significant point of differentiation from the locals - stuff em all!

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why dont you all go off and support the Eagles or Dockers :D :wink:
same reason why you dont go support Collingwood or Essendon .......

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Trav let us know any details in regards to the match day function for rd 3. Always have a blast

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

will do Dools ... at this stage it looks like a similar set up to last year but with the game so early this year its sure going to be a hectic start so things might be changed ... still gotta confirm a lot of things with the club