Anzac Day: I shouldn't whinge after a good win ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Darth Vader
Club Player

Anzac Day: I shouldn't whinge after a good win ...

But I will anyway:

Anzac Day:

Ess v Coll - both played today so get an equal break before the next game.
Freo v North - both played today so get an equal break before the next game.
Saints v Bris - we played today, Brisbane played Thursday so get 2 extra days rest/preparation.

How does that work?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anzac Day: I shouldn't whinge after a good win ...

Darth Vader wrote:But I will anyway:

Anzac Day:

Saints v Bris - we played today, Brisbane played Thursday so get 2 extra days rest/preparation.

How does that work?
Change of subject but can I whinge about North?
Ill never tip those hacks again. Same sh*t every year.
They win two in a row and the start telling everyone how good they are and how they deserve more respect and crap crap crap and then put in a stinking game like that. Then the coach says he will drop bad performers. Then Brayshaw will say 'that was unacceptable (whatever the hell that really means) And wash and repeat.
Bunch of jokers.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe we can have Samantha Lane asking the same leading questions she asked Thompson last night, over and over again.

The heat, the virus, seriously she asked harder questions when she was in 'Before the Game" but last night her interviewing technique was pathetic.

Rosco
Club Player

She wants to stay in his good books, he's going to be the best value press conference coach this year.

On Brisbane - we took their 20 year old 1st round ruck for a pittance, we should beat them, and we chose to be overseas (rather than in Melbourne) - call it even

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good question and crazy scheduling by the drongos at AFL house. Shafting us causes less unrest than a big club

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Good question and crazy scheduling by the drongos at AFL house. Shafting us causes less unrest than a big club

If it was 5 days i would understand. its happens often. You whinge more often. If it wasnt Anzac day i doubt anyone would notice.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Actually, I wasn't complaining about the venue - I agree that was our choice, and I definitely wasn't going with the "they're shafting us because we're not a big club" theory as I'm in the P66 camp on this - ie it's just bad luck rather than a conspiracy against poor old us and it tends to even out over the long run. I was just having a whinge that in the other 2 games the 4 teams are on an equal footing, but not in our game. Still expect to win.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

one less training session. no worries

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Two years in-a-row that we've had a shorter break than our opponents on ANZAC day.
And this will be back-to-back 6-day breaks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Two years in-a-row that we've had a shorter break than our opponents on ANZAC day.

They hate us.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:Two years in-a-row that we've had a shorter break than our opponents on ANZAC day.

They hate us.
Fair Dinkum<edited by mods> Can you not go without comment? You are like a child.
I never once said or implied that they (I can only assume you mean the AFL) hate us...I am simply pointing out a fact.
Last season we played Essendon in Round 4 in a Saturday twilight game at Etihad. Sydney played Geelong on Friday night in Sydney. Giving Sydney an extra days rest over us.

This season, Brisbane played on the Thursday night and we played on the Saturday night. Giving Brisbane an extra two days over us.

In addition, we played Adelaide in round 4 on a Sunday. We played Essendon in round 5 on a Saturday night (6-day break). We play Brisbane in Round 6 on Friday giving us two six day breaks.

They are the facts.

I will leave it to others to read into it what they will.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We're going over on Tuesday. Plenty of time to acclimatise and the coach seems quite happy about it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:But I will anyway:

Anzac Day:

How does that work?
It works because we get an extra 2 days rest over Hawthorn before we play them the following week.

With Hawthorn playing Geelong tomorrow and a desperate Richmond on Sunday next week .............is there another upset beckoning? :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They hate us.
Fair Dinkum Idiot! Can you not go without comment? You are like a child.
I never once said or implied that they (I can only assume you mean the AFL) hate us...I am simply pointing out a fact.
Last season we played Essendon in Round 4 in a Saturday twilight game at Etihad. Sydney played Geelong on Friday night in Sydney. Giving Sydney an extra days rest over us.

This season, Brisbane played on the Thursday night and we played on the Saturday night. Giving Brisbane an extra two days over us.

In addition, we played Adelaide in round 4 on a Sunday. We played Essendon in round 5 on a Saturday night (6-day break). We play Brisbane in Round 6 on Friday giving us two six day breaks.

They are the facts.

I will leave it to others to read into it what they will.

I never said you said it. I said they hate us. Arent I allowed that opinion?

My other opinion is if this was a normal home and away game and we played a side with an 8 day break and we had 6 it pronbably wouldnt be mentioned. For some reason an Anzac day match does get mentioned. Its not a 5 day break. There are probably 20 times 6 to 8 dya breaks happen this year. And I reckon your whole statement suggests they hate us. I think that based on previous posts from you but if you havent got the courage to tell us that then its your call. Look at your whole post. Whats the point of it if it isnt to suggest they have bias against us. I know who the child is amongst us and it isnt me suggesting bias for no reason at all even though I do think they hate us. I forgot I said that earlier.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I never said you said it. I said they hate us. Arent I allowed that opinion?

My other opinion is if this was a normal home and away game and we played a side with an 8 day break and we had 6 it pronbably wouldnt be mentioned. For some reason an Anzac day match does get mentioned. Its not a 5 day break. There are probably 20 times 6 to 8 dya breaks happen this year. And I reckon your whole statement suggests they hate us. I think that based on previous posts from you but if you havent got the courage to tell us that then its your call. Look at your whole post. Whats the point of it if it isnt to suggest they have bias against us. I know who the child is amongst us and it isnt me suggesting bias for no reason at all even though I do think they hate us. I forgot I said that earlier.
You clearly have no recollection of my past posts if you think I believe the AFL has a bias against us. I often question their competency but never their integrity - plenty of others do that but I don't feel the need to jump in and tell other people how they should think. Unlike you (our resident forum Nanna).
I have, many times, questioned the MRP and their ability to consistently apply their criteria. This week will be no exception if they grade Schneider with anything more than force being insufficient to constitute a striking charge.

There was an entire thread a few years ago questioning the number of 6 day breaks that the Saints had for that season including more than one set of triple sixes. That is 3 consecutive 6 day breaks. Fixturing has been a bone of contention with many posters for many years. And it's not just about ANZAC day.

The fact that it is ANZAC day is a show piece for the AFL both here and in NZ would imply that the AFL would fixture the breaks fairly...The somehow manage it with Essendon and Collingwood (read into that what you will).

So, my point, is that the AFL care more about the MCG clash on ANZAC day and appeasing Essendon and Collingwood than they do about St Kilda, Sydney and Brisbane. And further investigation shows that North Melbourne and Fremantle have the same break leading into their ANZAC day clash on Friday.

Is it bias? Probably not. Is it poor fixturing. No doubt.

But I don't expect you, with your blinkered view of the AFL to see anything wrong with it. Unless people question the wrongs nothing happens.
I will continue to question the wrongs.

karnaby
Club Player

LLS - long ago we had a well loved forum Nanna, you have really besmirched her name with this thoughtless comparison.

(Agree with everything else you have written)

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I never said you said it. I said they hate us. Arent I allowed that opinion?

You clearly have no recollection of my past posts if you think I believe the AFL has a bias against us. I often question their competency but never their integrity - plenty of others do that but I don't feel the need to jump in and tell other people how they should think. Unlike you (our resident forum Nanna).
I have, many times, questioned the MRP and their ability to consistently apply their criteria. This week will be no exception if they grade Schneider with anything more than force being insufficient to constitute a striking charge.

There was an entire thread a few years ago questioning the number of 6 day breaks that the Saints had for that season including more than one set of triple sixes. That is 3 consecutive 6 day breaks. Fixturing has been a bone of contention with many posters for many years. And it's not just about ANZAC day.

The fact that it is ANZAC day is a show piece for the AFL both here and in NZ would imply that the AFL would fixture the breaks fairly...The somehow manage it with Essendon and Collingwood (read into that what you will).

So, my point, is that the AFL care more about the MCG clash on ANZAC day and appeasing Essendon and Collingwood than they do about St Kilda, Sydney and Brisbane. And further investigation shows that North Melbourne and Fremantle have the same break leading into their ANZAC day clash on Friday.

Is it bias? Probably not. Is it poor fixturing. No doubt.

But I don't expect you, with your blinkered view of the AFL to see anything wrong with it. Unless people question the wrongs nothing happens.
I will continue to question the wrongs.

Has anything happened yet? And why would the AFL care what is said on here. My point is every single club has these threads. Every club thinks they are hard done by. Im sure the fixture is one of the hardest things in the AFL to be done as every club wants with all the TV rights and stadium deals. The strange thing is im not sure there is even any proof that 6 days break matters against other sides 7 or 8 day breaks. the year we won 19 in a row we had about 10 six day breaks. I suppose not whinging about the fixture and the MRP panel is sticking up for the AFL. Only true supporters whinge.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

you just don't get it plugger do you??

Always up for a fight eh?

In 2009 we won 19 straight because we had the talent on field, prob could've won plenty with 5 day breaks.

I bet had either Essendon or Collingwood got a longer break than the other team there would be uproar.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:you just don't get it plugger do you??

In 2009 we won 19 straight because we had the talent on field, prob could've won plenty with 5 day breaks.

I bet had either Essendon or Collingwood got a longer break than the other team there would be uproar.
So you whinging like you do about everything the AFL do isnt up for a fight? And I have no idea if the pies or Essendon would whinge but people on their footy forum would. Do you think that neither the pies or the Dons have never played a side with an 8 day break compared to their 6 before?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:you just don't get it plugger do you??

So you whinging like you do about everything the AFL do isnt up for a fight? And I have no idea if the pies or Essendon would whinge but people on their footy forum would. Do you think that neither the pies or the Dons have never played a side with an 8 day break compared to their 6 before?
Yes but not prior to Anzac Day. It's a special round that we should be entitled to special status like them, given it's overseas and we have created it.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Lions are locked in for an Easter Thursday home game every year. So if we played the Lions, it had to be an 8 day break.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:

They hate us.
Not all of us.

They love me.

They're very iffy about you though.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:LLS - long ago we had a well loved forum Nanna, you have really besmirched her name with this thoughtless comparison.

(Agree with everything else you have written)
DON'T talk about Nanna. I still can't bring myself to eat coleslaw :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!