Tommy Lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Tommy Lee

Like every single Saints player ever drafted I hope Lee will succeed.

However ATM he looks like a real waste of pick 12. some above said he had freakish skills. I have yet to see them, except for his exceptionally skilled set shots for goal. I dont think h works hard enough, but the guy had a very interrupted PS.

I really hope he proves me wrong and makes it. I hope the same for White but I wont hold my breath

You are garbage - Enough said
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Like every single Saints player ever drafted I hope Lee will succeed.

However ATM he looks like a real waste of pick 12. some above said he had freakish skills. I have yet to see them, except for his exceptionally skilled set shots for goal. I dont think h works hard enough, but the guy had a very interrupted PS.

I really hope he proves me wrong and makes it. I hope the same for White but I wont hold my breath
I've put Lee in the same category as Stanley. If he makes it, its a pure bonus. I'm basically seeing the forward line as a complete rebuild now with only Eli and Billings being likely fixtures. We should be able to pick up a couple of class power forwards with our high picks over the next few years.

spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
dragit wrote:I'm tipping all the people canning him on here have had both of their shoulders reconstructed and made it back to AFL level for round 1?
So now have a 23 y.o with 2 shoulder reconstructions on our list who by the coaches admission isn't doing some of the basics required at an afl level. Forgive me for not feeling very positive about Mr Lee thriving in the brutal battleground that is afl.
So we have team getting flogged in recent games, and AR reckons Lee is still needing to improve to get senior selection...hello. Lee should be picked at FF this week, and if not, then AR needs to be sacked and Watters returned as coach..a better coach I reckon anyway...that's why he got picked in the first place.

Spert have you seen Lee play much this season? No idea who is a better coach as this stage myself but the trouble SW was causing at the club meant he wasnt able to be kept. I think you will be calling for AR sacking because i cant see Lee playing this week. Who does he replace and why does he deserve a game if the coach still says he needs to improve? Hinkley must be behind many coaches based on your thinking.
I saw Lee once at Sandy this year and he was OK but not brilliant- then again he never was an elite player. I've been at our recent senior games and I see no reason for him not to be played- the forward line is woeful and we need to try anything. The whole forward structure is crap and at the moment I see nothing to say AR is any better than Watters who stood on the toes of a few sacred cows at the club. We should have saved ourselves $500K and got rid of the under performers. Ok that's my rant for the night and I'm hoping for a big effort against the Pies

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
dragit wrote:I'm tipping all the people canning him on here have had both of their shoulders reconstructed and made it back to AFL level for round 1?
So now have a 23 y.o with 2 shoulder reconstructions on our list who by the coaches admission isn't doing some of the basics required at an afl level. Forgive me for not feeling very positive about Mr Lee thriving in the brutal battleground that is afl.
So we have team getting flogged in recent games, and AR reckons Lee is still needing to improve to get senior selection...hello. Lee should be picked at FF this week, and if not, then AR needs to be sacked and Watters returned as coach..a better coach I reckon anyway...that's why he got picked in the first place.

Spert have you seen Lee play much this season? No idea who is a better coach as this stage myself but the trouble SW was causing at the club meant he wasnt able to be kept. I think you will be calling for AR sacking because i cant see Lee playing this week. Who does he replace and why does he deserve a game if the coach still says he needs to improve? Hinkley must be behind many coaches based on your thinking.
I saw Lee once at Sandy this year and he was OK but not brilliant- then again he never was an elite player. I've been at our recent senior games and I see no reason for him not to be played- the forward line is woeful and we need to try anything. The whole forward structure is crap and at the moment I see nothing to say AR is any better than Watters who stood on the toes of a few sacred cows at the club. We should have saved ourselves $500K and got rid of the under performers. Ok that's my rant for the night and I'm hoping for a big effort against the Pies

He hired coaches without telling people. He had just about all players off side, young or old. And who are the under performers that save 500K? By the way who does Lee come in for in your opinion?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Heard that club wanted to extend his contact last year and Tom wanted to wait and see.

Tom now keen to renew/extend and club now wants to wait and see.

May have gotten ahead of himself.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well we could have let Watters finish the year. Come last.
Got pick 1. Saved 500k and still hired Richo anyway at the end of this year in orderly manner.

Of course this is easily said from the outside.

Back to Tom Lee. Let's hope he plays out the season now in the ones. Like most on our list he needs games.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:The Age have cottoned on also http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... zrovv.html
stinger will be livid - they describe the trade as pick 12 for Lee + pick 24 + pick 25.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Heard that club wanted to extend his contact last year and Tom wanted to wait and see.

Tom now keen to renew/extend and club now wants to wait and see.

May have gotten ahead of himself.
Ah greed!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:The Age have cottoned on also http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... zrovv.html
stinger will be livid - they describe the trade as pick 12 for Lee + pick 24 + pick 25.

:wink: :wink: :wink: ...geez ...you think i can remember back that far.....????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

For the Lee knockers take note:

Richardson said that Lee had both shoulders reconstructed at the end of last season and after a delayed pre-season he was still getting back to the fitness needed for the senior team.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... z33pAhGfVu

Not really a surprise then that he has had a quiet season to date....................

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Has been well reported on here that he had two shoulder reconstructions in off season SR. This is a known known (in Rumsfeld language).

90% of people on here have already cut him slack because of that. It also explains why his body looks weaker than most 23yo AFL players.

90% also believe IF he does the hard yards on his body hes good enough. But the question I have is what if the shoulders never really fully improve?
What if he can't really do full weight bearing on them? Then he has no hope of making the AFL as a key fwd.

But yes - if shoulders are 100% healed and he can really hit the gym hard in the next 9 months - hes a real shot of making it. But time is ticking on that.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Wish he would get a hair cut, he looks ridiculous.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Like Tommy. He will go okay given a run at it. I hope he comes in hungry. At training he's a very loud show pony directing traffic and joking and and I can imagine he would s*** someone like Richo who seems pretty no nonsense. Could be a personality clash. i hope he makes himself indispensable.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Like Tommy. He will go okay given a run at it. I hope he comes in hungry. At training he's a very loud show pony directing traffic and joking and and I can imagine he would s*** someone like Richo who seems pretty no nonsense. Could be a personality clash. i hope he makes himself indispensable.

I have no idea about a personality clash but I reckon he hasnt been given a game till now because his form was ordinary at best.

70s sainter
Club Player

Most people with bung shoulders end up with better shoulders than they ever had after a reco but it usually takes about a year to get full strength back.
Hopefully there is no looking back from here.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Wish he would get a hair cut, he looks ridiculous.
+1...maybe were are getting old but a lot of today's haircuts make the person look ridiculous, with tommy's especially so......

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Most people with bung shoulders end up with better shoulders than they ever had after a reco but it usually takes about a year to get full strength back.
Hope so. If thats true then I reckon we have a lot to look fwd to.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
70s sainter wrote:Most people with bung shoulders end up with better shoulders than they ever had after a reco but it usually takes about a year to get full strength back.

Based on what? That he will have better shoulders? The game is footy not shoulders.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: maybe were are getting old but a lot of today's haircuts make the person look ridiculous, with tommy's especially so......
But Lee's is not a today's haircut. It's just a bloody bad haircut!

If anything it belongs in the 80s Image

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Based on what? That he will have better shoulders? The game is footy not shoulders.
Its not C grade ammos.
If you truly believe you can play footy at afl level without fully functional shoulders and complete the training required including gym and strength work you truly have no idea. I dont care how many players you have had board over.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 07 Jun 2014 12:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

70s sainter
Club Player

Well the next few weeks will tell I guess. Hopefully his hands and feet get involved.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stinger wrote: maybe were are getting old but a lot of today's haircuts make the person look ridiculous, with tommy's especially so......

Maybe that's the era he's suited to playing wise

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

People are very quick to write off players. He's in his second year despite his age and has played a handful of games. It's bizarre how fans scramble over each other to shoot down a career based on such limited viewing and knowledge. Milera and Saad copped it last year as they were perceived as having gone backwards.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:People are very quick to write off players. He's in his second year despite his age and has played a handful of games. It's bizarre how fans scramble over each other to shoot down a career based on such limited viewing and knowledge. Milera and Saad copped it last year as they were perceived as having gone backwards.

But they did go backwards and both could have easily been off the list. Lee has a lot to do to prove he is anything near a top 12 pick. Hope he does prove me wrong but apart from being a good kick he doesnt seem to have much at all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

i wouldn't disagree...but i brought a paisley tie last week....70's look...but now todays.....very mod in fact......this one is skinny though...where 70s paisley ties were fat......