2014 List Management - Draft & Trade Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

2014 List Management - Draft & Trade Discussion

Current Best 22:

B: Dempster – Delaney - Geary
HB: Gilbert – Fisher - Gwilt
C: Montagna – Armitage - Newnes
HF: Schnieder – Riewoldt - Billings
F: Saunders – Stanley - Jones
R: Hickey – Hayes - Steven
I: Dunstan – Ray – Curren – Webster

Defense Depth:
Roberton, Wright, Simpkin & Bruce

Midfield Depth:
Longer, Ross, Savage & Markworth

Forward Depth:
Maister, Dunell, Siposs, Lee, Milera, Murdoch & Dennis-Lane

Development:
Acres, Pierce & White

Rookies:
Templeton, Weller, Shenton, Minchington & Holmes

List Change Considerations:

Retire:
Hayes, Fisher & Schnieder

Delist Primary List:
Maister, Dunell, Siposs, Milera & Denis-Lane

Delist Rookie List:
Shenton & Minchington

Trade:
Gilbert & Gwilt

Rookie Upgrade:
Weller & Templeton

List Analysis:

Midfield Line:
Depth, quality and pace the major issues. Over the next few drafts we need to target the type of midfielders that address those problem areas. Last year we recruited five potential midfielders. Dunstan and Weller, natural midfielders, Acres has shown he is adaptable however played his best footy in defense and Billings and Templeton in the forward line. Some quality added, potentially depth has somewhat been addressed if a few transition into that area however all one-paced. I would look specifically for speed to be added in this years draft. The likely retirement of Hayes has been addressed with an emphasis on inside midfielders recruited over the last few years.

Defense Line:
Probably our strongest area, which is ironic seeing as we struggled over the last few seasons to keep the ball out of our defensive 50 and leaking plenty of goals. Depth is good with Gilbert and Fisher injured and Roberton and Simpkin unable to get a game. The inclusions of Bruce and Delaney have added much needed height. What we lack is quality ball users coming out of the backline and further tall defensive depth. Webster added to best 22 is a plus to help resolve this issue and Acres if preferred in the backline will provide much needed composure and kicking skills. This years draft another 195cm tall defender and players with composure and skills the priority. We’ve got enough shut down guys in this line.

Forward Line:
A big concern with Riewoldt in the twilight of his career and no player yet to stand up. Stanley the most likely however he’s not the type you build a forward line around, more a supporting act and has played his best football when playing ruck as part of his game. Lee as a mature recruit is a concern and White looks like his development is still in the very early stages. Maister, Siposs and Dunell on the chopping block. We’ve added Billings to the forward line but there will be a time when the club needs to make a decision whether he’s moved into the midfield or remains a forward. I believe the choice has already been made. In terms of small and medium forwards I favour Saunders and Murdoch in those areas. The already retired Milne and Kosi and close to retirements of Riewoldt and Schnieder will have the list management team busy over the off-season.

Priority's - 2014 Draft & Trade Period:

1. High production, tall and mobile key forward. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft on Hugh Goddard (top 5 pick) or medium investment in the draft on Tom Lamb (top 20 pick) or trade for a Sam Reid or Adam Tomlinson (or similar- would cost pick 15-25 IMO).

2. Midfielder with pace, clean ball handling skills and composure. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft and bid on Alec Waterman (WCE F/S - would cost first round pick) or select Lachie Weller (top 10-15 pick) or alternatively a medium investment on Johno O'Rourke (or similar) from GWS (would cost pick 10-20 IMO).

3. Power forward. Suggestion: Invest heavily on Patrick McCartin or Peter Wright with our first round selection. McCartin the better contested mark however Wright the more mobile and versatile forward capable of playing ruck. I favour McCartin as the more natural forward and the more likely to be available around our first pick. Alternatively we look to pluck a key tall from another club. I'm not sure we'll have any luck with most contracted and untouchable.

4. Quality tall defender. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft on Sam Durdin or Jake Lever. Durdin the taller option and Lever more a third tall however offers more offensively. The other option is to look at Frawley as a FA. It wouldn't hurt and will cost us no picks and only salary cap space. We've got to spend it somewhere, right?

*Mods can we make this a sticky so all list management talk is in the one area?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2014 List Management - Draft & Trade Discussion

i dont think Gilbo or Gwilt will get us much return on the trade to be honest and would much rather keep them then ship them off for a third rounder

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i dont think Gilbo or Gwilt will get us much return on the trade to be honest and would much rather keep them then ship them off for a third rounder
I see these two players as surplus to our requirements and being in their late 20's won't be given the same chance as a few guys younger than them.

Webster and Roberton play a similar role to Gilbert (without the overhead marking) as dashing defenders capable of playing on smalls and mediums. Acres is another who can play that role. All much younger than Gilbert and part of our longterm plans. Gilbert's injuries also a major concern.

With Delaney and Bruce close to best 22 Gwilt isn't needed for anything other than depth IMO as a tall defender. And if Gwilt were to be used as a medium-tall defender, we've also got plenty of them.

If we were to be offered a pick around 30-40 or an upgrade of a pick that gets us a further pick in the top 30 for either player then I'd jump at it. Those are the type of picks that have got us players like Newnes, Webster and Saunders....

Saint wagga
Club Player

I'm still a big gwilt fan...he's our best/most consistent long kick coming out of defence (although newnes has really improved his option taking this year and websters also improved) and he's playing his best footy since the grand final year of 2010...the number of times he drills excellent left footers and hits a target out on a wing is still a good asset IMO!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:I'm still a big gwilt fan...he's our best/most consistent long kick coming out of defence (although newnes has really improved his option taking this year and websters also improved) and he's playing his best footy since the grand final year of 2010...the number of times he drills excellent left footers and hits a target out on a wing is still a good asset IMO!
He's battled hard against bigger opponents the last few years. But he's just that, a battler. I reckon he's lacked intensity and cost us plenty of goals by taking the wrong options. There was about three goals as a result of Gwilt verse the Bombers.

On another note, John Butcher from Port could be that power forward we target. His kicking is horrible but he can take a strong pack mark and would immediately improve our current forward line IMO. Then draft a mobile tall forward such as Hugh Goddard...

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Interesting write up but I'm loathe to look at this stuff when we're only 6 games into the Richo regime. Players were not given a very good development pathway and feedback under Lyon and Watters. I think we need to wait and see how players respond to a clearer criteria before making these calls. The pressure is coming on these fringe players though. Weller and Acres could be the next two to leap frog them. Its a fresh slate and Richo is rewarding a mixture of talent, hard work and coachability.

I don't think you'd get much at all for injury plagued Gilbo and slowing down Gwilt. Montagna would be our top trade bait His name was floated around last trade. He's still pulling BOGs and like compact boomer Harvey could play another 4 years in these days of congested footy. An outside running, long kicking, goal scoring quality player could attract a half decent offer from a top team looking for more run and goals. We need to give something to get something. If Hayes can keep this years standard up he could go around again.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Interesting write up but I'm loathe to look at this stuff when we're only 6 games into the Richo regime. Players were not given a very good development pathway and feedback under Lyon and Watters. I think we need to wait and see how players respond to a clearer criteria before making these calls. The pressure is coming on these fringe players though. Weller and Acres could be the next two to leap frog them. Its a fresh slate and Richo is rewarding a mixture of talent, hard work and coachability.

I don't think you'd get much at all for injury plagued Gilbo and slowing down Gwilt. Montagna would be our top trade bait His name was floated around last trade. He's still pulling BOGs and like compact boomer Harvey could play another 4 years in these days of congested footy. An outside running, long kicking, goal scoring quality player could attract a half decent offer from a top team looking for more run and goals. We need to give something to get something. If Hayes can keep this years standard up he could go around again.
Thanks Bluthy. I'm not afraid to make the early calls and equally not afraid to say that these calls are subject to change as the year plays out and AR gets a feel for the list.

FQF
SS Life Member

I also don't see Gilbert traded. He's one of those types who offer far more value on our list than on the trade market.
Personally I think that a fit Gilbert is in our starting 18.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

It's an interesting thought and good idea for the thread Old Mate.

I do think you are underestimating our midfield pace. I would consider all of Acres, Markworth, Wright and Webster to be above average in the pace department, whilst none of these guys have cemented a spot in the midfield yet I think they will be part of the future planning.

Billings, Steven, Eli, Savage all have a bit of xfactor and aren't slow by any means.

The one paced brigade would be Armo, Dunstan, Ross, Weller, but I guess they provide grunt and give us a good mix going forward.

As for Peter Wright, I think we can't afford to have Stanley and Wright in the same team, especially if we are going to get Hickey and Longer to work, so either we trade Stanley if an Adelaide club is prepared to pay overs or we get McCartin or Durdin, I would prefer McCartin on our list at this early stage.

As for trade bait, I think with Weller, Dunstan and Ross, we could potentially afford the short term pain in the midfield to trade Armo, as much as I'd hate to put anyone's name up I think he provides trade value in an area where we have a lot of future potential.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt.... I see no position for him?

Gilbert, if he finishes off the season well has currency

Either Ross or Armo (hate to say it) should be put up for trade.... A fair deal would see one of them out

Lenny and CJ I would move on....

Shenton, Simpkin Weller, Dunnell, Milera.... All to have there seasons evaluated and need some exposure in the AFL to go with their VFL output to make a call on their future

TDL gone, Beau gone

Siposs, White, Markworth, Minchington still need some more development.... But if a good deal popped up for Arryn or Spencer... It should be entertained

Rest arerequired players.... Outside of an attractive offer

And
Following untouchable
Riewoldt,mSteven, Dunstan, Billings, Newnes, Wright, Webster, Longer, Acres, Bruce, Curran, Dempster, Montagna

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Current Best 22:

B: Dempster – Delaney - Geary
HB: Gilbert – Fisher - Gwilt
C: Montagna – Armitage - Newnes
HF: Schnieder – Riewoldt - Billings
F: Saunders – Stanley - Jones
R: Hickey – Hayes - Steven
I: Dunstan – Ray – Curren – Webster

Defense Depth:
Roberton, Wright, Simpkin & Bruce

Midfield Depth:
Longer, Ross, Savage & Markworth

Forward Depth:
Maister, Dunell, Siposs, Lee, Milera, Murdoch & Dennis-Lane

Development:
Acres, Pierce & White

Rookies:
Templeton, Weller, Shenton, Minchington & Holmes

List Change Considerations:

Retire:
Hayes, Fisher & Schnieder

Delist Primary List:
Maister, Dunell, Siposs, Milera & Denis-Lane

Delist Rookie List:
Shenton & Minchington

Trade:
Gilbert & Gwilt

Rookie Upgrade:
Weller & Templeton

List Analysis:

Midfield Line:
Depth, quality and pace the major issues. Over the next few drafts we need to target the type of midfielders that address those problem areas. Last year we recruited five potential midfielders. Dunstan and Weller, natural midfielders, Acres has shown he is adaptable however played his best footy in defense and Billings and Templeton in the forward line. Some quality added, potentially depth has somewhat been addressed if a few transition into that area however all one-paced. I would look specifically for speed to be added in this years draft. The likely retirement of Hayes has been addressed with an emphasis on inside midfielders recruited over the last few years.

Defense Line:
Probably our strongest area, which is ironic seeing as we struggled over the last few seasons to keep the ball out of our defensive 50 and leaking plenty of goals. Depth is good with Gilbert and Fisher injured and Roberton and Simpkin unable to get a game. The inclusions of Bruce and Delaney have added much needed height. What we lack is quality ball users coming out of the backline and further tall defensive depth. Webster added to best 22 is a plus to help resolve this issue and Acres if preferred in the backline will provide much needed composure and kicking skills. This years draft another 195cm tall defender and players with composure and skills the priority. We’ve got enough shut down guys in this line.

Forward Line:
A big concern with Riewoldt in the twilight of his career and no player yet to stand up. Stanley the most likely however he’s not the type you build a forward line around, more a supporting act and has played his best football when playing ruck as part of his game. Lee as a mature recruit is a concern and White looks like his development is still in the very early stages. Maister, Siposs and Dunell on the chopping block. We’ve added Billings to the forward line but there will be a time when the club needs to make a decision whether he’s moved into the midfield or remains a forward. I believe the choice has already been made. In terms of small and medium forwards I favour Saunders and Murdoch in those areas. The already retired Milne and Kosi and close to retirements of Riewoldt and Schnieder will have the list management team busy over the off-season.

Priority's - 2014 Draft & Trade Period:

1. High production, tall and mobile key forward. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft on Hugh Goddard (top 5 pick) or medium investment in the draft on Tom Lamb (top 20 pick) or trade for a Sam Reid or Adam Tomlinson (or similar- would cost pick 15-25 IMO).

2. Midfielder with pace, clean ball handling skills and composure. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft and bid on Alec Waterman (WCE F/S - would cost first round pick) or select Lachie Weller (top 10-15 pick) or alternatively a medium investment on Johno O'Rourke (or similar) from GWS (would cost pick 10-20 IMO).

3. Power forward. Suggestion: Invest heavily on Patrick McCartin or Peter Wright with our first round selection. McCartin the better contested mark however Wright the more mobile and versatile forward capable of playing ruck. I favour McCartin as the more natural forward and the more likely to be available around our first pick. Alternatively we look to pluck a key tall from another club. I'm not sure we'll have any luck with most contracted and untouchable.

4. Quality tall defender. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft on Sam Durdin or Jake Lever. Durdin the taller option and Lever more a third tall however offers more offensively. The other option is to look at Frawley as a FA. It wouldn't hurt and will cost us no picks and only salary cap space. We've got to spend it somewhere, right?

*Mods can we make this a sticky so all list management talk is in the one area?

Good post!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:It's an interesting thought and good idea for the thread Old Mate.

I do think you are underestimating our midfield pace. I would consider all of Acres, Markworth, Wright and Webster to be above average in the pace department, whilst none of these guys have cemented a spot in the midfield yet I think they will be part of the future planning.

Billings, Steven, Eli, Savage all have a bit of xfactor and aren't slow by any means.

The one paced brigade would be Armo, Dunstan, Ross, Weller, but I guess they provide grunt and give us a good mix going forward.

As for Peter Wright, I think we can't afford to have Stanley and Wright in the same team, especially if we are going to get Hickey and Longer to work, so either we trade Stanley if an Adelaide club is prepared to pay overs or we get McCartin or Durdin, I would prefer McCartin on our list at this early stage.

As for trade bait, I think with Weller, Dunstan and Ross, we could potentially afford the short term pain in the midfield to trade Armo, as much as I'd hate to put anyone's name up I think he provides trade value in an area where we have a lot of future potential.
Thanks St Ick and Spinner.

I believe we are still short of elite pace in the midfield. I'm hoping Markworth continues to develop and plays a lot of senior footy. Not sure if Wright or Webster transition into the midfield and Wright IMO presents as a shut-down type so not the guy we need to compliment our current mids if he does transition to the midfield. Webster I feel will play his best footy behind the ball but does offer very good rebound. Acres is not quick at all IMO. He's a power runner and very smooth over the ground. He creates space in a Riewoldt fashion by being an elite runner (runs in his family) like Issac Smith.

I agree with you re Armo just not sure if the timing is right. We probably need him if Hayes retires and Ross continues to stagnate. A worthy suggestion though and I feel the club would be open to this idea if it could benefit.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gwilt.... I see no position for him?

Gilbert, if he finishes off the season well has currency

Either Ross or Armo (hate to say it) should be put up for trade.... A fair deal would see one of them out

Lenny and CJ I would move on....

Shenton, Simpkin Weller, Dunnell, Milera.... All to have there seasons evaluated and need some exposure in the AFL to go with their VFL output to make a call on their future

TDL gone, Beau gone

Siposs, White, Markworth, Minchington still need some more development.... But if a good deal popped up for Arryn or Spencer... It should be entertained

Rest arerequired players.... Outside of an attractive offer

And
Following untouchable
Riewoldt,mSteven, Dunstan, Billings, Newnes, Wright, Webster, Longer, Acres, Bruce, Curran, Dempster, Montagna
We're pretty much in agreement however I won't be surprised if Siposs is offered up for trade. He's contracted next year so feel he's safe unless there's interest. Minchington in big trouble IMO. He's gone backwards and has been on the rookie list for sometime. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rookie spot opened up for Pierce who may be delisted then re-drafted as a rookie. IMO.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Good on you old mate for having a go at a reasoned discussion. I agree with your list change considerations except that I can't see either Gilbo or Gwilt being traded unless another club offers over. Can't see the point of trading Gwilt for a 3rd rounder and Gilbo's recent injury run will scare clubs from offering up a 2nd rounder would be my guess - plus he is in the age demographic we need over the next 3 years.

I thought I read somewhere sippos was contracted until the end of 2015 - but I could be wrong.

We definitely need to draft a couple of genuine midfielders with leg speed to replace Joey, and at least another 1 preferably 2 key forwards who are good enough to press for a spot in their first year, and hold down a spot in the seniors in their 2nd year. I suspect it's going to take at least 2 drafts to land these and hopefully we can strike it lucky with our 3rd and 4th rounders and find some hidden midfield gems as well as its the one area we just don't have enough quality depth.

The biggest issue is we just aren't developing A grade footballers as quickly as they are retiring.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
lloyd21
Club Player

Forward Line:

1. High production, tall and mobile key forward. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft on Hugh Goddard (top 5 pick) or medium investment in the draft on Tom Lamb (top 20 pick) or trade for a Sam Reid or Adam Tomlinson (or similar- would cost pick 15-

8-) Prefer saints give GWS our 1st round & 2nd round pick they give Saints Treloar & Tomlinson and their pick 10 .
Stkilda also offer Jaksch 3year deal uncontracted Orourke. 3 year deal uncontracted Or

8-) GWS & saints do mega trade Stkilda give 1st & 2nd round picks for Patton .and Orourke and Tomlinson and saints offer Jaksch 3 year deal as uncontracted.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Good on you old mate for having a go at a reasoned discussion. I agree with your list change considerations except that I can't see either Gilbo or Gwilt being traded unless another club offers over. Can't see the point of trading Gwilt for a 3rd rounder and Gilbo's recent injury run will scare clubs from offering up a 2nd rounder would be my guess - plus he is in the age demographic we need over the next 3 years.

I thought I read somewhere sippos was contracted until the end of 2015 - but I could be wrong.

We definitely need to draft a couple of genuine midfielders with leg speed to replace Joey, and at least another 1 preferably 2 key forwards who are good enough to press for a spot in their first year, and hold down a spot in the seniors in their 2nd year. I suspect it's going to take at least 2 drafts to land these and hopefully we can strike it lucky with our 3rd and 4th rounders and find some hidden midfield gems as well as its the one area we just don't have enough quality depth.

The biggest issue is we just aren't developing A grade footballers as quickly as they are retiring.
Cheers Zed. The trade ideas are only 'considerations' 8-) and as I said earlier those players (medium defenders) we have plenty of so I see them in trade calculations.

You are right on Siposs. He is contracted next year and that's why I think we'll retain him unless a club puts a reasonable offer forward. I don't think it would take much to ply him from our list to be honest with a few medium sized guys favoured over him and us being happy to give him further opportunity at another club.

I remember reading somewhere that a key Chris Pelchen strategy is to have the majority of players signed on contracts early in the piece even if they are not part of our plans and part of trade calculations to strengthen our bargaining power come trade period. I see Siposs right in the mix.

I feel we have some good contested ball winners in the midfield however leg speed is a real worry. Replacing Joey when the time is right will be a difficult task. I guess Steven is the closest younger player we have but he'll need some support and if I had to look at one player on our list that offers a bit of pace it would be Saunders just not sold on him becoming a genuine midfielder. He's very small but so is Joey so perhaps he exceeds my expectations. Definitely need more class and pace in this area though. Our forward line is a real worry. Just like last year we need to nail this draft...this time on tall forwards.

Very good point on developing A graders. Last year I suspect we nailed it and added three maybe even four (Templeton) A graders from the draft....Billy Longer I'm comfortable in saying will be A grade as well so possibly five when you add him. You couldn't ask more last year. We'll have more opportunity over the next couple of years with early picks adding some quality.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Forward Line:

1. High production, tall and mobile key forward. Suggestion: Invest heavily in the draft on Hugh Goddard (top 5 pick) or medium investment in the draft on Tom Lamb (top 20 pick) or trade for a Sam Reid or Adam Tomlinson (or similar- would cost pick 15-

8-) Prefer saints give GWS our 1st round & 2nd round pick they give Saints Treloar & Tomlinson and their pick 10 .
Stkilda also offer Jaksch 3year deal uncontracted Orourke. 3 year deal uncontracted Or

8-) GWS & saints do mega trade Stkilda give 1st & 2nd round picks for Patton .and Orourke and Tomlinson and saints offer Jaksch 3 year deal as uncontracted.
Some creative trade suggestions but that's the type of thing that will be running through the minds of our recruiting department. Geez I'd love Treloar. Only in his third year of footy and I'd comfortably have him in the top 20 midfielders in the competition. Future captain...future brownlow winner. An absolute gun. Unfortunately I don't see him obtainable and if he were he'd demand a heavy price in compensation from GWS. More than your suggestion, unfortunately. Patton another I love. He and Treloar would both demand a top 5 pick each....and likely a sweetener on top as well. Tomlinson more likely however contracted. O'Rourke and Jaksch two that will be in a lot of clubs calculations being highly talented and uncontracted at the end of the year.

citywest

With our list another year older I would trade Armo, Gilbo, Gwilt and Montagna.

Trade 1) Armo for a pick in the top 20. If no one comes to the party then no deal.....he stays.
Trade 2) Gilbo + our 3rd round pick (probably around pick 41) for a pick under 25.
Trade 3) Gwilt + our 4th round pick (probably around pick 59) for a pick under 40.
Trade 4) Montagna for a pick under 30.

Armo will be turning 26 next month and I don't think he'll still be running around by the time we play in a Grand Final again. That being the case, we should try and trade him for a pick in the top 20. Remember, we got Dunstan with pick 18!!!!!!! If no one offers the pick we want then we keep him.

Gilbo and Gwilt will be surplus to our needs after this season so I say if we can trade them to improve our 2nd and 3rd round picks we should do it.

Even though I love Montagna, I love St Kilda more. What would a top 4 team offer for him? We need to find out. If anyone was willing to give a pick under 30 then we should take it.

We would then go into this years draft (I am assuming that we will finish 14th) with the following picks (roughly)........

5, 19, 23, 25, 29, 39, 41. Instead of just 5, 23 and 41 if we kept the above players.

Do you think the above is do-able? Would you be in favour of the above?

citywest

I'm not sure I agree with my above post now after yesterday's humiliation. I have a feeling we may have traded away to much experience. I have no idea anymore. I hope Pelchen knows what he is doing.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

dont agree with a lot of these posts

Look at the Dawks... wooden spoon 04 and one drop after a flag they have stayed up the top for a 2nd and recuited smart. Like us they built a strong foundation list while down the bottom... thet're still flying and many stars have left.

so trading our team out is not the ans, we need to recruit smart and play a better style of footy.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
citywest

How do you recruit smart if you don't have high picks?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

ask the harks they seem to be going ok since 2010

their last norm smith wasn't a high pick

Fortius Quo Fidelius
citywest

ShanghaiSaint wrote:ask the harks they seem to be going ok since 2010

their last norm smith wasn't a high pick
True.

ace
Saintsational Legend

OUT our squad
IN the hawks squad

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I'm not sure I agree with my above post now after yesterday's humiliation. I have a feeling we may have traded away to much experience. I have no idea anymore. I hope Pelchen knows what he is doing.
There's a fine line. I think we have the balance right.

There still is an imbalance in age amongst the list and plenty of injuries which leads to inconsistent results...to the extreme. Expect more floggings...and some good results that will surprise.

Bottom line we need quality coming through the door via the draft and trade while keeping a competitive team together.