Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jamesmc
Club Player

Re: Robinson one week, Murphy and White no charge.

Cairnsman wrote:Hey looks like the "all ages" policy is finally starting to attract the kids.
Or maybe im a troll, citywest or haven't been a member of ss as long as you.

Or maybe i just don't think Roo is the most courageous St.kilda player in it's history.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

If Murphy was a St Kilda player and was suspended, I'd be pissed off. But Robinson deserved time. Agree with MRP (this time).

Freebird
Club Player

I would like to see video of roo's 2011 suspension...my memory has it the player ran into him and was taken from ground

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The traffic is building with each thrashing. Standard thing. We all have a lot to say when getting done and little when we are winning.

Did our club doctor escape sanction for allowing Roo back on?

If the AFL are OK with the decision then they need to review the concussion ruling.

Any player who looses consciousness, even for second MUST be subbed out/not return to the field of play. Any further hits to the head God only knows what would happen.
Sorry I'm passionate about this issue as I have a health work background, plus my brother had a significant head injury that took over a year to recover from. Also Kosi. Need I say anymore.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Saintspremiers - agree that the club should be fined. Sad to say. Was watching Nick when he came back on and he was lost.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Saintspremiers - agree that the club should be fined. Sad to say. Was watching Nick when he came back on and he was lost.
That's a few of us on here that agree. it's hard for Roo. He's the ultimate warrior, but the medicos must have the final say, and must not be pressured from player nor coach or administration.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Saintspremiers - agree that the club should be fined. Sad to say. Was watching Nick when he came back on and he was lost.
That's a few of us on here that agree. it's hard for Roo. He's the ultimate warrior, but the medicos must have the final say, and must not be pressured from player nor coach or administration.
As I said at the time ... He would have both arms and both legs cut off and tell them all it was "only a flesh wound" and demand to be put back on the ground.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
As I said at the time ... He would have both arms and both legs cut off and tell them all it was "only a flesh wound" and demand to be put back on the ground.
Reminds me a bit of Life Of Brian......"Always look on the bright side of life! ".

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Murphy and White both lucky.

They say that Riewoldt was pushed into Murphy, but I don't think it changed his momentum at all. But if you do accept that Roo was pushed forward, does that mean if he wasn't pushed Murphy was just going to run past the contest without making any contact or any attempt to go for the ball.

White's contact on Dunstan didn't look "accidental". There may have been some bad luck involved in Dunstan being turned around at the last moment but if you go to bump, especially 50m off the ball, and make contact with the head then you should be held accountable.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"