Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter27
Club Player

Team

In: Dunstan, Monty, Stanley
Out: Ray, Lee, Murdoch

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team

Well, Ray's form has been going south for some weeks. Stanley is a good selection. We don't wan't Lee playing second ruck again. He really shouldn't be asked to play that role. Having three tall forwards is better, too. Stanley and Lee now just have to get and there and demand the ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Well, Ray's form has been going south for some weeks. Stanley is a good selection. We don't wan't Lee playing second ruck again. He really shouldn't be asked to play that role. Having three tall forwards is better, too. Stanley and Lee now just have to get and there and demand the ball.

But if they kick it to him it will be out on the full.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

cwrcyn wrote:Well, Ray's form has been going south for some weeks. Stanley is a good selection. We don't wan't Lee playing second ruck again. He really shouldn't be asked to play that role. Having three tall forwards is better, too. Stanley and Lee now just have to get and there and demand the ball.
Lee is an out?..

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Holy moley, I can't believe I missed Lee's name in those outs. Seriously, I think I've lost it.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

um Lee is out

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I have lost whatever speck of credibility I had on this forum.

Oh, and still no Bruce?? I'm perplexed. (Please don't tell me he's playing)

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Hey, you never know, Lee might do okay from the stands

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Holy moley, I can't believe I missed Lee's name in those outs. Seriously, I think I've lost it.
Agree. He never deserved a game in the first place and after his gutless effort against the Cats he should have been ditched a week earlier.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I have lost whatever speck of credibility I had on this forum.

Oh, and still no Bruce?? I'm perplexed. (Please don't tell me he's playing)

He is. At Sandy. Dont worry about credibilty. Ive got by for 7 years without it.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Glad hickey hasn't been rushed back in, a good challenge to Rhys Stanley, play well and keep your spot...dunstan and joey give us more quality, and I'm glad Farren ray has been dropped on form...sends the message to all our experienced 'non untouchables'...they have to play well to stay in the team...the back six has a good looking mix of dash and height, with simpkin giving us flexibility and savage the other way...Go saints!!!

Lyon Tamer
Club Player

Really disappointed for Murdoch, not really given an opportunity to prove himself.

Why not play him? He looks pretty solid and is the exact type of player that we need to get games into.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Ridiculous to leave Bruce out again - Richmond have brought back Vickery to stretch our defence as WCE did last week. Once again the coaching staff to expect Gwilt to play tall? Problem being Gwilt is now the worst key defender in the comp he must have caused at 5 goals against last week he is disgraceful.

It is why they recruited Bruce FFS play him, even if he isnt perfect he is better than Gwilt or Dempster playing on talls. Very disappointed,

You wonder why they bother bring Lee in for 2 games and dropping him? The selections are starting to look like they did under the Watters era - something seriously wrong at Saint land.
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Thu 26 Jun 2014 8:09pm, edited 2 times in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Murdoch has shown some good things. Probably unlucky. Farren has dipped. Wonder if his cards are marked? Lee...don't know what to think.

The Ins are all perfectly understandable.

Lyon Tamer
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Ridiculous to leave Bruce out again - Richmond have brought back Vickery to stretch our defence as WCE did last week. Once again the coaching staff to expect Gwilt to play tall? Problem being Gwilt is now the worst key defender in the comp he must have caused at 5 goals against last week he is disgraceful.

It is why they recruited Bruce FFS play him, even if he is perfect he is better than Gwilt or Dempster playing on talls. Very disappointed!
Absolutely agree RE: Bruce. There abilities are pretty much the same at the moment, with Bruce better equipped to play on the Vickery or even Reiwoldt.

No real advantage playing Gwilt in the short term and definitely no advantage for the future.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:Murdoch has shown some good things. Probably unlucky. Farren has dipped. Wonder if his cards are marked? Lee...don't know what to think.

It will be interesting with Ray because we cant lose all the older guys. With Lenny gone and you would think CJ and Chips can we lose ray and maybe gwilt as well. i wouldnt think not.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:Murdoch has shown some good things. Probably unlucky. Farren has dipped. Wonder if his cards are marked? Lee...don't know what to think.

It will be interesting with Ray because we cant lose all the older guys. With Lenny gone and you would think CJ and Chips can we lose ray and maybe gwilt as well. i wouldnt think not.
Agreed Plugger the cupboard will begin to look pretty bare next year! Has it been confirmed Lenny is retiring?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Agreed Plugger the cupboard will begin to look pretty bare next year! Has it been confirmed Lenny is retiring?

No He may not but Joey said he would be surprised if he went on.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Holy moley, I can't believe I missed Lee's name in those outs. Seriously, I think I've lost it.
gets us all in the end mate....i was trying to stick my parking ticket in the slot for the credit card...three times i did it... :oops: :oops: :oops:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Can't believe Milera stayed in the side. Saunders is the future, Milera will never be AFL standard

Playon
Club Player

stinger wrote:
gets us all in the end mate....i was trying to stick my parking ticket in the slot for the credit card...three times i did it... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Can I borrow your parking ticket? I have some bills to pay.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
stinger wrote:
Can I borrow your parking ticket? I have some bills to pay.
nah..the machine ate it in the end... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
70s sainter
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:Can't believe Milera stayed in the side. Saunders is the future, Milera will never be AFL standard
Agree . Hes never going to be good enough. He showd that on Sun.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

sainter27 wrote:In: Dunstan, Monty, Stanley
Out: Ray, Lee, Murdoch

I get a calm sense of assurance that Stanley is back. :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AR labouring a point about work rate this week.

Jones Simpkin retain their spots.

Lee, Ray don't.