Patrick McCartin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lewdogs
Club Player

Patrick McCartin

What do we know about this kid? Can you enlighten me. I've a feeling he's number one, not based on any mail mind you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Patrick McCartin

deleted
Last edited by stinger on Tue 08 Jul 2014 6:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote:What do we know about this kid? Can you enlighten me. I've a feeling he's number one, not based on any mail mind you.
best key forward and mark in the draft......he will do us just fine...imho

...no go home factor either

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Looks overweight to me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Looks overweight to me.

That could be a bonus. Imagine when he gets AFL fit.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Skeptical hippo.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Skeptical hippo.
he's not that fat.

damienc
Club Player

He's exactly what we need. A big bodied, aggressive KPP. A natural tall forward who is not afraid to push opponents out of the way. If we got him and Petracca then we will have done well. One and two in the draft I reckon. They will both be on the club's list. We might have to settle for just McCartin which would be a shame.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: best key forward and mark in the draft......he will do us just fine...imho

...no go home factor either
Barracks for the Cats so may wanna go home to Geelong Image

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

On Pelchans spreadsheet he is rated a fail for insulin.

You are garbage - Enough said
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:On Pelchans spreadsheet he is rated a fail for insulin.
I was waiting for someone to raise this. I nearly did, then parked it.

I would really like one of our resident medicos to tell us what we really need to know about it.

Obviously, it's a serious medical issue, but if it is properly monitored (as I gather it is with him, vigilantly), is it the modern day equivalent of having asthma (ie who gives a rats if a player has ventolin [replace with "has blood levels checked"] at the breaks)?

Always loyal
Burkey 1
Club Player

Plugger was overweight and an asmhatic, didnt do him any harm, if this kids half as good we will have done well, wasnt therea health issue with Jamie Cripps, seems he is going okay at West Coast ???

Burkey 1
Club Player

Plugger was overweight and an asmhatic, didnt do him any harm, if this kids half as good we will have done well, wasnt therea health issue with Jamie Cripps, seems he is going okay at West Coast ???

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I realise that everything is hypothetical till a bloke is well into his career, but aren't there meant to be better key forwards coming up in the 2015 draft??? Anyone able to shed some light on that?

Also, the GWoganS will be struggling to hang onto all their big key forwards come 2015's draft.

I really want Petracca (though am open to Con being able to convince me that he's already peaked) and would love to snare the wild child Lamby (perfect replacement to spark things up on Mad Monday once CJ is gone).

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Burkey 1 wrote:Plugger was overweight and an asmhatic, didnt do him any harm, if this kids half as good we will have done well, wasnt therea health issue with Jamie Cripps, seems he is going okay at West Coast ???
Plugger was also a freak at playing footy.
kicked 7 odd at aged 17 in the vfl.
this bloke cant kick more than 4 in tac cup.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:I realise that everything is hypothetical till a bloke is well into his career, but aren't there meant to be better key forwards coming up in the 2015 draft??? Anyone able to shed some light on that?

Also, the GWoganS will be struggling to hang onto all their big key forwards come 2015's draft.

I really want Petracca (though am open to Con being able to convince me that he's already peaked) and would love to snare the wild child Lamby (perfect replacement to spark things up on Mad Monday once CJ is gone).
There are no certain or clear stand outs.
burton from sa looks good as does Dodge from tassie but still a long way off.
My theory is see how they test at draft camp but reality is plugger may not have tested awesome.
Still half a season to play. Lets see how they play out the season I guess.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:I realise that everything is hypothetical till a bloke is well into his career, but aren't there meant to be better key forwards coming up in the 2015 draft??? Anyone able to shed some light on that?

Why did you say GWoganS? What is this in reference too?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Spinner wrote:

Hi Spin, I particularly hate the hollow soulless artificially inseminated non-Victorian teams. (Nought Power being a slight exception as they are actually a really footy club with a real history.)

To convey my contempt, 'Western Sydney' are referred to as the Western Bogans, or Wogans for short. (I wish I could recall which fellow Saintsationalist came up with this title so that I could pay homage.)

Unfortunately, our beloved Pluggs isn't into thinking too outside the box, so struggles with such a concept. (Or so he likes to claim. :wink: ) This is where our Stevie came to the rescue with the suggestion of GWoganS.

So once again, thank you Stevie. :D

PS: And to Pluggs, I do enjoy the theatre that you provide on here. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Hi Spin, I particularly hate the hollow soulless artificially inseminated non-Victorian teams. (Nought Power being a slight exception as they are actually a really footy club with a real history.)

To convey my contempt, 'Western Sydney' are referred to as the Western Bogans, or Wogans for short. (I wish I could recall which fellow Saintsationalist came up with this title so that I could pay homage.)

Unfortunately, our beloved Pluggs isn't into thinking too outside the box, so struggles with such a concept. (Or so he likes to claim. :wink: ) This is where our Stevie came to the rescue with the suggestion of GWoganS.

So once again, thank you Stevie. :D

PS: And to Pluggs, I do enjoy the theatre that you provide on here. :D

you are certainly one of a kind there....ir as my dear old dad used to say....pat malone.....

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Who was the forward that kicked ten goals in the TAC cup last weekend? Pretty sure it was not one of the big names.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Who was the forward that kicked ten goals in the TAC cup last weekend? Pretty sure it was not one of the big names.
Reece McKenzie Northern Knights

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Would it pay the Saints to ignore McCartin, Wright etc and go for McKenzie? 196, 100kg, he is a big lad.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Burkey 1 wrote:Plugger was overweight and an asmhatic, didnt do him any harm, if this kids half as good we will have done well, wasnt therea health issue with Jamie Cripps, seems he is going okay at West Coast ???
there was a story going around that part of the reason Cripps wanted out was the way the club reacted when they found out he had his condition ... word is the club were peeved that the medical test didnt show up his conditions.. the club in the end were fine with it and they worked a process to manage it for Cripps but the inital reaction left a bitter taste that he was just another cattle call .. Cripps ended up leaving cause he wanted to be home with his family

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Would it pay the Saints to ignore McCartin, Wright etc and go for McKenzie? 196, 100kg, he is a big lad.
I personally dont see us ignoring McCartin if we end up with pick 1 as it looks we will. I certainly wouldn't be against picking 2 x key forwards in this draft. We could have our next Roo/Kosi or Buddy/Roughy combo for the next decade plus. It will just depend on how we and other clubs rate the talls. McCartin clear pick 1 so that's a no brainer. McKenzie considered more a late draft option/rookie selection until last weekend. If he continues to impress it may see his draft stocks rise and potentially good value with our second round selection. But to be honest I'm unsure where he's rated at this point and haven't seen enough to be confident making my own judgement.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Would it pay the Saints to ignore McCartin, Wright etc and go for McKenzie? 196, 100kg, he is a big lad.
not even rated in the top 20 players by certain of the experts...