Chris Pelchen - The aftermath

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Chris Pelchen - The aftermath

plugger66 wrote:BM I keep telling you I never get upset on here. We don't even know each other. I would get upset if real people to my face had a go at me. And just because you break things down doesn't make it impressive especially when they illogical comments.
I only quote to make it easier to respond, you seem to get upset at this, I don't know why? Illogical statements? I would argue they are not.
plugger66 wrote: Who said I followed Wallace.
You used Wallace to back up your argument, he agreed with you apparently. I just showed that Wallace, who was not at Hawthorn in 2004, or at St.Kilda in 2014, has not got the greatest track record in recruiting.
plugger66 wrote: I said he said the same thing. I made up my mind as soon as I heardPelchen speak.
You right to not like Pelchan, my right to point out that on available evidence (i.e Pelchan was at Hawks in 2004, and St.Kilda 2014, on balance his views would have more weight than your). This upset you again. Sorry P66.
plugger66 wrote: And who said anyone had to agree with what I said. Certainly not me but if those reasons you stated as why people shouldn't agree with methren they are plainly stupid otherwise no one on here can disagree wth any club decision because we don't know all the facts.
on available evidence, I said that Pelchans views would have more weight than yours.
plugger66 wrote:This is forum for opinions and please attack my opinion but don't pathetically use the crap you did to attack it.
Why is it pathetic P66. It was an alternative view, that apparently you didn't like. Sorry bout that chief.
plugger66 wrote: And I walked to Bevo and its now 138 metres. No idea if he was home though as I went next door.
Good for P66.
plugger66 wrote: Now I see the anger again as you read this but remember I have never ever been as angry as you.
Oh I think you are pretty angry when someone dares to deconstruct your "opinion" and shows its inconsistencies and factual basis.
plugger66 wrote: Angry enough to say I will never post here again and then be childish enough to threaten people with warnings for using an old nic.
I don't know what this even means, it is just another attempt to posion the well, and belittle an alternate view. It is obvious this type of analysis of your views is upsetting you to attempt to divert, and smokescreen by playing the man. Pretty poor P66, you are better than that.
plugger66 wrote: I actually did a search to see if I could call you out for saying similar things like I did but all I could find was about 20 from your other nic. Not worth getting a warning for bringing them up because you once had a hissy fit and acted like a 10 year old. See the anger, the bristling, the shaking, the red face.
More attacking the man. And again you are factually incorrect, the ruling is that you can use any posts from the old nic known as Joffaboy, BFUSA ruled that that was OK to do. So off you go P66, you have full permission.

However I think I can see from this somewhat frenzied attack on the poster, not what he has posted, is more about point scoring after getting upset because you have been called on your previous posts.
plugger66 wrote:Anyway I still say Pelchen was talking crap when he said our list is in a very similar position to the Hawks in 2004. And I still say I am allowed that opinion without working at the club.
Of course you can, please don't play victim. The whole thing that has got you in such a tizz that you are playing the man and not the subject matter is because I said that Pelchan's view would carry more weight than yours considering he was at both Hawks in 2004 and St.Kilda 2011-2014.

Any rational person would see that as fact. You see that as an attack on you for some indefinably reason. Oh well......
plugger66 wrote:If it is in a similar position then we should be on an upward trend next year. If its ok with you I think we will actually win less games next year than this year and that is why I think he is talking crap.
He also said that the STKFC is in for more pain over the next 12-18 months, which would lead us into the end on 2016. Then he said there could be a 'reasonable' expectation of finals in 2017. Don't know why you are carrying on about next season. Doesn't take an Einstein to work out we are in for a world of pain next season.
plugger66 wrote:I don't think I need at attaend mettings or work at the club to think that about next season.
Congratulations. You argued something was completely irrelevant.

Oh look, I quoted you. I'll get ready for your next "not upset" diatribe about that. Remember to personally attack me because your arguments have been laid bare.

But this doesn't upset you does it P66? :D :wink:

Have a nice non angry day :D

You are garbage - Enough said
spert
Saintsational Legend

Back on the topic thanks- posts hijacked by petty rubbish between forum members should go in another forum..preferably "Trash"

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:

The thing about Hawthorn's list in 2004 is that it contained two players that ours does not - Luke Hodge (2001)and Sam Mitchell (2001). .
That is a hindsight comment. Hodge was known to be a likely star. Sam was not.

With Sam you are looking at what he became, rather than what he was back then.

Pick 36 in 2001. It was 2005 when he started to hit his straps.

We could well have a Sam now, and not know it. Dunstan could be very very good. Acres could be anything. Ross may be on slow burn...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
FQF
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

The thing about Hawthorn's list in 2004 is that it contained two players that ours does not - Luke Hodge (2001)and Sam Mitchell (2001). .
That is a hindsight comment. Hodge was known to be a likely star. Sam was not.

With Sam you are looking at what he became, rather than what he was back then.

Pick 36 in 2001. It was 2005 when he started to hit his straps.

We could well have a Sam now, and not know it. Dunstan could be very very good. Acres could be anything. Ross may be on slow burn...
Seb = Sam

Like it!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Back on the topic thanks- posts hijacked by petty rubbish between forum members should go in another forum..preferably "Trash"
It wasn't petty unti a certain poster got uppity because I dared to contradict his exaulted opinion and say Pelchans opinion had more weight than an intenet poster.

Go back a page and have a look at my contributions.

But I agree, that we should be looking at the OP and not engaging in petty one for one spats.

Interestingly there are many SS members moving over to the bf Saints forum of late. The ignore function over there is teriffic, you literally don't ever see a poster on ignore. Sometimes it seems a poster is arguing with nobody as you don't see the original post or any quotes from ignored poster.

Would be a godsend over here to have that function.

evo
Club Player

I was never going to post pelican pictures or quote " in pelch we trust ". Did not believe his Alan Jeans deathbed story after people I believe tweeted me that it was bullcrap. He had obsession with getting his three early draft picks and got greedy trying to prise them out of GWS (I have been told that we were offered 6 + Treloar that was rejected) then when that did not work took the knee-jerk reaction of trading Stanley to get the third pick.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if posting a pelican picture means you love the bloke, could be just a bit of fun?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Not sure if posting a pelican picture means you love the bloke, could be just a bit of fun?
Shut up Pelican lover

FQF
SS Life Member

evo wrote:I was never going to post pelican pictures or quote " in pelch we trust ". Did not believe his Alan Jeans deathbed story after people I believe tweeted me that it was bullcrap. He had obsession with getting his three early draft picks and got greedy trying to prise them out of GWS (I have been told that we were offered 6 + Treloar that was rejected) then when that did not work took the knee-jerk reaction of trading Stanley to get the third pick.
There is no way that we would have rejected pick 1 for 6 + Treloar.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

No way on earth we would have knocked back 6 + Treloar.
I just cannot believe that. Treloar is a proven young gun. Then wed get 6 for free.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think Pelchen is wrong to say we are in a similar position to the Hawks in 2004. I base that on my opinion. I think we are at least a year if not 2 away from the Hawks of 2004. I think he was justifying his good work. I think he lied about the Jeans story and that he resigned from the Hawks. I think I can think all of those things. I also think he did some good things at our club but im happy his time is up.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think Pelchen is wrong to say we are in a similar position to the Hawks in 2004. I base that on my opinion. I think we are at least a year if not 2 away from the Hawks of 2004. I think he was justifying his good work. I think he lied about the Jeans story and that he resigned from the Hawks. I think I can think all of those things. I also think he did some good things at our club but im happy his time is up.
Hawthorn finished second last with five wins in 2004. We will be comparable with that I think, although I can only see us winning the following games; GWS here, Essendon at Jihad (but only if/ after the players get bans), the Bulldogs (50/50), and probably Melbourne again, but only at Jihad. So 4 games.
Judging by what Pelchan said I fear the worst in terms of some of the shellackings we might receive though...
Last edited by samuraisaint on Fri 24 Oct 2014 4:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
dragit wrote:Not sure if posting a pelican picture means you love the bloke, could be just a bit of fun?
Shut up Pelican lover

asaint
Club Player

The Stanley deal was done days before the end of trade, can't see how that was done in a panic. Still was plenty of time to trade pick 1.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:The Stanley deal was done days before the end of trade, can't see how that was done in a panic. Still was plenty of time to trade pick 1.
Also, I think the Stanley trade came before GWS even had pick 6 from the Boyd trade.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Geelong showed interest quite a while ago.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Geelong showed interest quite a while ago.
Still Pelican needs 3 picks in the first round (ish).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Geelong showed interest quite a while ago.
lets hope their judgement on his possible upside is not proven to be too correct........

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richo just interviewed on SEN.

Re Pelchen going: Is there any change in plan? Richo indicated no, not all all. Then went on to say that with respect to list management issues that there would be no change in direction, and that Pelchen had been outstanding in this regard.

On Stanley: reading between the lines Richo did not rate him and was probably a big factor in his going. Richo indicated that they believed that there would be great value in the draft at that stage.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
evo
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:No way on earth we would have knocked back 6 + Treloar.
I just cannot believe that. Treloar is a proven young gun. Then wed get 6 for free.
I think it is bull* t too but here's a quote from a Collingwood supporter on big footy a few days ago along the same lines.

---------------------------------------
12Kilos bigfooty

hi saints fans take the following as`rumors, have a lot of saints mates in the know. Heard the reason Pelchen quit was due to the trade period he got undercut by Baines and Finnis in 2 trades he had completed . but the other 2 put a stop to it.

1. Cut a deal to give your pick 1 to gws for 4 possibly 6 not sure and Traloer. Which was stopped.
2. Armitage to tigers for pick 12 was stopped.

Again take it as rumors heard it from saints mate's who have been right in the past, did not hear either of the 2 trades anywhere else.
------------------------------------

Did not hear about the Armitage trade. Just passing on what I have been told.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:..Pick 36 in 2001. It was 2005 when he started to hit his straps...
Sam Mitchell received 9 Brownlow votes in 2003.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @pelican lover

the Aboriginal Passports Official stamp is a Pelican .
... they chose it coz the pelican can be found in all country.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

evo wrote:I think it is bull* t too but here's a quote from a Collingwood supporter on big footy a few days ago along the same lines.
12Kilos bigfooty

hi saints fans take the following as`rumors, have a lot of saints mates in the know. Heard the reason Pelchen quit was due to the trade period he got undercut by Baines and Finnis in 2 trades he had completed . but the other 2 put a stop to it.

1. Cut a deal to give your pick 1 to gws for 4 possibly 6 not sure and Traloer. Which was stopped.

Again take it as rumors heard it from saints mate's who have been right in the past, did not hear either of the 2 trades anywhere else.

If that rumour is true, then I'm feeling very confident re our (remaining) recruiting/list management people. :D

I would not have done either of those deals!

We can get a Treloer type (I note that Jerry still hasn't extended is contract with the Wogans) in the PSD in 2015, and then we'll have said player, and... Petracccc-aarrrrrh!!! :twisted:

We have a plan. We are sticking to it. Patience is the key. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
evo wrote:I think it is bull* t too but here's a quote from a Collingwood supporter on big footy a few days ago along the same lines.
12Kilos bigfooty

If that rumour is true, then I'm feeling very confident re our (remaining) recruiting/list management people. :D

I would not have done either of those deals!

We can get a Treloer type (I note that Jerry still hasn't extended is contract with the Wogans) in the PSD in 2015, and then we'll have said player, and... Petracccc-aarrrrrh!!! :twisted:

We have a plan. We are sticking to it. Patience is the key. 8-)
Dave I doubt the deal is true but I also doubt any if anyone would pass it up but if they did they should be sacked. Forget your crap about the PSD because it is crap. Maybe you are right though. Look at all the stars who will be taken this year. Your knowledge of footy is a little bit of a worry but luckily not for the Saints, Just more for people who may think you know what you are talking about. Surely there is none though.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote: Forget your crap about the PSD because it is crap.
Hi Mods, we need 'bookmark' function please. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: