Whats the deal with Siposs?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Whats the deal with Siposs?

Ok, I dont follow this stuff as closely as many of you....just couldnt be stuffed.
But I am curious about Siposs, where is he at? Whats his contract situation?
Seems to be a bit maligned round here it seems.
Why is this?
I saw him play some very good games, or part of games, and looked to be on a good path. Reminded me of Jack Stephen a bit. Super kick, seemed to have footy smarts. MUCH needed type of player for the saints....

So hit me up...whats the deal?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Whats the deal with Siposs?

Contracted until next year.

Thought he played his best footy in Scott's first year.

I think we've attempted to crush his ego, and have crushed his spirit....but that's just a casual ob based on a vibe.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:a casual ob based on a vibe.
:D

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Great. So we are going to throw a blanket over him and sit on him till he has had enough or gets traded out? Where he will go on to be a premiership player with another team and poll well in the brownlow?
Ok, nothing to see here then. Situation normal at Moorabbin. Sorry...Seaford...or is it at the Junction in St.Kilda? Typical.
Last edited by iwantmeseats on Wed 22 Oct 2014 12:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Make or break season and I hope he takes whatever chances he gets because he is not without ability.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:Great. So we are going to throw a blanket over him and sit on him till he has had enough or gets traded out? Where he will go on too= be a premiership player with another team and poll well in the brownlow?
Ok, nothing to see here then. Situation normal at Moorabbin. Sorry...Seaford...or is it at the Junction in St.Kilda? Typical.

You obviously haven't seen him play @ VFL level. Went backwards.

I am surprised he is still on the list.

You are garbage - Enough said
Armagizmo
Club Player

Promised much and delivered little. He was talked up as filling Goddard's shoes at one stage.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Great. So we are going to throw a blanket over him and sit on him till he has had enough or gets traded out? Where he will go on to be a premiership player with another team and poll well in the brownlow?
Way to get irrational.

If he's any good whatsoever, he'll be able to force his way into the 18th side.

The likelihood of him winning a brownlow & premiership after leaving St Kilda is fairly slight.

I don't think he has the athletic ability to be a genuine AFL player, but I hope I'm wrong and he becomes a star.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Taking over Rhys Stanley's role as the next great hope.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Armagizmo wrote:Promised much and delivered little. He was talked up as filling Goddard's shoes at one stage.
Well that was irrational garbage based on idiots perception of a 20 year old and where he was at in development.

Pick 75 in a diluted draft does not become one of the best quarterbacks in the game

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Armagizmo wrote:Promised much and delivered little. He was talked up as filling Goddard's shoes at one stage.
BJ was a pick one in the national draft and IS a legend and Arryn went pick 75; so that was always going to be wishful thinking.

Maybe he wasn't putting good forward pressure on; or I had too many beers that night but I actually thought he did ok against the Filth in his last game before he got dropped.

He has some tools but I think we may have been all seduced by his booming kick. He doesn't seem to have a great tank to play in the midfield or across half back and he's not really tall enough to play in a key position.

I read on here that Spencer White is going to the U.S. to do high altitude training to get ready for preseason training. While he's shoulder injury has probably held him back, that's the type of commitment and dedication he needs to show if he is any chance of making it. I hope he does make it but it's not looking great for him.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Well that was irrational garbage based on idiots perception of a 20 year old and where he was at in development.

Pick 75 in a diluted draft does not become one of the best quarterbacks in the game
What pick was Sam Fisher?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Like a lot of players he would look better in a better team where he wouldn't have to work as hard for contest opportunities in the forward line. Is good overhead, plays taller than he is, and a great kick obviously, but struggled to date to learn to work hard enough at thsi level to get to enough contests and be accountable for his man going the other way. Would like to see him make it as he has some good attributes.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

55 i think

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Tank and ability to win one on ones have hampered him. Has the tools, just needs the intensity and ability to run all day. Was mentioned that he has started pre-season training already so hopefully the penny has dropped.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Despite looking a lovely kick, in his career he's kicked 22 goals, 22 behinds.

2011 5 goals 1 behind (a good start)
2012 9 goals 8 behinds
2013 6 goals 8 behinds
2014 2 goals 5 behinds.

If he's going to be a forward he needs to make more of his opportunities.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd play him every week. Every. Single. Week.

Right now, he's not going to improve in the twos. He's going to plod along there.

He needs to be thrown in the deep end, he needs to learn how to swim, and when he does, he'll be a player.

Until then, VFL footy isn't going to inspire him.

Unfortunately, different players have different trigger points, and require different methods. Beating Sipposs with a stick and playing him in the VFL just won't do it for his development.

The good news: he's already returned to the club to commence his pre-season. I'm led to believe he, and Tom Lee, have already been hitting the gym. Hopefully they realise it's now or bust.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Megamaguire
Club Player

S i p o s s

With 4 seasons under his belt A. Siposs has another pre-season in front of him.
It appears that it could be a critical one.
I wish him all the best with building up a substantial fitness base over the summer. Like many I would love to see Siposs get through a high achieving pre-season and have him feeling like he could jump out of his skin for his 5th. AFL season. Fitness; repeat efforts and focus could still save his career.
Hope so.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Rosco
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
bergholt wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

55 i think
Hird was pick 79. Not sure what the point is though. Hodge and Roo were pick 1s.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

What position should he play?

Perhaps a little small for a key forward, but it seems he wants to play as one.

Rosco
Club Player

We already have a third forward, can he make 4th forward his?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

You would think that Membrey joining us would be a kick in the pants and a direct competitor for the same spot in the team. If Sippa doesn't stake a claim on a permanent place in the 22 during 2015 it would be likely that his locker would be cleaned out at the end of the season.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
FQF
SS Life Member

HitTheBoundary wrote:Despite looking a lovely kick, in his career he's kicked 22 goals, 22 behinds.

2011 5 goals 1 behind (a good start)
2012 9 goals 8 behinds
2013 6 goals 8 behinds
2014 2 goals 5 behinds.

If he's going to be a forward he needs to make more of his opportunities.
That's not a huge data sample to go from. What are his VFL goal kicking stats (windier conditions)?

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

He was pick 75. I havent run the numbers , but i'm guessing 9 out 10 players picked in the 70's dont make it 50 AFL games. Arryn will be no different.

We all thought he was a dead-eye kick when he first came onto the scene , but that knack deserted him leaving him with a lovely looking kick, but not much else. Remember Daniel Healey who was on our list for a few years?. Well Daniel probably covered a bit more ground than Arryn.

Needs to develop a tank this preseason, but my guess is he is playing out his last AFL contract.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'd play him every week. Every. Single. Week.

Right now, he's not going to improve in the twos. He's going to plod along there.

He needs to be thrown in the deep end, he needs to learn how to swim, and when he does, he'll be a player.

Until then, VFL footy isn't going to inspire him.

Unfortunately, different players have different trigger points, and require different methods. Beating Sipposs with a stick and playing him in the VFL just won't do it for his development.

The good news: he's already returned to the club to commence his pre-season. I'm led to believe he, and Tom Lee, have already been hitting the gym. Hopefully they realise it's now or bust.

Never get this type of thing. What happens if he plays 2 games and has 3 possessions. he then has no right to play esp[ecially as others also need to get chances. Play him if he is going well enough otherwise bad luck like every other player on the list. He isn't inspired by the chance to play AFL footy by playing well in the VFL then he isn't the right player that we need.