flowering crocodile tears

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

flowering crocodile tears

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... 1zzsu.html

the filth make me want to vomit....grab all the blockbusters...whinge, scream and kick like hell against any levy to even things up...refuse to share anything at all like the bullying big brother you wished you never had....then have the gaul to act surprised that some of the poorer clubs with crap stadium deals start to look like they may go under.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: flowering crocodile tears

stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... 1zzsu.html

the filth make me want to vomit....grab all the blockbusters...whinge, scream and kick like hell against any levy to even things up...refuse to share anything at all like the bullying big brother you wished you never had....then have the gaul to act surprised that some of the poorer clubs with crap stadium deals start to look like they may go under.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Indeed Stinger. Spare us the condescending bullsh@t, especially from that über wanker Pert. I'll place my trust in the AFL to do the right thing by us. Anything the Filth does has to be tinged with self-interest.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

When the AFL look at how they divide their vast income each year they need to factor in giving the poorer clubs a lot lot more money than they give them now.

The AFL should oversee clubs finances and put money in where it's needed each year, it's all right for the AFLPA to say the players want more and will demand more in the
next agreement, BUT, they'll actually, collectively, get less if clubs are deemed insolvent.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood are like the mafia dons that send christmas hams to the wives of their slain victims. Trying to feel like good guys when doing their best to feather their own nest at the expense of everyone else. It reminds me of when they wanted to ditch everyone but Essendon, carlton and the Pies. That would be an enthralling league.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Collingwood are like the mafia dons that send christmas hams to the wives of their slain victims. Trying to feel like good guys when doing their best to feather their own nest at the expense of everyone else. It reminds me of when they wanted to ditch everyone but Essendon, carlton and the Pies. That would be an enthralling league.
Inbreds

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Austinnn
Club Player

gringo wrote:Collingwood are like the mafia
This is the truth.

Agree with everything in this thread. When McGuire finally pisses off hell probably be lauded as a fat aussie Jesus by pie people. Makes me sick.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I had already read that article, and for the life of me couldn't work our what Pert's argument was. What's he driving at? What's their angle? Without all the other teams, there is no Collingwood.

And if we go the way of Soccer, interest will fade. There will be a big 5-6 clubs, and the smaller ones make up the numbers. Soccer gets by as there are 4 or 5 competitions, promotion/ relegation to keep smaller clubs interested.

We have one competition, and if only a few can win, it will diminish.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... 1zzsu.html

Well, to be fair, he did play for Fitzroy, so he knows what it's like to be at the smallest club in the league.

I was sceptical about overlooking Petracca, but have high hopes that McCartin could become the next Plugger and reinvigorate the supporter base again.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:I had already read that article, and for the life of me couldn't work our what Pert's argument was. What's he driving at? What's their angle? Without all the other teams, there is no Collingwood.

And if we go the way of Soccer, interest will fade. There will be a big 5-6 clubs, and the smaller ones make up the numbers. Soccer gets by as there are 4 or 5 competitions, promotion/ relegation to keep smaller clubs interested.

Those quots were taken from a short phone call he took on SEN the other morning. He also mentioned that it took Collingwood a while to 'get the fixture right' - 'fix' is right!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

His angle in my mind is this
- Collingwood wants to build a stadium - I am guessing around 35,000
- they plan it to be an all reserved seat stadium for their own games
- force their other members into Foxtel and possibly one day at per view TV / Web broadcasting
- they need more games there to make it economical
- this is the start of their pitch to get uneconomical games at Etihad played at their new stadium

This will be beneficial to them and supposedly less disastrous for the clubs playing there rather than at Etihad short term but long term they will screw everyone!

I only pray that when the AFL owns Etihad that they reward the clubs that played uneconomical games there to pay off the stadium on the AFLs behalf with a payout or a % ownership in the stadium to reflect their contribution.

The AFL also really needs to build a 30,000 capacity boutique ground to host intestate sides playing low drawing local sides and this stadium needs to be a combination of stands and standing room areas like the old local ground. Maybe 10,000 seats max.

The stadium needs parking and rail station.

Punt Rd oval would be the most logical with day games held there and night games at the MCG.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:His angle in my mind is this
- force their other members into Foxtel and possibly one day at per view TV / Web broadcasting
- this is the start of their pitch to get uneconomical games at Etihad played at their new stadium

This will be beneficial to them and supposedly less disastrous for the clubs playing there rather than at Etihad short term but long term they will screw everyone!

I only pray that when the AFL owns Etihad that they reward the clubs that played uneconomical games there to pay off the stadium on the AFLs behalf with a payout or a % ownership in the stadium to reflect their contribution.

The AFL also really needs to build a 30,000 capacity boutique ground to host intestate sides playing low drawing local sides and this stadium needs to be a combination of stands and standing room areas like the old local ground. Maybe 10,000 seats max.

Punt Rd oval would be the most logical with day games held there and night games at the MCG.
There is no way Punt rd could ever hold anything close to 30k though and as much as people say they want standing room the fact is younger people don't want it. They have never had it and I would be guessing with pretty much certainty that they would hate it. Also Etihad once owned by the AFL will make profits with small crowds just as the G does so im doubting they would want another ground.

wally
Club Player

Carlton had the foresight to get this going when they put money into Princess Park all those years ago.
Not sure why it failed but I think most people agree Melb needs a Kardina Park.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

when does the afl get to purchase the dome for $1?
what year?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

This what the Hillbillies are already doing... $825K profit from average crowd of only 26,000. (Which costs us ~$75K at Dockedlands. :evil: )

Now, the Skunks are waking up. (Now just watch Carlscum try do get back onto Princes Park.)

The penny is dropping elsewhere.

If we want to compete with the big clubs and the AFL-gifted interstate abominations... we simply must get back to our Junction. And we have the advantage that the vanilla teams don't have, and can't match... the iconic suburb that is funky town St Kilda. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:when does the afl get to purchase the dome for $1?
what year?

I think it will be around the time the roof is starting to rust through and the concrete starts to crumble. Then the AFL will hand ownership to the Dogs, North and Saints were they will force them to move again or pay the maintenance and upgrade costs. They will then sell the real estate and we will pay off the next stadium they build if we are still around.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:I had already read that article, and for the life of me couldn't work our what Pert's argument was. What's he driving at? What's their angle? Without all the other teams, there is no Collingwood.

My thinking is he's doing the positive negative. He wants to suggest they jettison all the drainers so that all their profits come back to them. It would be extremely controversial to say ditch them but calling for a "review" means that he's hoping the report shows the operating costs of a few melbourne clubs make them unsustainable and they get to take a bigger slice of the pie.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

There is no way Punt rd could ever hold anything close to 30k though and as much as people say they want standing room the fact is younger people don't want it. They have never had it and I would be guessing with pretty much certainty that they would hate it. Also Etihad once owned by the AFL will make profits with small crowds just as the G does so im doubting they would want another ground.
Since when did the AFL care about ground attendance - don't want to stand in the outer when all 10,000 seats are sold out ... Watch on Foxtel or pay per view.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Since when did the AFL care about ground attendance - don't want to stand in the outer when all 10,000 seats are sold out ... Watch on Foxtel or pay per view.

Of course they care about attendances but they also care about TV. There is no way a city ground would be built with 20K standing. Not in todays society.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Of course they care about attendances but they also care about TV. There is no way a city ground would be built with 20K standing. Not in todays society.
You may be right but the AFL will also want a stadium that can hold 30,000 maximum without it costing them a fortune in investment to avoid the operational losses on games that are creating the majority of losses and accumulated debt.

The quicker they find a solution - the better.

Owning Etihad will only part solve the problem.