Thugg Bugg cleared

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thugg Bugg cleared

Accidental contact with Roo.

No charges laid.

Discuss.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Thugg Bugg cleared

Quel surprise!

I knew that would be the end result.

I'm even more glad that Josh Bruce and I think Joey squared up on him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Looked like an accident to me. Obviously on a Saints site you cant say that so I will go with corrupt everything.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Looked like an accident to me. Obviously on a Saints site you cant say that so I will go with corrupt everything.
Good boy. You are learning!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Looked like an accident to me. Obviously on a Saints site you cant say that so I will go with corrupt everything.
Triple M saying behind the goals footage looked bad for Bugg. Don't know why they looked at apparently you can charge into a players back these days.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Looked like he had his eyes on the ball and accidentally cannoned into the back of Riewoldt.

But then again Farmer runs into Baker and Baker got 7 weeks.

Maybe Riewoldt will get cited

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Triple M saying behind the goals footage looked bad for Bugg. Don't know why they looked at apparently you can charge into a players back these days.

Its corruption. They want us out of the AFL. Im just unsure how not suspending Bugg helps us get out of the AFL. Anyway the 6 or so who commented on SEN thought he would get off. Patrick Smith didn't comment because they went onto to something else but by the sounds of it he thought he should be suspended. Actually Martin Blake thought it was a suspendable incident as well.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 06 Apr 2015 5:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
According to the full report, they looked at the downfield views. The one thing that makes me believe if was accidental contact was the fact that he made chest in contact with Roo, if he intentionally meant to crash into him you would've thought that he would have turned side on and got him with his shoulder to protect himself

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:
CURLY wrote:
According to the full report, they looked at the downfield views. The one thing that makes me believe if was accidental contact was the fact that he made chest in contact with Roo, if he intentionally meant to crash into him you would've thought that he would have turned side on and got him with his shoulder to protect himself
Yeah - probably.

Still I liked the fact Bruce and Weller squared up on Bugg. Shows the kids that their back is covered if an opposition player hits them with what they see as a cheap shot

PJ
SS Life Member

Don't know about the corruption theories but the interpretation of "accidental" would seem a little lenient given the impact. Actually I'm not sure that the use of accidental is even appropriate give no one knows what he was thinking Tribunal should steer clear of interpreting intension all together unless of course it's deliberate aggression. The decision should consider the outcome and ability to avoid contact if indeed they consider he didn't intend the contact.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

It should at least have been a free kick to Riewoldt - and then taken by the closest St Kilda player. Had that happened the whole complexion of the outcome of the game. I don't think we would've won though.
Look, accidental contact can be bad too, but there is no doubt that the umpires absolutely sucked yesterday. Some of the ducking of the head paid as to high were laughable for starters.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:It should at least have been a free kick to Riewoldt - and then taken by the closest St Kilda player. Had that happened the whole complexion of the outcome of the game. I don't think we would've won though.
Look, accidental contact can be bad too, but there is no doubt that the umpires absolutely sucked yesterday. Some of the ducking of the head paid as to high were laughable for starters.
Yep, it had to be a free kick

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:It should at least have been a free kick to Riewoldt - and then taken by the closest St Kilda player. Had that happened the whole complexion of the outcome of the game. I don't think we would've won though.
Yep, it had to be a free kick

Of course it should have been a free.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Saw a different angle just now, it showed it wasn't deliberate free kick nothing else.. Let's move on.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't convinced it was intentional but was convinced that the umpires needed drug testing after missing the free kick. The one earlier that they missed when his defender punched his head instead of the ball was pretty bad too.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

It happened right in front of me , I just thought it was another case of roo being taken out of a contest .
I did worry when he didn't get up .
It did look worse on the replay from the other side .

Would Roo think he the softest target in the AFL ?
Over his entire career he has been pollaxed so many times , it amazing he can still walk .
Yet the players who attempt to end his day/ career never seem to cop any penalty .

Deledio gets 2 weeks down to 1 with a early plea for rough conduct but bugg gets nothing when he looked to have used twice the force that delidio did .
Still this will be the usual first of many MRP decisions that don't make sense this year !

In red white and black from 73
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Did look like Bugg was watching the ball and Roo backed back. Looked like an accident.
Im still fuming over no free kick at Lonie with 12m to go.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:Saw a different angle just now, it showed it wasn't deliberate free kick nothing else.. Let's move on.
With all due respect, most commentators on the Monday night shows disagree with you except for Whateley. He knew exactly what he was donig imo.

gringo wrote:I wasn't convinced it was intentional but was convinced that the umpires needed drug testing after missing the free kick. The one earlier that they missed when his defender punched his head instead of the ball was pretty bad too.
Even Eddie everywhere reckons we were hard done by by the umpires in the last few minutes of the game.. They missed Roo's free and one to Lonie, plus the really suss one they gave up the other end that resulted in the giants last goal. as i said in another thread chalk up the 4 points to the maggots.

Roo could have been given another two frees as well.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

shoudve got a free maybe
dunno

its done and dusted, he is fine, we lost
bring on gold coast

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The only was to look at this and keep your sanity is this....

They've cleared Bugg knowing full well the way the system is set up, he probably walks anyway - the contact was maybe medium, no high contact, ball was close enough to be called in play, etc.

But they know full well it was a bit of a dogs act, so they've turned a blind eye to the square-ups and made no mention of retaliations from Bruce, Montagna and others. There was one beauty that Joey got in about 80m behind the play on the outer wing that nobody spotted, among others.

If the trade off is that Bugg walks, but we have all of our boys available next week, then I'd take that every day.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote: There was one beauty that Joey got in about 80m behind the play on the outer wing that nobody spotted, among others.
yeah I noticed that. Well done.

Regardless of the outcome Bugg needs to be reminded that he is a sniper from now on - even if it is not true, perception is reality, us against them etc.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
St Chris wrote: There was one beauty that Joey got in about 80m behind the play on the outer wing that nobody spotted, among others.

Regardless of the outcome Bugg needs to be reminded that he is a sniper from now on - even if it is not true, perception is reality, us against them etc.
I saw it with Bugg on his hands and knees with Joey walking off.

I'm surprised the MRP didn't ping him for that.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

I saw it with Bugg on his hands and knees with Joey walking off.

I'm surprised the MRP didn't ping him for that.

Yeah, I heard some one say Montagna had given him a whack. I saw him doubled over but didn't see it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:The only was to look at this and keep your sanity is this....

They've cleared Bugg knowing full well the way the system is set up, he probably walks anyway - the contact was maybe medium, no high contact, ball was close enough to be called in play, etc.

But they know full well it was a bit of a dogs act, so they've turned a blind eye to the square-ups and made no mention of retaliations from Bruce, Montagna and others. There was one beauty that Joey got in about 80m behind the play on the outer wing that nobody spotted, among others.

If the trade off is that Bugg walks, but we have all of our boys available next week, then I'd take that every day.
Good perspective Image