changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

coopergrech
Club Player

changes for next week

In : Rooey(if fit if not White or Lee), Joey, Hickey and Templeton
Out: McCartin, Lonie, Longer and Shents

longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: changes for next week

Why this constant mention of dropping Shenton.
He has been one of our better players over the first three rounds.

One year will be our year
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:Why this constant mention of dropping Shenton.

Not an AFL player IMO but he may not be dropped because of not many options. The problem is we have many players who wont be good enough once we improve a little and he is one. He isn't the only one.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

disagree
think he holds his end up and i reckon he will keep his spot if he keeps giving the efforts he is giving

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:Why this constant mention of dropping Shenton.

Not an AFL player IMO but he may not be dropped because of not many options. The problem is we have many players who wont be good enough once we improve a little and he is one. He isn't the only one.
Agree. Can't question his effort, which the coaches would love but you'd be hoping that Acres or McKenzie (or someone else in the VFL) will be an upgrade on him at some point.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Hopefully Roo Joey will be ins

Saad McCartin may struggle to hold spots

Hope to see Webster back soon

bigballs
Club Player

In: Roo and Joey (if fit), otherwise, I don't know......it all depends on who plays well for Sandy on Sunday.

Out: McCartin, Lonie.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Players such as Shenton, geary,Weller ,need to be back ups and not regulars down the track. They are bit part players but no better, and when not at there best not up to top 8 standard.

Hopefully they show some more common sense selecting paddy next time.
Like to get a look at Mckenzie, speed , skills aggression, get him in. Webster if fit

Bring back the Lockett era
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

In: Hickey, Joey, Acres, McKenzie, Webster (if available)

Out: Longer (needs a break), Schneider (has liabilities around ball winning and run), Shenton (needs a break), Saad (still don't know what he really gives us), Sinclair (needs a break)

Paddy deserves another game in dry conditions when not starved of fwd 50 entries.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Schneider isn't going to be dropped. may as well say dempster.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Schneider isn't going to be dropped. may as well say dempster.
Why do you think he was good last night?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Well I think only 2 players were good and about 8 fair. he was in the fair category because I can tell you 12 worse. he cant possibly be dropped.

Andreous
Club Player

After a great first quarter some of the boys were really puffing.

Out: McCartin, Saad, Leonie
In: Hickey, Templeton and Webster

Would like to see Roo and Joey back.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Well I think only 2 players were good and about 8 fair. he was in the fair category because I can tell you 12 worse. he cant possibly be dropped.
OK, I think he was poor.
You may be right on 12 worse, but they may have upside or play in positions we haven't got anyone else.
If Joey is fit next week he should replace him IMO.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Schneider will be dropped. Demps was disappointingly quiet last night but is still integral to our defensive structure. Schneider isn't integral to anything particularly the future. He let the pies backs push up high without fear. He racked up possessions because pies didn't really care where he was. WAs he actually playing on someone because I never noticed him on anyone.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
Schneider will be dropped. Demps was disappointingly quiet last night but is still integral to our defensive structure. Schneider isn't integral to anything particularly the future. He let the pies backs push up high without fear. He racked up possessions because pies didn't really care where he was. WAs he actually playing on someone because I never noticed him on anyone.

No he wont be dropped. You need to open both eyes when watching a game and not hoped to prove right from what you wrote on here before the game. He was in our best 10 so he is safe. he came straight back after missing a week so he is safe. We need as much experience as possible so he is safe. Your other eyes needs to opened otherwise it wont be safe.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why would we drop McCartin after one game?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

No he wont be dropped. You need to open both eyes when watching a game and not hoped to prove right from what you wrote on here before the game. He was in our best 10 so he is safe. he came straight back after missing a week so he is safe. We need as much experience as possible so he is safe. Your other eyes needs to opened otherwise it wont be safe.
How was he in our best 10?
Was it the horrendous chip across the HF line that started the Pies run on in the first?
Or maybe the numerous hospital handballs to his team mates?
probably won't be dropped, but that is an issue in itself.

Interested in the 12 to be dropped before him?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Your other eyes needs to opened otherwise it wont be safe.
I'm going to meditate on this strangely fascinating cryptic enigma for a while and see if I reach some sort of Satori Plugger. Its like what the dancing dwarf would have said to Coops in his dream in Twin peaks

You do realise that Schneider was delisted last year - from the bottom team. There was a reason for that. He is slow and lets half backs run off him at will and has lost a lot of his sharpness around the ball. But apparently playing Schneider was going to win the game for us last night which is better for a young team. How Schneids is suddenly a match winner because he had a "great preseason" after being another year older and slower is beyond me. Give him another couple of years and he might the next Fyffe by that logic.

Here's an idea - lets look to the future. I thought Schneids was going to be a pseudo assistance coach and be insurance for later in the year when young players are struggling. I didn't realise we were going to rely on a delisted player to become our match winner. Like I said I understand the decision to play him in a huge game for the club but I don't agree with it and I reckon even Richo would regret it now. We needed more run out there not less. Give McKenzie or Acres a crack. There the future and we need games in them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:

How was he in our best 10?
Was it the horrendous chip across the HF line that started the Pies run on in the first?
Or maybe the numerous hospital handballs to his team mates?
probably won't be dropped, but that is an issue in itself.

Interested in the 12 to be dropped before him?
4 posts ago you said there was probably 12 worse and now you are disagreeing because I again said he wont be dropped. He was in our best 10 because at least 12 were worse. And when did I say 12 will be dropped before him? What idiot would even slightly say that. Yep he made a few mistakes otherwise he may have been third best. That cost him probably 6 positions in the best. 12 off the top of the head that were worse were Geary, Bruce, McCartin, Dempster, Wright, Lonie, Shenton, Saad, Weller, longer, Billings and Membery.

oldie60
Club Player

I would bring in Goddard at CHB. Big body and looked comfortable in NAB cup. We need a stronger marking option in our defensive half. Chips and Dempster have been carrying our defence for too long and need to be relieved of some of the grunt stuff.Let the kids have a crack.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Out: Mcartin, Lonie, Sinclair, Schneider,
In: Roo if fit, otherwise White,joey, Minchi (as long as his form is strong in vfl), acres ( ditto Minchi)

Why Mcartin played instead of spencer white is beyond me when the senior coach comes out after the game and says he wasn't ready!! Am I the only one who thought spencer looked more than up to afl standard with his very limited opportunities late last year. Could he be a worse player this year, me thinks not!! FFS give the guy a go and reward forwards who kick goals at afl level! Vfl form not the only indicator

Saint wagga
Club Player

Ps happy for Goddard to come in for Delaney but I know they won't. Denis cometti summed it up in commentary when he said re: Delaney, "Alex Rance he is not" I think he's not undroppable and thought he played poorly last night. Won't happen I know, but I don't think Delaney is indispensable. Gives zero going the other way!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:Ps happy for Goddard to come in for Delaney but I know they won't. Denis cometti summed it up in commentary when he said re: Delaney, "Alex Rance he is not" I think he's not undroppable and thought he played poorly last night. Won't happen I know, but I don't think Delaney is indispensable. Gives zero going the other way!
750 odd inside 50's made it a fraction difficult for him.

Too early to tell before Sandy play.

25 and goals from Acres, Eli and/or DMac will be too hard to ignore.

Webster should only need a week in the twos.

Lonie get a visit from the general for one of the twos boys mentioned, probably Eli, and Shenton dropped for the elite user in Webster.

Dont care what anyone says, Shentons disposal compared to Webster is poor, despite him being a trier.

Not sure what to do with Paddy, coach said he isnt ready so you would assume he goes back to the twos.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!