List decisions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

List decisions

It's a good thing our expectations have increased after a 6 point loss to the Dogs. They have had some big wraps on their young list and we lost the game more than they won it. A Dogs supporter got smart at the end of the game when I was leaving and I said to him, ' Apparently your 2 years ahead of us and you have blown 7 million on Boyd. Look forward to catching up in 2 years!!". He didn't like that!!

Gents what are your thoughts on the following players, gone or stay for the 2018 surge up the ladder-

Saunders
Curran
Wright
Saad
Simpkin
Siposs
Mark worth
Murdoch
Hickey
Lee
Templeton
Holmes

It's safe to say Mc Cartin Goddard Mc Kenzie and Billings will be top line players in the future. Sinclair will make it too.

A lot of work to do to take that next step.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: List decisions

I expect minimal list changes as there's not a lot of depth in the draft. Probably 5-6 changes MAX.

Sinclair will be upgraded to the senior list, three more taken in the draft and one traded in player and that will do us.

White, Sippos, Markworth, Minch and Simpkin would be nervous of being delisted. Fisher likely retires. There's your 5-6 gone.
Last edited by Old Mate on Sun 28 Jun 2015 2:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Saad, Simpkin, White and Siposs most vulnerable for mine.

sasaint
Club Player

IMO...

Saunders - Stay
Curran - ?
Wright - Absolutely stay
Saad - ?
Simpkin - ?
Siposs - ? (rookie?)
Mark worth - Stay
Murdoch - Absolutely stay (unless long term injury will be a star)
Hickey - Stay (Maybe potential trade if we get a good offer)
Lee - Stay
Templeton - Absolutely stay
Holmes - Promote to senior list

Question marks are subject to list management. We have to make room for the draft so someone has to go.

Patience young grasshopper
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I expect minimal list changes as there's not a lot of depth in the draft. Probably 5-6 changes MAX.

Sinclair will be upgraded to the senior list, three more taken in the draft and one traded in player and that will do us.

White, Sippos, Markworth, Minch and Simpkin would be nervous of being delisted. Fisher likely retires. There's your 5-6 gone.
I think one of Gilbert/Ray need to go to ensure we pump more games into our kids…

If Fisher, Dempster, Gilbert, Ray, Geary are all fit, they are just too tempting to play. While we are more competitive in the short term, we're just not developing enough young guys.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I expect minimal list changes as there's not a lot of depth in the draft. Probably 5-6 changes MAX.

I think one of Gilbert/Ray need to go to ensure we pump more games into our kids…

If Fisher, Dempster, Gilbert, Ray, Geary are all fit, they are just too tempting to play. While we are more competitive in the short term, we're just not developing enough young guys.
Maybe two senior guys go. Fisher and....? If I had to choose I would pick Gilbert as he's the most injury prone. That may just save Simpkin.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:

Maybe two senior guys go. Fisher and....? If I had to choose I would pick Gilbert as he's the most injury prone. That may just save Simpkin.

Ray for me. Don't see the point. Anyone can play that sort of game in that position.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Saad, Simpkin, White and Siposs most vulnerable for mine.
Agree but Saad isnt on the list so that only gets you 3 de-listings. We will need more.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I like both of them but let's be honest, we haven't really missed either of them for the first ten weeks… we could probably move both on and not damage our development… a bit like Jones & Gwilt.
Last edited by dragit on Sun 28 Jun 2015 2:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

dupe… :?:
Last edited by dragit on Sun 28 Jun 2015 2:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:

Ray for me. Don't see the point. Anyone can play that sort of game in that position.
Have to agree. Ray gives us semi reliable solid-moderate output but does play in one of the relatively more easy roles.
He is the most easily replaced.

citywest

Saunders - stay
Curran - stay
Wright - stay
Saad - delist
Simpkin - stay
Siposs - trade/delist
Markworth - stay
Murdoch - stay
Hickey - if we can get pick 20 or better then trade otherwise keep
Lee - trade/delist
Templeton - stay
Holmes - if Hickey is traded then promote to senior list

Vazelos
Club Player

I think Saad and Simpkin are gone for mine. I think Schneider is gone also. Fisher is 50 50 due to his body. A few will have 2016 to make or break. Will they keep both Gilbert and Ray on the list? Has Gilbert got any currency to trade? Dempster Montagna will play 2016.

citywest

Vazelos wrote:I think Saad and Simpkin are gone for mine. I think Schneider is gone also. Fisher is 50 50 due to his body. A few will have 2016 to make or break. Will they keep both Gilbert and Ray on the list? Has Gilbert got any currency to trade? Dempster Montagna will play 2016.
If anyone offers even a third round pick for Gilbo I would take it. After all, didn't we get Fisher with pick 55? :D

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Saunders - stay
Curran - stay
Wright - stay
Saad - delist
Simpkin - stay
Siposs - trade/delist
Markworth - stay
Murdoch - stay
Hickey - if we can get pick 20 or better then trade otherwise keep
Lee - trade/delist
Templeton - stay
Holmes - if Hickey is traded then promote to senior list
You would seriously contemplate trading Hickey - and then promoting Holmes to the senior list?!?! That defies logic. It would take a millenium to get Holmes ready to do the sort of things Hickey and Longer do now. Holmes is a feel good story - nothing more. We are a better side with Hickey in it. We wouldn't get anywhere making a decision like that.
Markworth won't make it. Sorry, body can't take the rigours of the professional game.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:I think Saad and Simpkin are gone for mine. I think Schneider is gone also. Fisher is 50 50 due to his body. A few will have 2016 to make or break. Will they keep both Gilbert and Ray on the list? Has Gilbert got any currency to trade? Dempster Montagna will play 2016.
Ray got his 200th. Thanks Farren, but this will be his last year.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Vazelos
Club Player

Someone made an interesting point that Ray wasn't missed too much in the first 10 rounds. That actually is true. I think he turns 30 next year and whilst he is still playing at his top level you would look at a Mc Kenzie and say he would play in that position and we would be better off getting 20 games into him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think finding space for 5 or 6 new players (including Sinclair) wont be all that challenging.
White, Simpkin, Sippos, Ray, Fisher for starters.

NoMore
Club Player

Why is everyone assuming Fisher will retire. He has stated that he would like to play on if he still feels good.

We are a much better team with him in it.

With Ray, Gilbert and Schnieder gone we are going to need some experience and Fisher is still a great decision maker and is able to play on the really big forwards.

I would love to see Fisher play one more year and give Goddard the chance to come in playing on the 3rd tall while we let him develop

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Fisher's body says he won't play on. The bloke is sadly a cripple.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Fisher is done
Ray to go
Schneider surely will go

Gilbert.... IF offered 3rd Id do it

May as well start the next drop now cause we know some older players have been propping us up this far

“Yeah….nah””
SinCitySainter
Club Player

Schneider is likely to go.
Fisher may also pull the pin.
Gilbert and Ray may well be looked at.
Markworth unfortunately is finished as his body just cannot handle the game.
White and Saad will not be offered another year.
Siposs and Simpkin are both at risk of being delisted.
Sinclair and possibly Holmes may get promoted.
Everybody else should be fine for at least one more year

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I think there is some low hanging fruit to cut.
Simpkin gone
Schnider gone
Fisher gone
Markworth gone
Saad gone
Siposs gone
One or both of Ray and Gilbert gone.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Either way I think from names posted we all agree this list has probably got another 5-8 replacements needed to improve it
Somebig drafting to come..

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Either way I think from names posted we all agree this list has probably got another 5-8 replacements needed to improve it
Somebig drafting to come..

Agreed. At least 8 players short. maybe more depending on who improves.