Just a dirty day in the office

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Just a dirty day in the office

We all have them. It was the Clubs turn today. Don't make more of it then needed. Just one of those days.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just a dirty day in the office

tony74 wrote:We all have them. It was the Clubs turn today. Don't make more of it then needed. Just one of those days.

Such reassuring words. I feel much better now. Anyway I don't think it was that bad. Had plenty of the pill just stuffed up under pressure. That will happen with the age of players we have. To many young and old guys. That will change in the next 2 years.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

A good third quarter that was only spoilt by the sireen going! I'm with P66 and tony74 in their assessment.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Roo's injury Tony?

Saintsational Legend

Yes, let's not analyse a really poor performance, can't we just bask in last weeks huge win again?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Zero. You reckon he would miss next week?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:We all have them. It was the Clubs turn today. Don't make more of it then needed. Just one of those days.

Such reassuring words. I feel much better now. Anyway I don't think it was that bad. Had plenty of the pill just stuffed up under pressure. That will happen with the age of players we have. To many young and old guys. That will change in the next 2 years.
I think you may being a tad facetious there Plugger. Anyhow we agree.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Zero. You reckon he would miss next week?
WTF, Why did he miss an entire quarter then with the game in the balance?

We already lost Montagna early in the year after a really poor emotional based selection, while this is obviously a big thing personally for nick, I wish the club were as professional as they talked up...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I certainly was. How was Luke Obrien today or Julie Rackstraw?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I certainly was. How was Luke Obrien today or Julie Rackstraw?

Didn't see them, I wasn't at the ground. Sorry.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

best part of that match was when it finished. I logged on to the VFL website in time to see us finishing off our comeback against Coburg. Holmes, Murdoch and Sipposs looked good. Did Hickey play? Longer may get a week, and Membrey isn't hitting the scoreboard, so either McCartin or Hickey could come in, especially if Roo has aggravated his calf again...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
longtimesaint
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:best part of that match was when it finished. I logged on to the VFL website in time to see us finishing off our comeback against Coburg. Holmes, Murdoch and Sipposs looked good. Did Hickey play? Longer may get a week, and Membrey isn't hitting the scoreboard, so either McCartin or Hickey could come in, especially if Roo has aggravated his calf again...
Can't see why Longer should get a week for that.
They have only given fines for a lot worse this season.

One year will be our year
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Great win by the Giants.

I'm so happy for the AFL, GWS and their 261 supporters.

Oh yeah, happy for Teflon too.

Yippee!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

No way a 5goal better side than us. Looking at the stats and we had 10 more entries and close in mos areas of the game. Just lacked polish and down a little on intensity.
2 steps forward last week and today was the one step back..nothing to worry about but want to see Goddard Dmac and Paddy get a good go in last few games.

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

No way a 5goal better side than us. Looking at the stats and we had 10 more entries and close in mos areas of the game. Just lacked polish and down a little on my intensity.
2 steps forward last week and today was the one step back..nothing to worry about but want to see Goddard Dmac and Paddy get a good go in last few games.

Nee!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Great win by the Giants.

I'm so happy for the AFL, GWS and their 261 supporters.

Oh yeah, happy for Teflon too.

Yippee!
I think it's time you go check "poo poo" again cause you talking it
But whatever makes you happy I guess!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:No way a 5goal better side than us. Looking at the stats and we had 10 more entries and close in mos areas of the game. Just lacked polish and down a little on my intensity.
Of course they are a 5 goal better side than us - they sit inside the 8 and they will only improve in future not get worse
Face facts under pressure our skills are ordinary - GWS hit targets, when heat comes on we struggle
You can't even compare last week to this

“Yeah….nah””
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Hey Tony, does the club know how much we get spanked by the umpires? Can we do anything about it? I'm not saying it cost us the game at all, but nearly every week we're on the bad side of the inconsistent umpiring.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
fugazi wrote:No way a 5goal better side than us. Looking at the stats and we had 10 more entries and close in mos areas of the game. Just lacked polish and down a little on my intensity.
Of course they are a 5 goal better side than us - they sit inside the 8 and they will only improve in future not get worse
Face facts under pressure our skills are ordinary - GWS hit targets, when heat comes on we struggle

I didn't think on the day they were a 5 goal better side. The obvious thing is to look at the score but that would be far to simple. Are we a 110 point better side than Essendon. Of course not. And they will improve. Got no idea what that has to do with the comment that they aren't a 5 goal better side than us yesterday. Our skills let us down badly yesterday but the great thing is we got plenty of the ball. Experience will help in the future.

#gosaintas
Club Player

We are well on the way to being a decent side. There's a few vets in the team who can't play under pressure and a few kids with the same issue. The vets will be dropped or retire and the kids will improve or make way for others. You gotta like the endeavour for the contest and the way Richo is instilling self belief in the team. Couldn't care less about yesterday's loss. Seems that the kids at Sandy have that same self belief. Time to mix up the team a bit - too many vets in the firsts.

mambo2706
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:best part of that match was when it finished. I logged on to the VFL website in time to see us finishing off our comeback against Coburg. Holmes, Murdoch and Sipposs looked good. Did Hickey play? Longer may get a week, and Membrey isn't hitting the scoreboard, so either McCartin or Hickey could come in, especially if Roo has aggravated his calf again...
IMO Longer will be unlucky to even get a fine.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
IMO Longer will be unlucky to even get a fine.

That's what I thought, it looked like a slap more than a strike. If he goes for that when Baguley gets off with jack for punching that deflects upwards the whole system is ridiculous.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I didn't think on the day they were a 5 goal better side. The obvious thing is to look at the score but that would be far to simple. Are we a 110 point better side than Essendon. Of course not. And they will improve. Got no idea what that has to do with the comment that they aren't a 5 goal better side than us yesterday. Our skills let us down badly yesterday but the great thing is we got plenty of the ball. Experience will help in the future.
Don't think I said we are 110 point better side than Essendon infact I've already stated we aren't but facts aren't your strong suit
GWS are a better side right now and on the day were a 5 goal better side cause results show us that?? considering IF we should rise they'll be a major flag competitor over next 5 years I think their growth and improvement in line with ours is entirely relevant
That's of course thinking ahead .... You can't do that... Your a "1 loss at a time" kinda guy
How was Sunday night?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:We are well on the way to being a decent side. There's a few vets in the team who can't play under pressure and a few kids with the same issue. The vets will be dropped or retire and the kids will improve or make way for others. You gotta like the endeavour for the contest and the way Richo is instilling self belief in the team. Couldn't care less about yesterday's loss. Seems that the kids at Sandy have that same self belief. Time to mix up the team a bit - too many vets in the firsts.
Our challenge will be moving from decent side to great

“Yeah….nah””
#gosaintas
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:We are well on the way to being a decent side. There's a few vets in the team who can't play under pressure and a few kids with the same issue. The vets will be dropped or retire and the kids will improve or make way for others. You gotta like the endeavour for the contest and the way Richo is instilling self belief in the team. Couldn't care less about yesterday's loss. Seems that the kids at Sandy have that same self belief. Time to mix up the team a bit - too many vets in the firsts.
Our challenge will be moving from decent side to great
Yep - we need to nail this draft