Disgraceful Effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Disgraceful Effort

All round horrible performance.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disgraceful Effort

15 points in it, cheer up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ended up much better than that.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Went a bit early, moron

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Disgraceful thread

You are garbage - Enough said
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Some guys really need to give it a break. Enjoy the fact they had the guts to fight back. Great signs for the future.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
elizabethr
Club Player

Middo wrote:All round horrible performance.
You are a weak gutted lose.

nothing to say
Middo
Club Player

Can't believe so many happy with that weak effort when the game was up for grabs , funny how nobody said anything until a few junk time goals.
The game deserved more than what we dished up for the first 3 quarters and if you're happy with that effort well good on ya.
Att Bunk & Maddog moron..happy with a weak error riddled loss..?

Middo
Club Player

elizabethr wrote:
You are a weak gutted lose.
Not sure what a weak gutted lose is but what I watched today was pretty close.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Can't believe so many happy with that weak effort when the game was up for grabs , funny how nobody said anything until a few junk time goals.
The game deserved more than what we dished up for the first 3 quarters and if you're happy with that effort well good on ya.
Att Bunk & Maddog moron..happy with a weak error riddled loss..?

We started well and had 2 bad quarters. No one can deny that but I always thought the side they picked would struggle against a clearly better side. At least we showed something. last year that was a 100 point loss even with the other side putting the queue in the rack.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Result? Meh...

Good effort in the end we'll get a better result in Dec

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Result? Meh...

Good effort in the end we'll get a better result in Dec

Another don't care Teffers. Obviously didn't watch it then. Why would you if you don't care. Says more about you than anyone else.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Catchup footy means nothing to me.. Got a big problem in the midfield and probably need to recruit more class.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Catchup footy means nothing to me.. Got a big problem in the midfield and probably need to recruit more class.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Catchup footy means nothing to me.. Got a big problem in the midfield and probably need to recruit more class.

Im pretty sure they know that. Just need to get our later picks right. One top pick will mean we are near the bottom for years.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Winning would only have been a bonus, it was not the main aim.

This game was about getting game time into Goddard, McCartin and Templeton at AFL level.
Their games were poor enough that if they were seasoned players there would be cries for their axing back to Sandy.
But that would defeat the purpose of playing them today.
They must play again and again and then go into the next preseason knowing what they need to achieve.

The one thing that stood out to me was the need for Goddard and McCartin to get themselves tanks.
Whenever there was a stoppage or they were out of the play they were reduced to walking while opponents were running around like bees.

That may be hard for McCartin if he is limited by his diabetes.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Winning would only have been a bonus, it was not the main aim.

This game was about getting game time into Goddard, McCartin and Templeton at AFL level.
Their games were poor enough that if they were seasoned players there would be cries for their axing back to Sandy.
They must play again and again and then go into the next preseason knowing what they need to achieve.

The one thing that stood out to me was the need for Goddard and McCartin to get themselves tanks.
Whenever there was a stoppage or they were out of the play they were reduced to walking while opponents were running around like bees.

How does Diabetes hurt his footy? Please don't bring things into it that you obviously have little knowledge of. it wont effect him at all.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Catchup footy means nothing to me.. Got a big problem in the midfield and probably need to recruit more class.

Im pretty sure they know that. Just need to get our later picks right. One top pick will mean we are near the bottom for years.
No club relies on 1 top pick but everyone knows you need to also maximise mid range picks but equally your best bet of absolute cream is a top pick cause you control your own destiny more

Anyway, pointless explaining it to someone who still believes we will win last 8 and make finals...even IF we did that all that would show us right now is we either have a soft draw or did a Port and over achieved
We don't need that we need sustained success and a talent pool capable of driving our core for a number of years
Stock up Saints and choose well

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No club relies on 1 top pick but everyone knows you need to also maximise mid range picks but equally your best bet of absolute cream is a top pick cause you control your own destiny more

Anyway, pointless explaining it to someone who still believes we will win last 8 and make finals...even IF we did that all that would show us right now is we either has addict draw or did a Port and over achieved
We don't need that we need sustained success and a talent pool capable of driving our core for a number of years

Teffers you really cant debate anything without lying. Luckily no one believes the crap you write. I haven't read anyone say we will win our last 8 and make the finals so that is made up because you lack the ability to discuss something without lying. I suppose not everyone has the common sense to talk sensibly.

Middo
Club Player

To me it was the basic mistakes that was so frustrating and for people to be happy with the late goals shows how some people are happy with what was dished up.
Mav Weller take a bow as I think you were our only 4 quarter player.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Winning would only have been a bonus, it was not the main aim.

Mc Cartins game was fine, as good as just about all of Membreys games….

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:To me it was the basic mistakes that was so frustrating and for people to be happy with the late goals shows how some people are happy with what was dished up.
Mav Weller take a bow as I think you were our only 4 quarter player.
How do you know if I was happy or not? All I said was it was a disgraceful thread especially when the game wasn't even over :roll:

I was at the game (were you?) and I was terribly disappointed with the first three quarters. Comprehensively outplayed in the midfield.

i was happy with the run and spread and effort in qtr four 6 goals to zero says we played very well.
Richmond put the cue in the rack a bit, however we totally outplayed them.

Mccartin did some very nice things, Goddard had a good debut, Eli played well, and Siclair made a difference when he came on.

But you concentrate on the negatives if thats how you live your life. Dont let us stop your misery.

You are garbage - Enough said
Winmar
Club Player

We played two quarters and they played three, yet we could potentially have won it if not for some terrible turnovers. Their fans won't have gone home beaming either.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Great final quarter. We kick cleanly we win that game (and the Bombers, Dogs and GWS games) and we are in 8th spot.
% is a healthy 88.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 19 Jul 2015 10:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Are you the Richmond supporter who stormed out of Aisle 39 screaming out "S***house effort Richmond, S***hpuse effort"

Jeez, i hate to have seen if they lost. It's true that Richmind supporter do eat there young.