Changes next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Changes next week

Reckon Roo will struggle to come up and either Lonie or Sinclair may miss and also Eli.

Ins Schneider, Murdoch and Membery

Outs Roo, Sinclair and Eli.

Numpty

Re: Changes next week

plugger66 wrote:Reckon Roo will struggle to come up and either Lonie or Sinclair may miss and also Eli.

Ins Schneider, Murdoch and Membery

Outs Roo, Sinclair and Eli.
Agree re Roo.

IN:
Membrey for Roo.
Should have been Membrey for McCartin today, but at least now Paddy has that first goal out of the way.

Schneider for Ray.
Lonie at this stage clearly plays better with uncle Adam in team mentoring him, and making sure his boot laces are done up correctly.

I've already had Peta send the memo to Richo. Whatever it takes. Membrey and Templeton need a consistent run of matches to settle them into their portfolios.

- TA.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

In: Membrey, Minch
Out: Roo (calf), Eli.

Bring Schneids back for a farewell with Chips v Freo, Geelong, Sydney but not sure we need to rush him back unless Lonie or Sinclair need a rest.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Schneider, Chips and Faz to play their farewell match against Sydney Swans - last home game of the year. Leave Ray and Fisher in as they kept their spots on yesterday's performance. Make Schneids earn his spot back, and if he doesn't do that before Swans match, just play him then.
I would like to see Hickey come in for Roo, as he can play in the ruck and Membrey can't.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Saint wagga
Club Player

I think Roo will be fine. If he played yesterday and got thru the game, he doesn't have a torn calf.

In: Murdoch, Minchi
Out: Ray, Sinclair

#gosaintas
Club Player

Out : Roo, Ray

In : Membrey, Murdoch

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Membrey for Roo
Murdoch for Eli
Acres for Sinclair

spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Hickey would have been handy yesterday with the ability to take a few grabs around the ground and is a good user of the ball, and I would be playing him regardless. Longer tries hard but yet again, his opponent was the best big man on the ground.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I reckon Hickey would have been handy yesterday with the ability to take a few grabs around the ground and is a good user of the ball, and I would be playing him regardless. Longer tries hard but yet again, his opponent was the best big man on the ground.

The last part is what people forget. Gawn is in magnificent form. I worry how he may really dominate. Longer isn't going to be dropped though and I cant see a spot for Hickey.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What about The Method. Or does he need another week at Sandy?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:I reckon Hickey would have been handy yesterday with the ability to take a few grabs around the ground and is a good user of the ball, and I would be playing him regardless. Longer tries hard but yet again, his opponent was the best big man on the ground.

The last part is what people forget. Gawn is in magnificent form. I worry how he may really dominate. Longer isn't going to be dropped though and I cant see a spot for Hickey.
Yeah but Gawn can take a grab around the ground and is reasonably mobile, Longer is slow as a wet week and is not much of a pack mark, though Hickey is a good pack mark has better skills and to me is a more useful player in the team, and if we want to beat Melbourne we should be picking the team to suit the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yeah but Gawn can take a grab around the ground and is reasonably mobile, Longer is slow as a wet week and is not much of a pack mark, though Hickey is a good pack mark has better skills and to me is a more useful player in the team, and if we want to beat Melbourne we should be picking the team to suit the game.

Longer isn't going to be dropped from what I have seen this year.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Murdoch or McKenzie in for Ray.

Minchington or Ross in for Sinclair or Lonie. Or both.

Hickey or Membrey for Roo if he doesn't get up.

Give Templeton, McCartin and Goddard all another week.

There's no way Adam Schneider comes back into the team without playing any VFL footy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Murdoch or McKenzie in for Ray.

There's no way Adam Schneider comes back into the team without playing any VFL footy.

Why cant Schneider play because he missed a game? I don't get that. I reckon he is pretty certain to play in a winnable game.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Murdoch or McKenzie in for Ray.

Why cant Schneider play because he missed a game? I don't get that. I reckon he is pretty certain to play in a winnable game.
He didn't 'miss' a game, he was dropped. Dropped for having a very poor game, off the back of a few other below average games. Dropping a player for form reasons and then bringing him back in without him gaining any VFL form is pointless and sends the wrong message.

The Schneider bashing on here this season has been ridiculous, but while he has the runs on the board long term, he needs to find some VFL form before coming back into the team. He is a long way from a walk up start these days but I'm sure he can fight his way back into the side.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Schneider should play reserves. Time to move on, he brings nothing to the table.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hickey has to come into the side. Longer isn't up to scratch at the moment and it is just plain silly to play Bruce as a full forward /pinch hitting ruckman.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Hickey has to come into the side. Longer isn't up to scratch at the moment and it is just plain silly to play Bruce as a full forward /pinch hitting ruckman.

I agree but it wont happen but if it did Bruce would still be the pinch hitting ruckman.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:Hickey has to come into the side. Longer isn't up to scratch at the moment and it is just plain silly to play Bruce as a full forward /pinch hitting ruckman.

I agree but it wont happen but if it did Bruce would still be the pinch hitting ruckman.
And you said I didn't know anything about football.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Out Roo, Lonie and Ray
In Membrey, Murdoch and Mckenzie

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I cannot understand why so many want to drop Sinclair. His disposal is so clean compared with the rest of the team he does not need a lot of possessions to hurt the opposition.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="borderbarry"]I cannot understand why so many want to drop Sinclair. His disposal is so clean compared with the rest of the team he does not need a lot of possessions to hurt the opposition.[/quote]

Agreed. I can't see why so many want Lonie to stay.
I think he will be important in years to come but has a lot of improvement before he is a lock IMO

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:
borderbarry wrote:I cannot understand why so many want to drop Sinclair. His disposal is so clean compared with the rest of the team he does not need a lot of possessions to hurt the opposition.
Agreed. I can't see why so many want Lonie to stay.
I think he will be important in years to come but has a lot of improvement before he is a lock IMO

Agree, on yesterdays form it would be Lonie out not Sinclair. I thought he got us going once he came on. I thought he had a huge impact. Schneider would have been handy, he gets us out of the centre traffic with a bit of nous. People hate his little flick handballs but it's often that next possession that sets up our forward line. This year he has been pretty effective there. I'm not sure who you would bring in at the moment but I can't see a lot of changes unless Riewoldt is out.

Middo
Club Player

Schneider for Eli
Membrey for Rooey

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
saintjake
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Maybe they're planning on playing Hickey now to boost his trade value or maybe they've been playing Longer all year to boost his trade value.
Either way, one will be gone by the end of the year. We want draft picks again and lots of clubs need ruckman