Gay Pride Match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gay Pride Match

Austinnn wrote:OK. I'm not getting into more of these types of discussions on Saintsational, it is a waste of time.

Just to say: a cliché is still the truth, just not the whole truth.
Yes I think that's best.

“Yeah….nah””
HarryM
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:OK. I'm not getting into more of these types of discussions on Saintsational, it is a waste of time.
Yes it must be exhausting banging your narrow points of view down everyone's throat day in and day out, a good rest is now needed. :D

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I'll buy in.

Fantastic initiative by the club; shows some community leadership, that builds on the work we've already been doing in this area. And goes some way towards obliterating the obligatory "scandal" paragraphs that used to be trotted out every time any journo bothered to write a piece on the club. And if it attracts other sponsors and members, more power to us.

It makes me proud of our great club.

Always loyal
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't care less on what cause but I do think the game has that many causes that the impact of these things through simple fatigue lessons effectiveness

Anyway, Congupna FC needs a new toilet block I propose a toilet block round!!

“Yeah….nah””
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

SemperFidelis wrote:I'll buy in.

Fantastic initiative by the club; shows some community leadership, that builds on the work we've already been doing in this area. And goes some way towards obliterating the obligatory "scandal" paragraphs that used to be trotted out every time any journo bothered to write a piece on the club. And if it attracts other sponsors and members, more power to us.

It makes me proud of our great club.
Cool, we'll organise a "Semper Club Pride" round for you........ :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Couldn't care less on what cause but I do think the game has that many causes that the impact of these things through simple fatigue lessons effectiveness

Anyway, Congupna FC needs a new toilet block I propose a toilet block round!!
Crappy idea.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stjay
Club Player

We have a round dedicated to a couple of dead policeman but when we want to have a round which supports a large community in the area we represent then it's tokenism or people are super cynical.
The club is building its profile and publicly setting its core values - demonstrating those things it stands for.
Is that so hard to understand or is there more to it than that and posters are simply too frightened to speak what is really on their mind?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I can understand doing it for the slain Policeman.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:I can understand doing it for the slain Policeman.
Why? All workplace deaths are a tragedy what is so special about these policeman?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
Why? All workplace deaths are a tragedy what is so special about these policeman?
You really are a piece of work.
If you can't understand the difference then you are not worth my time.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
I quite frankly I don't. I know you think they're special but there are, every year, 100's of hardworking honest Joe's and Jane's that have families that love them and rely on them that go off to work and never come home - which is heartbreaking. Singularly each of them are a tragedy.
That's It is your bias and your contradiction not mine, don't get it twisted.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
I quite frankly I don't. I know you think they're special but there are, every year, 100's of hardworking honest Joe's and Jane's that have families that love them and rely on them that go off to work and never come home - which is heartbreaking. Singularly each of them are a tragedy.
when you go to work the worse you can expect is an accident. Spend a day in their shoes...I expect you wouldn't.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

What is wrong with the its raining men and molly comment.
Every year in Sydney is the biggest weekend based on what has been referred to as "cliché". There are many gay people who don't
live their lives dancing on floats in feathers and sparkles, but mardi gras in Sydney is fantastic. A whole weekend that culminates in a parade of clichés.
I love it.

As for the slain policeman, it is not a round dedicated to remembering them (wish it was) it is one match a year between stkilda and hawthorn. Because both policeman barracked for one of the clubs and the clubs wanted to help the family. I have loved watching the little boy of the slain policeman grow up over the years.

I also like indigenous round.

I'm still trying to understand Red round though.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
when you go to work the worse you can expect is an accident. Spend a day in their shoes...I expect you wouldn't.
Yeah that's why so many workers die each year. And you're right I wouldn't do their job....coz I don't need the power trip.
There are plenty of more dangerous and under-appreciated professions out there.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
Yeah that's why so many workers die each year. And you're right I wouldn't do their job....coz I don't need the power trip.
Being a Policeman is a power trip ? I was right, you don't deserve my time.

stjay
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
Being a Policeman is a power trip ? I was right, you don't deserve my time.
I get it. You worship authority & venerate police over other ordinary workers. Check your bias.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

:roll:
there is good and bad in every profession
just like life

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:The fans could camp out to watch it on the big screen
And each bring a pouffe to sit on.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

HarryM wrote:
Yes it must be exhausting banging your narrow points of view down everyone's throat day in and day out, a good rest is now needed. :D
Glad to see you alive, well and back posting Harry M.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Me too, besides one supported the hawks, the other the saints. Both gave their lives trying to protect the community.They are now properly remembered by the two relevant clubs.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
plus one

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
stjay wrote:
Power trip? What's the matter with you?

stjay
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Me too, besides one supported the hawks, the other the saints. Both gave their lives trying to protect the community.They are now properly remembered by the two relevant clubs.
Yeah and the police are no different to a whole range of professions that are dangerous or give themselves selflessly to society to make it a better safer place but we don't recognise them.
We rightly venerate our veterans who rallied to defend this country and put themselves in immediate danger with a high expectation that they will be killed.
But of course no-one cares about a bunch of "queens" who supposedly "chose" their lifestyle only to be ostracised and discriminated against by society and have very high rates of suicide.
If you can make room to support one why not the other?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:
saynta wrote:
Yeah and the police are no different to a whole range of professions that are dangerous or give themselves selflessly to society to make it a better safer place but we don't recognise them.
We rightly venerate our veterans who rallied to defend this country and put themselves in immediate danger with a high expectation that they will be killed.
But of course no-one cares about a bunch of "queens" who supposedly "chose" their lifestyle only to be ostracised and discriminated against by society and have very high rates of suicide.
If you can make room to support one why not the other?
Who is saying we can't.

Locals322
Club Player

I can't say I am particularly for this because the root of the problem is mate it's gay round, it's kosher round, it's anything but straight white male with a family round despite making up 95% of the audience it just loses it's appeal basically.

No one even knows who silk miller is, Carlton have destroyed the beyond blue cup. We've pretty much ruined Anzac Day by playing infront of 3 fans in New Zealand :roll: How inclusive is that.

It's just another 'round' 'idea' that will produce no tangible outcome/result/change or meaning but anyway carry on. I am really don't give a shoot.

Trying to find a marquee match and it's not really gonna work. I don't know how we can get more popular we get a fair displaying in the media and have been recently sucessful is gay round gonna turn us into a powerhouse meh... Swannies are sponsored by Volve and we've got some f****** unknown iced coffee plastered all over us, good work sainters.

Give me a Warnie if you're Horney
Last edited by Locals322 on Mon 03 Aug 2015 4:51pm, edited 2 times in total.