Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Jake Carlisle

Jake Carlisle to StK is becoming a very strong possibility - the player is keen to come to the Saints with the offer of good $$ and playing without interruption in his preferred position at full back. The Dogs are out of the race and Carlton are looking to rebuild through the Draft, not through Trades.
Pick #5-6 in this years Draft is worth about 10-12 in previous years - our preferred target Parish will most likely be gone by this stage, making our first pick less desirable to keep.
At this stage pick 5-6 + pick 40(odd) for Carlisle + pick 20(odd) would be on the cards.

From a personal perspective, I think this is very exciting. The guy is a gun Full-Back and would almost complete our spine for the next 10 years: FB - Carlisle , CHB - Goddard, C - Armitage/Steven, CHF - Bruce, FF - McCartin.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

The only problem being we may not see him play with us until 2018.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:The only problem being we may not see him play with us until 2018.

Not an issue. Even if they are found guilty I think 6 months will see it out afterall this has gone on for 3 years and the players have been effected enough I think. Still a bit to high a price to pay. Love to have a player we could swap plus our second rounder.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Jake Carlisle to StK is becoming a very strong possibility - the player is keen to come to the Saints with the offer of good $$ and playing without interruption in his preferred position at full back. The Dogs are out of the race and Carlton are looking to rebuild through the Draft, not through Trades.
Pick #5-6 in this years Draft is worth about 10-12 in previous years - our preferred target Parish will most likely be gone by this stage, making our first pick less desirable to keep.
At this stage pick 5-6 + pick 40(odd) for Carlisle + pick 20(odd) would be on the cards.

From a personal perspective, I think this is very exciting. The guy is a gun Full-Back and would almost complete our spine for the next 10 years: FB - Carlisle , CHB - Goddard, C - Armitage/Steven, CHF - Bruce, FF - McCartin.
He probably won't be playing in 2016/7, so no thanks.

Rosco
Club Player

Good to have him but hate to give them anything.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Jake Carlisle to StK is becoming a very strong possibility - the player is keen to come to the Saints with the offer of good $$ and playing without interruption in his preferred position at full back. The Dogs are out of the race and Carlton are looking to rebuild through the Draft, not through Trades.

Where does this come from?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Rosco
Club Player

I'm guessing the same place most of this comes from.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

3 picks would be completely insane. Utter lunacy. The Bombers will demand the world for this guy.
Pick 6 maybe - but no way to 20 and 40.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

3 picks would be completely insane. Utter lunacy. The Bombers will demand the world for this guy.
read it again Con
he is saying 20 odd comes back our way

So we end up with Carlisle and go to the draft with 2 early 20's picks

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

read it again Con
he is saying 20 odd comes back our way

So we end up with Carlisle and go to the draft with 2 early 20's picks
Gotcha Sweet :D Ok. thats more like it.

Carlisle + picks 23 + 24 seems certainly something I wouldn't mind at all. Seems reasonable.
Would give Bummers 5 & 6 which they desperately need and if he is an unhappy chappy there then it is a win-win really for both sides.
Perfect age for us really.

Maybe we can jag another top 40 pick some other way.
Carlisle + 3 top x 40 picks would be ok in my books.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Ess should be happy if anyone takes him, Ess is not in a position to bargain at the moment.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

looks youd consider it depending on the essendope saga
but id try to give them F*** all to get him
i mean if he is no good to play for over a year is that what we really want?

who is the sauce of this trade rumor ?

quidnunc
Club Player

They need a ruckman - we need a FB/CHB.

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:looks youd consider it depending on the essendope saga
but id try to give them F*** all to get him
i mean if he is no good to play for over a year is that what we really want?

who is the sauce of this trade rumor ?
Finey

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

quidnunc wrote:They need a ruckman - we need a FB/CHB.

I think they are getting Luenberger unfortunately otherwise we have plenty.

SuperDuper
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

got a sauce on Luenberger Pluggs?

Also... serious question.. is Finey a reliable sauce re carlisle? based in history?

I am sure it is all pretty fluid at this stage, especially any Essendndon dealings... cant see anyone going there if half their team is outed for a year or so

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

got a sauce on Luenberger Pluggs?

Also... serious question.. is Finey a reliable sauce re carlisle? based in history?

I am sure it is all pretty fluid at this stage, especially any Essendndon dealings... cant see anyone going there if half their team is outed for a year or so
Mentioned on channel 7 the other night. As for Finey well im unsure he gets much more than anyone else unless a player is managed by a guys who appear on his program. I will ask him Saturday if he umpires our footy.

lewdogs
Club Player

I heard this rumour from a Essendon mate. Would do it for the 1st rounder if we got their second rounder back.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

lewdogs wrote:I heard this rumour from a Essendon mate. Would do it for the 1st rounder if we got their second rounder back.
The only first rounder we have is pick #6.

You seriously want to give up our #6 for Carlilse.

lol - really

You are garbage - Enough said
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Pick 5 or 6 for a GOP who might not play for years. No thanks. No more Lovett like deals with the cheaters.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

How loudly should I say NO?

Sheedy & Hird are probably busy right now writing references for him !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Pick 5 or 6 for a GOP who might not play for years. No thanks. No more Lovett like deals with the cheaters.
By GOP you mean 'Genuinely Ordinary Player', don't you? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah

nahhh

the more i think about it for pick 5 or 6 the more i think they can bash it up their ass tbh

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saynta wrote:Pick 5 or 6 for a GOP who might not play for years. No thanks. No more Lovett like deals with the cheaters.
By GOP you mean 'Genuinely Ordinary Player', don't you? !!
Well. I think Jack did, but who really knows.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

surely after WADA, all his worth would be a packet of chips and a dim sim?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM