Hird sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hird sacked

Gone. Hopefully after the WADA hearing it all gets back to close to normal. Better for all footy fans.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Hird sacked

Inevitable.

No self-respecting "coach in waiting" is gonna touch that with a 50ft pole though....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Inevitable.

No self-respecting "coach in waiting" is gonna touch that with a 50ft pole though....

I don't see why not. Most involved have gone now. There will be plenty wanting to coach them. Even if the players are found guilty I doubt the penalty will be much at all and there will be lucky to be 12 to 15 players on the list involved anyway.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

One more twist for Goddard's movie!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The players have spoken..Their performances have told the tale. They sent a strong message in the last month. Sack this flog.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

time was bound to run out eventually... any time you get opposition players comenting that the playing group are fighting and arguing amongst themselves you know things aint right ....
im sure Hird will have a nice pay out from this

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:The players have spoken..Their performances have told the tale. They sent a strong message in the last month. Sack this flog.

Probably true but the CAS appeal has obviously really destroyed the players commitment to footy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Good news for the saints. If Melbourne do the right thing and the Bombers win a game then pick 4 is back in play for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Good news for the saints. If Melbourne do the right thing and the Bombers win a game then pick 4 is back in play for us.

Bombers have to win 2 out of 3 and we cant win one. More likely 5 still.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:The players have spoken..Their performances have told the tale. They sent a strong message in the last month. Sack this flog.

Probably true but the CAS appeal has obviously really destroyed the players commitment to footy.
Thanks Robbo.
Sounds like the Hird apologist line.
Wada aside there is no evidence Hird could coach. Did he have any idea what was going on once Bomber left?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
Sounds like the Hird apopogist line.

What a stupid statement. Starting early today? CAS effected the players obviously and I agreed that the last few weeks they have also had enough of Hird. Grow up Con.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
Wada aside there is no evidence Hird could coach. Did he have any idea what was going on once Bomber left?
I think he is right though ....the players would have bought into the "we are innocent you have nothing to worry about" line and when they were found not guilty I reckon they all took a collective sigh of relief ... but once the appeal came they realised that they should have taken the offer they had at the time and this mess would have never gotten this far

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good riddance I say.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 18 Aug 2015 3:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

and what does stinger have to say ??

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I was really enjoying his recent coaching :(

Hopefully he isn't spared the humiliation of a doping sanction though.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

And at 3:15 pm , on Tuesday the 18th August 2015, James will once again be "shocked to be sitting here.''

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

It is totally disingenuous to separate the WADA stuff from Hird and say wada was the negative factor, not Hird. This is Kool AId stuff of the highest order. For starters Hird was the cause of the wada investigation and second he has misled them throughout telling them they would be in the clear. It is completely ridiculous to buy Slobbo's position that wada is separate to Hird and maybe he can coach after wada goes away.

Wada and Hird are one and the same and his lies and mistruths to the players are one and the same. The players arent stupid. Their performances reveal what they think of Hird.

Adelaide have suffered much much much more hardship than the Bombers and they pulverised them by 100 points at Etihad. I mean come on.

They should have stuck with Bomber Thompson and dumped Hird last year.

Numpty

I'm gutted. Truly gutted.

I truly sad day.

For the other 17 teams. :twisted:

- TA.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Breaking news:
James Hird will launch a legal challenge on his own decision to resign!
More to follow...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
I think he is right though ....the players would have bought into the "we are innocent you have nothing to worry about" line and when they were found not guilty I reckon they all took a collective sigh of relief ... but once the appeal came they realised that they should have taken the offer they had at the time and this mess would have never gotten this far
Yes but it was Hird who led them to wada and Hird who led to them a false sense of comfort. You cant separate them. Hird was a false prophet and the penny finally dropped for the players that he was a lying deluded snake. It was always only a matter of time before the players realised it was Hird that was at fault for wada. You cant blame wada. They didn't inject anyone. They didn't lie. They didnt get conned by the oldest snake oil sales trick in the book. It was Hird Hird Hird.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 Aug 2015 3:44pm, edited 2 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:It is totally disingenuous to separate the WADA stuff from Hird and say wada was the begative factor not Hird. For starters Hird was the cause of the wada investigation and second he has misled them throughout telling them they would be in the clear. It is completely ridiculous to buy Slobbo's position that wada is separate to Hird and maybe he can coach after wada goes away.

Wada and Hird are one and the same and his lies and mistruths to the players are one and the same. The players arent stupid. Their performances reveal what they think of Hird.

Adelaide have suffered much much much more hardship than the Bombers and they pulverised them by 100 points at Etihad. I mean come on.

Just because you think the CAS hearing is responsible for the Essendon poor form doesn't mean you are separating Hird from the WADA. What a silly thing to say. I prefer to look at thir from before and after the announcement by WADA. Anyone who uses common sense sees where the form slump started. Its got worse lately and the reason maybe because of Hird. I think its pretty certain the first reason for the form slump is because of the WADA appeal.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks Robbo.
Sounds like the Hird apopogist line.

What a stupid statement. Starting early today? CAS effected the players obviously and I agreed that the last few weeks they have also had enough of Hird. Grow up Con.
?

Hows Crameri and Ryder been going ?

What about Monfries?

Aren't they in the same boat?

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:It is totally disingenuous to separate the WADA stuff from Hird and say wada was the begative factor not Hird. For starters Hird was the cause of the wada investigation and second he has misled them throughout telling them they would be in the clear. It is completely ridiculous to buy Slobbo's position that wada is separate to Hird and maybe he can coach after wada goes away.

Just because you think the CAS hearing is responsible for the Essendon poor form doesn't mean you are separating Hird from the WADA. What a silly thing to say. I prefer to look at thir from before and after the announcement by WADA. Anyone who uses common sense sees where the form slump started. Its got worse lately and the reason maybe because of Hird. I think its pretty certain the first reason for the form slump is because of the WADA appeal.
Yes it does. Do you have no brain? The players are able to connect the CAS hearing directly to Hird. They dont think 'gee I dont like this CAS hearing but gee Hirdy is a great bloke.' They think:

1. How the f*ck did it come to this?
2. Hirdy told us we had done nothing wrong.
3. Hirdy told us he would win his legal case (twice he told us this. twice he lost)
3. Hirdy told us everything we took was ok and there was no evidence of wrong-doing.
4. Hirdy told us WADA would not appeal.

I dont think we should engage in conversation because I am certain you arent very bright. I feel a bad embarrassed that you take what Robbo says as gospel.

I'll say it again - you cannot separate WADA from Hirds actions and words and relationship with players and pretend they are not co-dependent variables. If you cant see this I cant help you.

I will put it simply in baby language for you:

1: If someone has promised you something bad wont happen and then it happens, you lose trust in that person. Comprehendes?
2. When WADA appealed - then to the players, Hird had broken a promise, and they realised the Emperor had no clothes. Trust broken. relationship broken.
3. Form slump. Message sent - Hird has finally lost the players.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 Aug 2015 3:54pm, edited 2 times in total.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I was really enjoying his recent coaching :(

Hopefully he isn't spared the humiliation of a doping sanction though.
realistically once he is gone and the players either cop their whack or get let off this saga finally ends

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes it does. Do you have no brain? The players are able to connect the CAS hearing directly to Hird. They dont think 'gee I dont like this CAS hearing but gee Hirdy is a great bloke.' They think:

1. How the f*ck did it come to this?
2. Hirdy told us we had dont nothing wrong.
3. Hirdy told us he would win his legal case.
3. Hrdy told us everything we took was ok.
4. Hirdy told us WADA would not appeal.

I dont think we should engage in conversation because I am certain you arent very bright. I feel a bad embarrassed that you take what Robbo says as gospel.
Con you really get personal if people disagree with you. Early start today? You do lose the plot easily. No wonder you move around all the time. They lost the plot after WADA appealed because they thought it was over. Once it wasn't they were mentally stuffed. They have lost the plot even more lately. That may have been to do with Hird but the first reason was the WADA appeal. As you thinking I take notice of Robbo well that just shows how far off track you are. You need to stick to things you know about like Steven being slow and Ferguson being a star. That shows how your footy knowledge is going. At least when I bring things up its fact that you have said. When you get personal its not only wrong is you acting like a 10 year old kid who lost his bat and ball.