Great touch from the club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

S.A Saint
Club Player

Great touch from the club

Just received a call from Shane Savage and thanking us for the interstate membership support etc.

had a bit of a chat to him and CURLY would have loved this.. he goes yea those bloody umpires against the cats :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done to the Saints for this small thing that actually makes a big difference to us interstate supporters by making it feel like they care about us.

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
mambo2706
Club Player

Re: Great touch from the club

I've been a member for over 30 years, have only missed 2 Victorian games in over 20 years (including finals and grand finals) and have never had a player call me :(

Maybe I should move interstate :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:I've been a member for over 30 years, have only missed 2 Victorian games in over 20 years (including finals and grand finals) and have never had a player call me :(

That is one great effort. I wish I was that keen but those days are unfortunately behind me. You really do deserve a phone call. Whats your number? I will call you.

mambo2706
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
mambo2706 wrote:I've been a member for over 30 years, have only missed 2 Victorian games in over 20 years (including finals and grand finals) and have never had a player call me :(

That is one great effort. I wish I was that keen but those days are unfortunately behind me. You really do deserve a phone call. Whats your number? I will call you.
No thanks. I'm not that desperate :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No thanks. I'm not that desperate :wink:

That's harsh.

mambo2706
Club Player

To be honest I was joking about wanting a phone call from a player. Couldn't care less. But as S.A Saint said it is a great touch from the club. Hopefully it helps retain some of those members for next year.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Mambo, you epitomise everything about a Sainter. Loyal to a Tee and what sets our club apart from the others.
That is a great record of loyalty.
It seems you don't need them to call you to reaffirm your loyalty.
Please post more often !

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
S.A Saint
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:

Mambo, you epitomise everything about a Sainter. Loyal to a Tee and what sets our club apart from the others.
Please post more often !
Nowhere did i say that i needed a call to reaffirm my loyalty for the club. Just said it was a nice touch, so settle down mate.

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I think the club has been doing a lot of good work in communicating with members since Matt Finnis got on board.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
mambo2706
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:

Please post more often !
Cheers howlinwolf :D
remboy wrote:I think the club has been doing a lot of good work in communicating with members since Matt Finnis got on board.
Spot on remboy.

Rosco
Club Player

What happened for you to miss those 2 games?

mambo2706
Club Player

Rosco wrote:

First was a wedding - bride and groom were not impressed that I had earphones in at the reception and listening to the game on radio.

Second was my wife mis-read the footy fixture and booked us a holiday in NZ when the Saints were playing in Melbourne. She made up for it though by booking us another holiday the following year in NZ and I got to see our first game over there.

Rosco
Club Player

mambo2706 wrote:
Rosco wrote:

First was a wedding - bride and groom were not impressed that I had earphones in at the reception and listening to the game on radio.

Second was my wife mis-read the footy fixture and booked us a holiday in NZ when the Saints were playing in Melbourne. She made up for it though by booking us another holiday the following year in NZ and I got to see our first game over there.
Good make up with the NZ game.

I got married on Grand Prix weekend (Sunday)...unpopular with some

Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

plugger66 wrote:

oh ffs plucker66!!!!! how about giving me a call??? ? :roll: mate, just grab your axe and flowering come and join stinger, harryM :D and myself for a jam session.

mambo man, ffs that's one flowering cool name you have! you just have to be another muso, right? what do you play mate? as long as you're not one of those soft**** drummer types, then you're invited too. (that'd also save plucker the cost of that phone call.)

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
minneapolis
Club Player

mambo2706 wrote:
Rosco wrote:

Well that was pretty generous to stay with your wife after she made such a horrendous mistake.

I suppose 20 good years was worth something in her favour.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I can't see that this was posted elsewhere - Jack Billings sent out to make the day of a bloke selling the Big Issue without a roof over his head.

A really positive story. I hope the club continues to do more of this.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-2 ... nt-in-need

Always loyal
mambo2706
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:I can't see that this was posted elsewhere - Jack Billings sent out to make the day of a bloke selling the Big Issue without a roof over his head.

A really positive story. I hope the club continues to do more of this.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-2 ... nt-in-need
A good move by the club and I enjoy reading these positive stories but in fairness I think a lot of AFL footballers do great things in the community (visits to RCH etc) but without any media coverage.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if the club want to do a lot by the members then how about when i pay 500 bucks a year i can get into BOTH games in sa for free
and not be charged 65 coins a ticket like i am now for the second game
130 bucks for me and the misses you can shove that fair up ya clacker as it easily turns into a 200 buck night

Indigo Wolf

Oh wow! Should've recorded it! That guy is such a pro.

mambo2706
Club Player

Another great touch by the club - handing wrapped copies of 'Strength Through Loyalty' to various members yesterday with a note thanking them for their support.