Mad monday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Mad monday

Is it true there was no player mad Monday this year?

And if yes, really??

Can't there be something called responsibility entrusted in the players

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mad monday

terry smith rules wrote:Is it true there was no player mad Monday this year?

And if yes, really??

Given we are in the nanny state and the slightest thing offends its best to not.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I guess we'd rather see the headlines in the Herald Sun about "dwarf burning" etc etc etc, than for the players to simply have a quiet drink together, before heading away for the off-season? I for one, am happy to see the club OUT of the media for once! Do we really want to get SERIOUS about being a successful club or not? We need sponsorship and members NOT headlines in the tabloid press. (or am I missing something here?)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I guess we'd rather see the headlines in the Herald Sun about "dwarf burning" etc etc etc, than for the players to simply have a quiet drink together, before heading away for the off-season? I for one, am happy to see the club OUT of the media for once! Do we really want to get SERIOUS about being a successful club or not? We need sponsorship and members NOT headlines in the tabloid press. (or am I missing something here?)

Geelong has a mad Monday every year hasnt hurt them.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I guess we'd rather see the headlines in the Herald Sun about "dwarf burning" etc etc etc, than for the players to simply have a quiet drink together, before heading away for the off-season? I for one, am happy to see the club OUT of the media for once! Do we really want to get SERIOUS about being a successful club or not? We need sponsorship and members NOT headlines in the tabloid press. (or am I missing something here?)

Geelong has a mad Monday every year hasnt hurt them.
exactly Curly and that is my point

You have a function, the leadership group discuss some the obvious don'ts, and young guys learn to act responsibly whilst enjoying a drink, much as most of us are able to do at a work xmas party etc

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

And if yes, really??

It's being replaced by wicked wednesday I believe.

elizabethr
Club Player

Terribly Tantric Tuesday

nothing to say
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Curly and Terry Smith, is there any reason why that's not exactly what happened with the Saints this year? Do we need lurid headlines in the tabloids to let us know that the boys had an end of season drink together?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

And if yes, really??

Way over the top not having a drink on Monday. No wonder some players get up to other s*** when they cant even be trusted to have a drink together.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WHO says the players "can't be trusted" to have a drink together? Have the club made a statement to that effect? I wonder just what it is that some of our supporters want? If the players go "mad" on mad monday burning dwarves etc, and we get sponsors dropping off, then the forum goes into meltdown. If the players simply have a quiet post-season drink together the forum goes into meltdown. REALLY? just what do we want to see from our young players? The sort of behaviour we've seen in the past?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:WHO says the players "can't be trusted" to have a drink together? Have the club made a statement to that effect? I wonder just what it is that some of our supporters want? If the players go "mad" on mad monday burning dwarves etc, and we get sponsors dropping off, then the forum goes into meltdown. If the players simply have a quiet post-season drink together the forum goes into meltdown. REALLY? just what do we want to see from our young players? The sort of behaviour we've seen in the past?

Well I'm guessing the players would have wanted a drink and they aren't having one so 2 and 2 equals for in this case. And I want the sort of behaviour that Geelong seem to be able to do every year.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

What? like this year? No finals? a streaky draw against the Wooden Spoon favourites followed a week later by a belting from Colondud when their season was on the line? REALLY?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:What? like this year? No finals? a streaky draw against the Wooden Spoon favourites followed a week later by a belting from Colondud when their season was on the line? REALLY?

Jigging Saint you usually can discuss things sensibly but that answer is not sensible.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs let em get out on the piss

end of a big first year
get it out the system now and get back for pre season and bust your ass

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:Terribly Tantric Tuesday
:shock:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:WHO says the players "can't be trusted" to have a drink together? Have the club made a statement to that effect? I wonder just what it is that some of our supporters want? If the players go "mad" on mad monday burning dwarves etc, and we get sponsors dropping off, then the forum goes into meltdown. If the players simply have a quiet post-season drink together the forum goes into meltdown. REALLY? just what do we want to see from our young players? The sort of behaviour we've seen in the past?
Jigger um not sure what your definition of meltdown is, but this topic is certainly not in meltdown. I was just asking a question and making a comment, all very circumspect at this time

fqf

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:wink: my penchant for hysteria terry? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:WHO says the players "can't be trusted" to have a drink together?
My problem is with the "drink". Alcohol is terrible for the body and even at this point, bingeing is going to negatively affect their preseason. I'd be happier if they all headed out on happy pills and coke. Fewer side effects.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:WHO says the players "can't be trusted" to have a drink together?
My problem is with the "drink". Alcohol is terrible for the body and even at this point, bingeing is going to negatively affect their preseason. I'd be happier if they all headed out on happy pills and coke. Fewer side effects.

Tell me you are joking about the grog? As for taking a risk on other stuff when you have no idea what is it well I hope they don't do that. Rather them drink.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Who said their not?

Thought they were having wacky Wednesday?

Can't believe I'm typing that, sounds so immature.

Anyways, if they have to smash the grog, better in a controlled environment I suppose.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Who said their not?

Anyways, if they have to smash the grog, better in a controlled environment I suppose.

Nothing wrong with smashing the grog. As long as its limited to 4 days a week.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

SainterK wrote:Who said their not?

Wacky Wednesday will become Thirsty Thursday.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

In view of the horrific effects that alcohol and substance abuse has upon families all over the globe, and at a time when we as a society should be promoting responsible consumption of alcohol, the previous post from P66 is somewhat curious. In my humble opinion of course.
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Tue 08 Sep 2015 4:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:In view of the horrific effects that alcohol and substance abuse has upon families all over the globe, and at a time when we as a society should be promoting responsible consumption of alcohol, the previous post is somewhat curious. In my humble opinion of course.
mine?

maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Hate the stuff, just saying if they feel they have to, would rather club organises a location and makes sure nobody drives home or does something silly like ordering midgets.
Last edited by SainterK on Tue 08 Sep 2015 5:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

No mate, I was referring to the post by P66.