The Fluxed Report: Round 22 - Umpire appreciation round.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Fluxed Report: Round 22 - Umpire appreciation round.

Rodger, time to get your act together honey! I've run out of rounds, and can only milk this maybe a couple more times with a few reports on the draft, or something.

Things to like:
The brave umpires. :D
Those six undeserved free kicks they plucked out of nowhere for us, combined with their deliberately turning a blind eye to a couple of oh-so obvious frees to Columbian marching powder mob.......... well basically, we have those courageous men (in whatever oh so adorable colour they are wearing this week), to thank, as they gave us our entire score.
And for each of those six free kicks we were granted......... didn't the righteous umpires cop it from the lowest common denominator mob on the other side of the fence!!!
But our loyal umpiring boys (in whatever oh so adorable colour they are wearing this week)............. they knew what has to be done, and they held firm. Not one of our six free kicks was reversed!!!
Great work boys! This week you are heroes not to just our esteemed analyst plugger66, but you are heroes to ME! 8-) (And in light of that, you have been offered one more challenge, uh, opportunity. See the end of this report my honeys. :wink: )

Seb Ross looked good and looked composed. Those knocking him need to realise that whilst he needs to, and I believe can, improve his run and spread stuff.......... that is NOT his primary role. We need to recruit for that role, not blame Seb! :idea:

Jason Holmes got his share of tap outs. Largely coz he seemed to adjust to the high leaping of his opponent.
Yes he got outmuscled, but seeing as he trimmed down from 108kg to ~101kg, then what needs to be done there is clear and achievable.
I don't think that Billy would have got as many taps as Jason, and I know he wouldn't have got too many more possessions, nor been any quicker across the ground.
It will be interesting to see how Big Boy and Pale go against the Palm Tree this weekend. But I think the answer is already known........ they'll go crap........ and that will put Jason's game in perspective.

We again avoided a 100 point defeat. (Phew!)

Ross Lyon becoming a shattered man when his last chance at a flag is blown. :twisted:

Things not to like:
Jason Holmes is so so so slow. :shock: Ruck contests aside, we played one man short.

We again avoided a 100 point defeat. (Sigh!)

Ross Lyon not becoming a shattered man when his last chance at a flag is not blown. :evil:

Things I'd like to see:
Jason Holmes going for his marks!!! Jason, step one is get to the contests. Step two will then be that you will get your hands on the thing. Step three will then follow. You CAN do it!!! 8-)

Thing I didn't get:
Why were we so BLOODY DAMNED SLOW with our interchanging whenever they kicked a point???? :roll:

Whenever one of our blokes was kicking in, I kept counting half a dozen (yes HALF A FRIGGIN DOZEN!!!! :evil: ) more Columbian marching powder blokes, than good guys in the tri-colour! What the hell was going on there???? Where the hell were the good guys in the tricolur?????? :shock:

This week's opposition player to bag:
This section is getting way too easy.
Cripps!!!! Traitor and world's greatest downhill skier!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This week's team changes:
Stack Sandy to win a flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next year's team changes:
More on this another time (if Rodger doesn't return), but for starters.............................
GO AND PROCREATE-NO to Mr sense of self entitlement Aish! And apart from being related to some Sth Aussie footballer who was never game to come and play in the big boy's league, what the hell has this bloke got to recommend him??? Spent most of the year sooking in the Brisbane seconds who play Division 37.5 Ammos'!
GO AND PROCREATE-NO to Carlisle! Head case. Drug case.
Probably GO AND PROCREATE-NO to Bennell. Too risky. We can find someone who is as talented, but NOT too risky.

Keeps - The great White hope and Markworth.

Outs -
Farren's 2nd year on his new contract,
Ahmed :( ,
Simpkin,
Sam F (you're a club champion Sam, and you therefore deserve to go out whilst you're still playing good footy),
Saunders (it seems) :( ,
Our first draft pick - what a totally uninspiring draft top ten!!! :roll: If we can't find a decent existing player to trade it for, trade it for prime picks in an expected strong draft......... THE 2016 DRAFT!!! :idea:

Thoughts Sainters?

Thoughts, Rodger?

- Aeon.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Fluxed Report: Round 22 - Umpire appreciation round.

No bloody way Holmes should have played. No idea. Longer would have been so much better if he wasnt injured.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!