Bombers Trade History

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Bombers Trade History

Is it just me or are the Bombers universally disrespected by all clubs for being so difficult / impossible to deal with at trade week. If that is the case it could well prove very difficult for us to get Carlisle. They don't seem to figure in many trades so that must be some indication of their unhealthy view of the value of their players and also not willing to place a fair value of any players they are chasing. Thoughts?

Rosco
Club Player

Re: Bombers Trade History

he's out of contract. they'll lose him for nothing if they don't trade with us. something is better than nothing.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

My strategy would be to make them an offer... Second rounder maybe with a fringe player, then give them a cut off date and create rumblings on working on other trades to fill our needs

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yes, Essendon are pretty much the second-hand car salesmen of trades.

I hope we hold our ground and don't give them our pick 5. If they're stubborn, they could end up with nothing and we could well pick Carlisle up in the draft instead.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Bowey Boy
Club Player

They did quite well a few years back where they offloaded a bloke who liked to spend his life in the nick and other univited places to us despite a due diligence audit.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

ffs if we can get this carlisle dude in the flowering psd, then why would we even give those effndope softc***s the flowering time of day???????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

so what if we piss them off?????? no club can deal rationally with that flowering deludedoro arseclown dude anyway.....so it's not like we'd be burning any flowering bridges ffs!!!!! :evil: :evil: :roll: :evil:

carlisle in the psd.....and we'll give you flowering pick number flowering nothing.....so eat solid brown effluent effndope!!! :twisted: this one will be for flowering lovett!!! go and inject that one where the sun don't flowering shine!!! ****ers! :twisted:

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Gordo' wrote:ffs if we can get this carlisle dude in the flowering psd, then why would we even give those effndope softc***s the flowering time of day???????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

so what if we piss them off?????? no club can deal rationally with that flowering deludedoro arseclown dude anyway.....so it's not like we'd be burning any flowering bridges ffs!!!!! :evil: :evil: :roll: :evil:

carlisle in the psd.....and we'll give you flowering pick number flowering nothing.....so eat solid brown effluent effndope!!! :twisted: this one will be for flowering lovett!!! go and inject that one where the sun don't flowering shine!!! ****ers! :twisted:
So what you're trying to say, Gordo, is that you're somewhat reluctant to have us negotiate a deal with flowering Essendon? Correct?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It seems every player that wants to leave a club now nominates where they want to go.

So we may as well have free agency for all players and make it open slather with no compensation.

Just have that, the draft and salary cap and be done with it.

It's all a big charade nowadays. By nominating a club, a player effectively can screw there current club

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ripplug66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:It seems every player that wants to leave a club now nominates where they want to go.

So we may as well have free agency for all players and make it open slather with no compensation.

It's all a big charade nowadays. By nominating a club, a player effectively can screw there current club

Can you name the clubs that have been screwed because a player named another club? They may end up where they want but I think players actually want to look after their previous club now and that's why bugger all do it through the PSD.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:It seems every player that wants to leave a club now nominates where they want to go.

I'd be surprised it this hasn't always been the case.
Swapping clubs is more frequent now and footy media is always hungry for a story.
Clubs are compensated via the trade with picks and or players. Deals should be easier to complete now that future picks are on the table.

Free agency in the AFL must be a soft touch because, unlike US sports, the players are much more immature when they come to the club. The investment in them to get them to senior level standard is huge and there needs to be a pay-off for that investment.
In the NFL, players are at least 21 before they come and have three years of college football (as their focus).

I'm sure there is no perfect solution for this, so the AFL will continue to monitor and revise.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Ess has no wiggle room in negotiations this year, as they have several players with potential WADA suspensions hanging over their heads.

For Ess to demand Pick 5 from your club, is arrogance.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
santazzi
Club Player

Gordo, I can appreciate where you are coming from given that we have been lied to (we played a role in that transaction by accepting the lies) in the last transaction we have with them.

Having said that, I think, it would benefit us in the long term if we build a reputation for ourselves as fair traders.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:Gordo, I can appreciate where you are coming from given that we have been lied to (we played a role in that transaction by accepting the lies) in the last transaction we have with them.

Having said that, I think, it would benefit us in the long term if we build a reputation for ourselves as fair traders.
No, screw them. They got BJ for nothing and screwed us over big time with that woman bashing drunk.

Nice guys run last in the AFL.

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
santazzi wrote:Gordo, I can appreciate where you are coming from given that we have been lied to (we played a role in that transaction by accepting the lies) in the last transaction we have with them.

No, screw them. They got BJ for nothing and screwed us over big time with that woman bashing drunk.

The only problem with us getting Lovett was our club. Nothing to do with Essendon. Anyway our club will do whats right for us. Luckily they aren't emotive supporters.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

The only problem with us getting Lovett was our club. Nothing to do with Essendon. Anyway our club will do whats right for us. Luckily they aren't emotive supporters.
Don't respond to my posts if you are going to talk crap. The cheats knew that he was a total liability.

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Don't respond to my posts if you are going to talk crap. The cheats knew that he was a total liability.

And it was up to us to work that out, not them. And I'm not the one talking crap. No one forces another player to your club.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

And it was up to us to work that out, not them. And I'm not the one talking crap. No one forces another player to your club.
Obviously you don't know the meaning of being sold a pup.

ripplug66
Club Player

saynta wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

I know the meaning of homework.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
saynta wrote:

I know the meaning of homework.
Say what you like. We were duded and we owe the cheats nothing.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Gordo' wrote:ffs if we can get this carlisle dude in the flowering psd, then why would we even give those effndope softc***s the flowering time of day???????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is my impression correct that Essendon is not your second favourite club.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
the dome
Club Player

Bombers Trade History

St.Kilda and plenty others didn't set up an injecting program to effectively cheat. They send us a raw deal unlike the sydneysiders who sent sneider & Dempster our way. One was pretty helpful to deal with the other very much not. With an eye to the future we may also be much better building trade relations with northern clubs that suit both parties than wasting time putting energy into the same old bad relationship.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I can't find the link but heard a snippett from Brian Waldron on Hungry for Sport - either this morning or yesterday
speaking on dealing with Essendon and stating that often the only way to go in the past was to go directly to Sheedy for sensible discussion.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bombers history
The standoff comes 12 months after Essendon and Port Adelaide went to mediation over Patrick Ryder. The Bombers scoffed at picks 17 and 37 from the Power before eventually surrendering him for those selections because it was “the right thing to do”.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 7566566811

good of the game- Right to do? phffft
Complicating this plan would be Essendon's threat to take pick four to the same clubs in a bid to strike a similar pick-slide deal and one-up the Saints, and Collingwood's demands for uncontracted midfielder Nathan Freeman. Freeman is also headed for St Kilda, probably for a second-round pick.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3oLYeRRmB
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
derby Street
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Bombers history
The standoff comes 12 months after Essendon and Port Adelaide went to mediation over Patrick Ryder. The Bombers scoffed at picks 17 and 37 from the Power before eventually surrendering him for those selections because it was “the right thing to do”.

Complicating this plan would be Essendon's threat to take pick four to the same clubs in a bid to strike a similar pick-slide deal and one-up the Saints, and Collingwood's demands for uncontracted midfielder Nathan Freeman. Freeman is also headed for St Kilda, probably for a second-round pick.
Bratty exactly what I meant - I suspect if you went back further you would find more examples of Essendon being difficult / impossible to deal with.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Bombers history

Essendon can go f*** themselves

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.