Weller or Rioli with Pick 14. Not matheison.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Weller or Rioli with Pick 14. Not matheison.

Pick 14

Weller or failing that Rioli.

We have a real opportunity to bag a bargain. Again Rioli isnt rated in top ten. Again here is a kid who has shown more hand eye coordination than anyone. No one is even close.

He is fast and skillful. Whats the issue? He is missing some targets passing? So what? Are you saying he cant kick? Daniel Rioli will become the best player in the league in 5/6 years. Get HIM. GET HIM SAINTS FFS!!

Hawks will get him at 15. The hawks put us in this mess with jake make no mistake they needed attention off them, dodoro got them to push us into 5 and promised them to get their alleged rapists off the front scandal page.

GET RIOLI GET RIOLI GET RIOLI

SOMEONE RING THE CLUB AND TELL THEM NOT TO BE Idiots AND GET ANOTHER INSIDE MID!!

Why do people here want rhys mathieson!!?!?! Why?? He is an inside mid. Will do NOTHING FOR US. Dunstan is much better.

gessdoss

Re: Weller or Rioli with Pick 14. Not matheison.

weller would be a good idea would be a win for both teams freo get pick 13 and we get weller they can then have anouther go for mcarthy

ripplug66
Club Player

Neither. Balic if available.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Freo get pick 13?

Freo won't let him go
There's like two hrs left in trade period
They would be idiots to let him walk

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Im massive on Rioli, but pick 14 is way too high. Prior to GF day he was predicted to go in the 50s.

If we were picking in the 25-35 range I'd say ok but its not happening.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Clayton Oliver is a fat, slow, ungainly looking oaf but plays footy like a natural. He is like Olly Wines mixed with Rory Sloan and Dangerfield. He makes the play and wins games. He reminds me of Sam Mitchell in his ability to look like everyone else around him isn't as good and doesn't deserve to be as good as he is. I reckon he will be a super star in a few years. You can't help loving how he plays.

spert
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Clayton Oliver is a fat, slow, ungainly looking oaf but plays footy like a natural. He is like Olly Wines mixed with Rory Sloan and Dangerfield. He makes the play and wins games. He reminds me of Sam Mitchell in his ability to look like everyone else around him isn't as good and doesn't deserve to be as good as he is. I reckon he will be a super star in a few years. You can't help loving how he plays.
Plays with a lot of maturity for a young guy- plays with authority..go get him Saints.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Clayton Oliver is a fat, slow, ungainly looking oaf
probably wont be drafted on that

on a side note it's amazing how many morrish medalists don't get drafted let alone make a impact

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrish_Medal

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:

on a side note it's amazing how many morrish medalists don't get drafted let alone make a impact

yeah heaps of Morrish medalists don't get drafted but Milera, Oliver and Ryan Clarke are all genuine bolsters. Knightmare rates Oliver at 7 straight after Francis so I think it's fair to say he is definitely getting drafted. Hawks very keen on him. He can seriously play. He is a 187 solid mid who has a heap of improvement left but has all the tools. He is so like Olly Wines- big chubby country boy natural footballer with a big of mongrel.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would'nt mind Oliver at 14, or Milera or Gresham who starred at the draft camp. And I would love it if we traded for a pick in the early 20s and used it on Rioli. I just hope we are doing something about more picks. :evil:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I would'nt mind Oliver at 14, or Milera or Gresham who starred at the draft camp. And I would love it if we traded for a pick in the early 20s and used it on Rioli. I just hope we are doing something about more picks. :evil:

Rioli definitely has some skills but he reminds me of Daniel Motlop, huge bag of tricks but iffy kicking. I prefer Kerbatieh, plays like Paul Puopolo's double. Would be a late pick too. Could be a Lonie like deal.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:Neither. Balic if available.

Why because you have seen him play and he lives in your area?
I didnt know it was the SE suburban football league.

There is every chance Daniel Rioli is going to make it. Every chance. Tested brilliantly at the combine and dominated the pre GF match.
So he lives in the NT and doesnt get the opportunity to show his stuff. That means he will be a slider.
But look at the players that have come from the NT - Cyril and Shaun Burgoyne for starters. Darryl White, Nathan Buckley, Stevie Motlop etc.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 22 Oct 2015 2:23pm, edited 3 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:

Yeah agree but I beg to do differ - many of those Morrish winners have glaring physical deficiencies - e.g Sketcher - that prevent them from making it at AFL level.
Oliver is 187cm - fast - tested well in 20m sprint agility and goal kicking at the Combine.
I think Oliver has the tools to make it in the AFL and is an exception to the rule.

ripplug66
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Why because you have seen him play in he lives in your area?
I didnt know it was the SE suburban football league. FFS. Open you eyes.

I have no idea he lives and yes ive seen him play live. I take it you haven't had an opinion because you haven't seen them play. What a pathetic post. And finally and it makes more sense that what you have said is he is rated about 10 so getting him at 14 makes great sense. You angry person for no reason at all.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I have no idea he lives and yes ive seen him play live. I take it you haven't had an opinion because you haven't seen them play. What a pathetic post. And finally and it makes more sense that what you have said is he is rated about 10 so getting him at 14 makes great sense. You angry person for no reason at all.
Yeah lets just recruit blokes that play locally.

ripplug66
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote: Yeah lets just recruit blokes that play locally.

Why do you make things up. When did I say that? I'm mentioning a guy rated about 8-10 to get at 14. Big deal where he lives or if ive seen him play. Unlike you I don't care where they come from so Con stop with the made up crap.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yeah lets just recruit blokes that play locally.
Um, Con, similar to how Cyril played U18s in Vic - Daniel played U18s for North Ballarat I believe.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

Yeah agree but I beg to do differ - many of those Morrish winners have glaring physical deficiencies - e.g Sketcher - that prevent them from making it at AFL level.
Oliver is 187cm - fast - tested well in 20m sprint agility and goal kicking at the Combine.
I think Oliver has the tools to make it in the AFL and is an exception to the rule.
yeah heaps of short arses win it but the really good ones still make it if big enough. Lenny hayes and Dyson Heppell the best of them.

Blair, Rodan, Kruezer all up to standard but all just off being excellent players.

james rose
Club Player

Would love Oliver. One of my favs in the draft. Reminds me of Dusty.

avid
Club Player

I'd be very very happy with Oliver, or with Milera, Balic, Rioli, and probably several others. There seem to be 10 or 12 midfielder types who rate very highly -- surely one of them will still be available at pick 14. We only need one. We were only ever going to get one anyway.
Feeling OK about pick 14 now.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Clayton Oliver is a fat, slow, ungainly looking oaf but plays footy like a natural. He is like Olly Wines mixed with Rory Sloan and Dangerfield. He makes the play and wins games. He reminds me of Sam Mitchell in his ability to look like everyone else around him isn't as good and doesn't deserve to be as good as he is. I reckon he will be a super star in a few years. You can't help loving how he plays.
This is the guy I want, not that I know much about these guys.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
avid
Club Player

Just looked at the video.
Imagine what he'd be like if he became AFL-fit!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Pick 14. Options

All mids

Mathieson - Balic - Oliver - Gresham
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Fri 23 Oct 2015 12:56am, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Ryan Clarke please. Fit, athletic, fast, accumulates the footy and does damage with it.

SMS
Club Player

Didnt like what I saw with Oliver. Im pretty sure he will go in late 50s

We need rioli. We need speed. Freeman, rice and rioli would be a great draft for us.

And as others have mentioned getting jake carlisle willbe good. We still have first round picks this and next year. Unlike cats or pies and others who get guns in.

We are gettjng smashed atm from media not sure why somethings up. Anyway keep faith. Barring a hamstring we have already bought in 4 gauranteed guns. Not many can say that. Certainly not with this draft. And fwiw parish? I hope melbourne picks him up. Just another soft city boy. Lol at dees gong after em always. When will they learn?