Pass mark for Jake is AA selection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Pass mark for Jake is AA selection

Had a night to sleep on it like all of us. Sleep is good. Yesterday, for me and my love of our club, the world was caving in.
I spoke to mates, fellow beloved saints fans, the opinion was unanimous - we should sack him, and would sack him, if it weren't for the fact we traded pick 5.
We also all agreed our hatred for that scum at windy hill. As if they didn't know.

Got home and spoke to the wife. She calmed me down. Reminded me this is what a lot of them do, a lot more than we'd think, in the offseason...young men with lots of money. Most of them don't film it and send it to mates...that's the difference.
Without knowing anything about the player she said 'oh well, this will be good, it will be the kick up the backside he needs...I bet he's a star next year babes'

Well for mine that's the pass mark and it has some milestones and conditions

He will revise his contract
He will be subject to extra testing
He will be one of the players that is constantly mentioned in the off season as 'training the house down' or 'flying'
And he will be our best back men for the year.
Finally if he wants respect he should go close to if not make AA selection

All will be good fellow sainters

All will be good

Ps I hope trout gets a ripper at 14 as that too will go a long way to lightening the burden of this catastrophe

#1 Ryder fan
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Re: Pass mark for Jake is AA selection

C'mon MC, did she really call you babes? :wink:

Good thoughts though, things always look better after sleep. On a side note, glad I'm not the only Acres fan. :D

mullet
Saintsational Legend

pass mark is playing every game, contributing to lots of wins, and not getting into any more trouble.

AA would be lovely , but a pretty high pass mark.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:pass mark is playing every game, contributing to lots of wins, and not getting into any more trouble.

AA would be lovely , but a pretty high pass mark.
Just stay the eff out of trouble , be a team player, earn your HUGE paypacket, and don't be so bloody full of yourself.

d**khead

You are garbage - Enough said
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You better be right babes...

yipper
SS Life Member

Look, we know he can play - he is immensely talented. Obviously he is not so bright!!

This is a monumental stuff up on HIS part - not ours, not anyone else's either really. Just Jake.

I think this will turn out ok - we all underestimate the respect and esteem that our captain is held in AFL circles. Jake now has to go and explain himself to this elite player / leader. He will be watched - he will be monitored - but I think he will prosper. I reckon he will just knuckle down and get stuck into it. He already came home early from his paid for holidays - no questions, no hesitation, no whinging. He hopped on the plane and came back. He wants this I reckon. He wants to be a great player at St Kilda. I think we will reflect on this as a good investment in years to come.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

What I want to see is 100% effort 100% of the time. The talk around CArlisle is that he has been inconsistent which worries me. Often these guys with talent can feel like they can coast doing 90% or just have one great game out of three and its all good. But unless you ingrain it in yourself to be going hard at every single contest, doing all the 1%ers without even thinking about it, it won't stick. Richo has shown he can get good buy in from players to do the 1%ers and pressure acts so hopefully he can do the dad tough love thing on Jake and make him go full bore all the time.

At 24 CArlisle is coming into his peak and he should be able to become the dominating backman at our club in pretty quick time. I don't want any surly attitude or less than 100% effort that could then rub off on Goddard. He needs to act like a senior player he will rapidly become and show a team first mentality. We've developed a good selfless culture of players running off their own man to put pressure on the ball carrier and Jake has to buy into that.

There is also the question of just how much footy-smarts Jake has got. His filming of his activities whilst in the middle of the drug investigation and waiting to see if a trade would be done, is either one of the stupidest acts I've ever heard of from a professional sportsmen, or a psychological act of self-sabotage. A poster here said Jake wasn't a smart footy player, he would often be drawn away from the footy by his man and didn't understand space on the field well. Footy is an incredibly complex game of strategy and tactics at AFL level. Will he be smart enough at meetings to understand? He was too stupid not to FILM HIMSELF TAKING DRUGS AND SEND IT TO SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarkson has never minded playing smaller defenders because his strategy is footy is mainly played on the ground. Some of these really big guys can get very cumbersome once they stack on the muscle.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Should be made to train with roo
Then he'll learn what dedication is to a club