Dustin Martin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Dustin Martin

This guy should get the book thrown at him. Threatening to hurt a girl is absolutely indefensible. KB on SEN reckons he should get 12 months.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dustin Martin

Dreaming

I'd be stunned if he misses actual season time over this. Tigers need to win a final or Hardwick is out, they're not benching Dusty for a minute longer then needed.

Unfortunately what's best for the club, the culture, and Dusty are all separate things.

Though i actually think you're right

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The guy's a moron, a bogan and a clown.

You get judged by the friends you keep and a few of our players are a bit too close to this low life.

Great football skills though.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Jacks Back wrote:This guy should get the book thrown at him. Threatening to hurt a girl is absolutely indefensible. KB on SEN reckons he should get 12 months.
Lol

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's ok he said sorry....

Don't know why he hasn't been arrested.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:It's ok he said sorry....

Don't know why he hasn't been arrested.
And said he was on the ice so just gets a slap on the wrist

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Jake Carlisle?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Jake Carlisle?
He was the friend that was with him

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Jake Carlisle?
It happened near Carlisle street.

asaint
Club Player

Please tell me this is not true. Was Carlisle with Dusty the lowlife?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

The positive thing coming out of this is you can see the sea change that has happened around violence and threats to women - virtually no one is diminishing or writing this off as one of those things. God I hate those lawyer driven apologies that admit nothing - "If anyone felt threatened" blah blah. They are as good useless.

Big call coming up from Richmond (with AFL twisting their arms no doubt) - are they serious about stamping out violence against women if it derails their dream of actually winning a final? I see them landing on something like 10 weeks suspension and community work and donation relating to women violence. Blow to Richmond but they get him back for second half. Also sends a message to Martin "We don't need you. You need to fight your way back in". The club need to show who's boss as this guy is trouble.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:Please tell me this is not true. Was Carlisle with Dusty the lowlife?
Your leg is being pulled mate. A pisstake.

asaint
Club Player

I am very relieved to hear that.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:The guy's a moron, a bogan and a clown.
x2

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
ripplug66
Club Player

He will get a pretty big penalty. Cant see it being a year but I will go with 6 to 8 weeks and I don't think he can be charged because its in the paper. Someone has to go to the cops otherwise why wasn't Bennell charged with using drugs apart from the fact cops never lay that charge. The guy is a fruit loop and it seems especially when he is on the grog.

markp
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:He will get a pretty big penalty. Cant see it being a year but I will go with 6 to 8 weeks and I don't think he can be charged because its in the paper. Someone has to go to the cops otherwise why wasn't Bennell charged with using drugs apart from the fact cops never lay that charge. The guy is a fruit loop and it seems especially when he is on the grog.
Yeah umm, rather serious thing to threaten to kill someone.

Nothing to do with whether it was in the paper, more to do with it coming to the attention of police.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:He will get a pretty big penalty. Cant see it being a year but I will go with 6 to 8 weeks and I don't think he can be charged because its in the paper. Someone has to go to the cops otherwise why wasn't Bennell charged with using drugs apart from the fact cops never lay that charge. The guy is a fruit loop and it seems especially when he is on the grog.

Nothing to do with whether it was in the paper, more to do with it coming to the attention of police.

It was so serious that the victim chose to ring the club and then alert the press rather than go to the police.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
markp wrote:

It was so serious that the victim chose to ring the club and then alert the press rather than go to the police.
So what?

ripplug66
Club Player

markp wrote:

Still have to press charges or do you think the police are incompetent? Should every story in the paper cause police charges if it is against the law? Sorry should have said still have to report the matter to police so they can press charges.

Mark should Kosi have been charged with rape when Hutchinson said it was him in the room with Milne? That is rather serious thing.
Last edited by ripplug66 on Tue 08 Dec 2015 12:54pm, edited 2 times in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Well who is laying the charges..?

The fact that the victim hasn't suggests that she was more disgusted then intimidated by his behavior... Or some other arrangement has been made

dragit
Saintsational Legend

While I'm not looking to diminish the gravity of what has happened, I do find it a little weird that this girl firstly felt compelled to challenge a guy who was clearly intoxicated and aggro, then threaten to ring his club when he reacted angrily. She's also making a pretty big accusation of drug taking suggesting that "he was going to the toilet constantly".

In no way am I standing up for Martin who seems like a right knob and this incident is completely off, but I do feel that some people just love the chance to take down an AFL player.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:While I'm not looking to diminish the gravity of what has happened, I do find it a little weird that this girl firstly felt compelled to challenge a guy who was clearly intoxicated and aggro, then threaten to ring his club when he reacted angrily. She's also making a pretty big accusation of drug taking suggesting that "he was going to the toilet constantly".

In no way am I standing up for Martin who seems like a right knob and this incident is completely off, but I do feel that some people just love the chance to take down an AFL player.
Bingo.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markp
Saintsational Legend

So her individual response to a public (and now on the public record) and physical threat to kill her changes the legality of what took place how?

What if she has been paid off, and the next time he does kill or seriously harm someone?

asaint
Club Player

Disgraceful, intimidating,aggressive behaviour. To suggest that the lady was in any way to blame is not acceptable.
He threatened her ffs, there are no excuses.

ripplug66
Club Player

markp wrote:So her individual response to a public (and now on the public record) and physical threat to kill her changes the legality of what took place how?

What if she has been paid off, and the next time he does kill or seriously harm someone?

I don't get what you want or how you see the police role in this? Are the police incompetent? Or do they just let AFL players off? Or maybe, just maybe they need a report from the victim and not second hand info in the media.