Crows vs. Saints "Don't drop the soap!"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Crows vs. Saints "Don't drop the soap!"

68 points loss for our brave boys i fear

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

This week has the potential to be another flogging like we received in most of the final 6 rounds of last season. I was worried about games like this when Carlisle got rubbed out in January. Anyway, at least Goddard gets his chance. It will be a baptism of fire but it has to happen sometime. I hope that the coaches remember what happened the last time and put a bit of physical pressure on 'em early - if not, we'll be chasing our tails all evening.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:This week has the potential to be another flogging like we received in most of the final 6 rounds of last season. I was worried about games like this when Carlisle got rubbed out in January. Anyway, at least Goddard gets his chance. It will be a baptism of fire but it has to happen sometime. I hope that the coaches remember what happened the last time and put a bit of physical pressure on 'em early - if not, we'll be chasing our tails all evening.
Roberton figured in the coaches' votes last week.
Against soft opposition, he does well, got plenty of ball, but when up against tougher forwards, he crumbles like pastry.
Keep thinking of his 2 silly kicks last year against Sydney when he gave them 2 easy goals.

Savage panics under pressure too; turned it over against Power and GWS several times.
Kicked a 20m pass to Kennedy of the Eagles, in front of goal.
Picked on a wing where he won't be under as much pressure.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:68 points loss for our brave boys i fear
With Fish in I was thinking 6 goal defeat...I'm sure Goddard will be a like-for-like replacement despite mild form in the 2's, so add another 5 goals. :( We have to prepare for life post-Fish some time, I guess now's as good a time as any.

I'd like to see Lee included, but as stated elsewhere we may lose our half back run with him in the team, despite the value of his disposal by foot. It's a real 50/50 for the match committee, a decision I'm sure punters will claim 'cost us the game' at the conclusion of the game...never mind.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
With Fish in I was thinking 6 goal defeat...I'm sure Goddard will be a like-for-like replacement despite mild form in the 2's, so add another 5 goals. :( We have to prepare for life post-Fish some time, I guess now's as good a time as any.

I'd like to see Lee included, but as stated elsewhere we may lose our half back run with him in the team, despite the value of his disposal by foot. It's a real 50/50 for the match committee, a decision I'm sure punters will claim 'cost us the game' at the conclusion of the game...never mind.
Folks might say we don't travel well, but I could point to the Power game as showing we can go well away from home.
But Power has been erratic, and that game was ages ago.
We proved in my home town of Perth that we can get seriously flogged, and I'm hoping that the boys learnt from that and worked out what NOT to do. It was recent therefore still fresh in the memory.
Hope we can bring A-Game on Sunday.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:

Folks might say we don't travel well, but I could point to the Power game as showing we can go well away from home.
We proved in my home town of Perth that we can get seriously flogged, and I'm hoping that the boys learnt from that and worked out what NOT to do. It was recent therefore still fresh in the memory.
I certainly hope so, I only get a couple games a year in, I'm getting tired of them being 80 point floggings! Having said that, I'm not quite sure we have the cattle to cover this one...the Crows have some serious talent on their list that just haven't put it together to reach potential to date. We can only stop the inevitable for so long by trying to match up with them, obviously we have to take control of the centre clearances to win this game.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We will be really tested this week. 7th hardest fixture in the AFL imo.

This is how I see it this year.

Top 10 Hardest fixtures - 1 = Hardest

1. West Coast - Perth (lost)
2. Swans - Sydney (NA)
3. GWS - Sydney (NA)
4. Norf - Tassie (NA)
5. Geelong - Cattery
6. Hawks - Tassie (lost)
7. Crows - Adelaide
8. Hawks - MCG
9. Norf - MCG
10. Bulldogs - Etihad (lost)
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 04 Jun 2016 4:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:This week has the potential to be another flogging like we received in most of the final 6 rounds of last season. I was worried about games like this when Carlisle got rubbed out in January. Anyway, at least Goddard gets his chance. It will be a baptism of fire but it has to happen sometime. I hope that the coaches remember what happened the last time and put a bit of physical pressure on 'em early - if not, we'll be chasing our tails all evening.
Roberton figured in the coaches' votes last week.
Against soft opposition, he does well, got plenty of ball, but when up against tougher forwards, he crumbles like pastry.
Keep thinking of his 2 silly kicks last year against Sydney when he gave them 2 easy goals.

Savage panics under pressure too; turned it over against Power and GWS several times.
Kicked a 20m pass to Kennedy of the Eagles, in front of goal.
Picked on a wing where he won't be under as much pressure.
You need to stop whinging. It's not good

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:

We traveled okay when we only just lost to Hawthorn in Tassie.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!