Luke Dunstan to be traded?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Dunstan to be traded?

Vazelos wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020 3:34pm

...that post was 4 years ago that is a full AFL list cycle.

...I can assure you Bytel is the real deal

Although these two sentences appear to contradict each other I couldn't agree more with the cycles of lists.

I really hope Bytel becomes a gun midfielder, why wouldn't you, our list needs one more gun midfielder in addition to Crouch.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sun 25 Oct 2020 9:15am
Teflon wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020 9:01pm
Vazelos wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020 5:50pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020 3:52pm Appreciate your opinion and insights Vaz

Apologies for the unnecessary rudeness you’ve unnecessarily had to endure... leopards and spots and all that, guess it was your turn.

You’re spot on with Dunstan and called it sometime back. Be interesting to see how it all plays out
Thank you Skeptic there were some fiercely loyal & passionate Dunstan fans who are licking their wounds now he was going to Captain the side win a brownlow and be a star as far as they were concerned it was never going to happen don't know what some people see they could watch the game 60 years it would not change their limitations.
We went from 14th to 6th because players like Dunstan & Mckenzie were nowhere near the first 22 and Ross game has been changed to a B Grade tagging role player. Players like Long and Paton who I have backed from early on are getting game these guys are nailing it I am very happy.
Anyone that doesn't rate Crouch & is not excited to what he is going to bring to this team has no idea about footy. He will make Hills game better, he will help everybody.
Exciting times again & all the Dunstan fans will quickly forget & jump on when we start going deep into finals.
Great post
Ignore muppets who get attached to players don’t want change and are happy with mid table finishes for nice boys
Eff that we want to win this bloody thing
Crouch is a solid get - no star but he’s had way better years at his best (2019 BnF winner) than any of our mids and he wins plenty of the ball and feeds those outside we all saw against Tigers we couldn’t win a clearance without Ryder he will help enormously
Now who else?..
I would’ve like Caldwell as he gave us future growth but I guess it’s now Bytel/Byrnes etc we need to back in now
Merret next year would be nice ......love to stick a knife through Dedoro heart....
Still think we need another quality mid then on to Bing
Cheers Teflon.
I enjoy visiting here talking to some intelligent informed people and sharing my passion with the Saints but as you can see by the number of my posts compared to others it doesn’t define me.
Skeptic and yourself are Guys I can relate to who know their football and have the mentality above some of the average thinkers here.
Thanks once again.
f*** me, some guys love drinking their own bathwater.

Vazelos
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 1:26pm

Apologies for the unnecessary rudeness you’ve unnecessarily had to endure... leopards and spots and all that, guess it was your turn.

You’re spot on with Dunstan and called it sometime back. Be interesting to see how it all plays out
Thank you Skeptic there were some fiercely loyal & passionate Dunstan fans who are licking their wounds now he was going to Captain the side win a brownlow and be a star as far as they were concerned it was never going to happen don't know what some people see they could watch the game 60 years it would not change their limitations.
We went from 14th to 6th because players like Dunstan & Mckenzie were nowhere near the first 22 and Ross game has been changed to a B Grade tagging role player. Players like Long and Paton who I have backed from early on are getting game these guys are nailing it I am very happy.
Anyone that doesn't rate Crouch & is not excited to what he is going to bring to this team has no idea about footy. He will make Hills game better, he will help everybody.
Exciting times again & all the Dunstan fans will quickly forget & jump on when we start going deep into finals.
Great post
Ignore muppets who get attached to players don’t want change and are happy with mid table finishes for nice boys
Crouch is a solid get - no star but he’s had way better years at his best (2019 BnF winner) than any of our mids and he wins plenty of the ball and feeds those outside we all saw against Tigers we couldn’t win a clearance without Ryder he will help enormously
Now who else?..
I would’ve like Caldwell as he gave us future growth but I guess it’s now Bytel/Byrnes etc we need to back in now
Merret next year would be nice ......love to stick a knife through Dedoro heart....
Cheers Teflon.
I enjoy visiting here talking to some intelligent informed people and sharing my passion with the Saints but as you can see by the number of my posts compared to others it doesn’t define me.
Skeptic and yourself are Guys I can relate to who know their football and have the mentality above some of the average thinkers here.
Thanks once again.
Don’t worry the bath water just may be over spilling get ready my friend take a seat get a wet cloth and place it on your forehead.
News on Seb Ross going to Essendon....
Predicting Dunstan and McKenzie is basic work but to come out when I did and mention Ross(B&F winner and part of our leadership group) had to be looked at to be traded?!!!
You cried blue murder!!
I’m sure you will say it won’t happen but it’s all over the place that it could seriously happen!!!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

I'm not going to be unhappy if Seb finds sh!tter pastures over at Tullamarine. I said 2 years ago that he's exactly the player that they needed - bigger (exclusively) inside mid. Caldwell actually isn't their answer ... Tom Cutler from Bris was much more the answer but he's been shown to be poor without Neale and Zorko around him.

I don't wish Seb any ill will - loyal servant who's exceptionally well paid (atm) but, we now have better players who suit our new gameplan wanting to come to our club.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 10:10am

Great post
Now who else?..
Cheers Teflon.
Thanks once again.
Don’t worry the bath water just may be over spilling get ready my friend take a seat get a wet cloth and place it on your forehead.
Predicting Dunstan and McKenzie is basic work but to come out when I did and mention Ross(B&F winner and part of our leadership group) had to be looked at to be traded?!!!
You cried blue murder!!
I’m sure you will say it won’t happen but it’s all over the place that it could seriously happen!!!

Geez, I bet you can walk and chew gum at the same time. :roll:
Will not happen. Why the f*** would anyone want to go to the drug cheats ffs.
I think you are one of those guys who take a scattergun approach with a view that at sometime you are going to get something right. :wink: :wink:
For the record I would not have a clue when you came out with anything that was right.
I have never noticed any of your prior posts until you dragged out a 4 year old post to have some sort of a go at me.
PS I had a really good laugh when I saw who was backing you. Great pairing. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Where was Webster going again? :lol: :lol: :lol: I might be an old timer, but with age comes wisdom. I put your age down as someone not yet out of puberty. :roll:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Great post
Now who else?..
Cheers Teflon.
Thanks once again.
You cried blue murder!!
What I don't get is the "you don't know football" or you " know football" because you agree with what I posted mantra on Fan Forums. Or even better, you "haven't played the game" which usually refers to a weekend warrior in local comp.

This is not directed specifically at you BIG V, or your post as it's a common theme from some posters on here. I am surprised you felt aggrieved when Jaxsons commented on your post, why would you care what Jaxsons or anyone else thinks of your input?

I'd be happy to state my opinion is there is no poster on this forum that really knows football, if they did they'd be highly unlikely to post here. No one here knows what happens in the inner sanctum of club level apart from probably Tony74 who certainly appears a club employee at some level.

I for one am a layman saints fan, who does not know football or pretend to, I just post opinion and don't give a hairy rats ringer whether people agree or don't.

What I can tell you from exposure to elite sport (not AFL) is that sportsmen & women are just human beings and often kids thrust into situations they are not emotionally ready to handle and the pressure can be enormous and this is from parents, family, friends, coaches, organisations and I am highly surprised that more players don't go off the rails, or maybe they do and it doesn't get reported.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good sensible post JB. Know it all know nothing clowns never worry me but I think you hit the nail on the head,.

tony74 certainly is a club employee and the only one who is really an ITK but one who doesn't spill his guts on a fan forum. Good on him for that.

Had a good belly laugh though when a fellow poster big noting himself felt the need to apologise to another poster for something I posted. :roll: :wink:

Vazelos
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 10:30am

Great post
Now who else?..
Cheers Teflon.
Thanks once again.
You cried blue murder!!
What I don't get is the "you don't know football" or you " know football" because you agree with what I posted mantra on Fan Forums. Or even better, you "haven't played the game" which usually refers to a weekend warrior in local comp.

This is not directed specifically at you BIG V, or your post as it's a common theme from some posters on here. I am surprised you felt aggrieved when Jaxsons commented on your post, why would you care what Jaxsons or anyone else thinks of your input?

I'd be happy to state my opinion is there is no poster on this forum that really knows football, if they did they'd be highly unlikely to post here. No one here knows what happens in the inner sanctum of club level apart from probably Tony74 who certainly appears a club employee at some level.

I for one am a layman saints fan, who does not know football or pretend to, I just post opinion and don't give a hairy rats ringer whether people agree or don't.

What I can tell you from exposure to elite sport (not AFL) is that sportsmen & women are just human beings and often kids thrust into situations they are not emotionally ready to handle and the pressure can be enormous and this is from parents, family, friends, coaches, organisations and I am highly surprised that more players don't go off the rails, or maybe they do and it doesn't get reported.
Thanks for the lecture Joffa as always the devil is in the detail.
You will see I have been here for 10 years and posted just over 1000 times compared to some who live on here with 15,000 posts etc. I dont come here to have my ego stroked I can assure you, I actually have an elite background in scouting and sports management its a passion of mine I come here for some stimulation, some feed back from fellow supporters, some good intel & opinions & some laughs from some actual real tossers. You wont see me in big wars with people or melt downs like Plugger 66.
What I will not stand for is to be disrespected & if people want to challenge me I will return serve if I have the inclination.
Re Jaxons again Im a little bit uncomfortable chastising him because he had one bad moment where he was highly disrespectful with me querying Dunstan as a long term elite footballer for our football club. On the whole he has been a normal guy and now is more interested in providing nostalgia pieces for the forum. At the time he was lauded as an ITK guy, he sure had his 15 min of fame here sycophants were everywhere hanging off his every word. Giving an opinion & being told I have no idea about football & then claiming he will be the future of the club then sorry I am not the Dalai Lama I felt the need to bring it back up. Dunstan has obviously failed and is ready to be shipped out as a list clogger then I reminded them all of that because a few others jumped in as well. There is a way to discuss without being disrespectful & attacking the man Saynta is fast becoming someone that starting to regularly do this with me as he has with others so please place the lecture onto people like him not to me.
You have repeated my words about ITK people your preaching to someone who understand professional sports having worked inside clubs and managed professional athletes. True ITK people dont jump on forums there sources would dry up that same day if they did. That is why I could not understand who Jaxons was getting the intel from and why he was offering it so quickly.
I get told some pretty heavy stuff 3/4 out of 10 actually come off because so many hoops have to be jumped through for a deal to come off.
Hill I got told mid 2019 & it came off. I got told about Tarranto & Caldwell & Higgins about 2/3 weeks before it hit social media big deal. I got told Carlisle was on the nose the day afyer the Brisbane game.
Jaxons had some ITK status so he was a middle man to some information yet simpletons here lauded him as a football expert.How does that work? Having some ITK contacts give you football acumen?
Its shown he got Dunstan wrong didnt he? Future Captain, Really?!! HE is going for steak knives at his peak.
I identified Mckenzie when he was a week in week out AR favorite he is now toast.
I came out this year about Ross, Saynta had a heart attack & attacked me now there are strong rumors he is possibly out the door. People can read the posts they are all there , what was said & when they were said. When people want to smash me and disrespect my opinions well I can assure you when Im proven right Im going to remind them. Saynta is going to look like a real clown if Ross and Dunstan get shipped out isnt he?

Then people can make up their mind who understand the game & who doesn't.
Its up to me whether I want to escalate with him further as he has been disrespectful to me & taken me on I find him quite naive about professional sports he is a cheer leader supporter type stuck in another time but this is not about me and him we have agreed on many things in the past also.
This football regime we have now is not lauding B graders & existing to be a small club & make up the numbers they will make the hard decisions. I am past just existing, I have seen the greats applauded in their last games, I have seen us finish on top end of Home and Away, I have seen us get to multiple GFs I want to win the big one that is all that matters and if players like Ross have to be moved on I am all for it as I like what I am seeing I agree with almost all of their decisions.
Lethlean is the man!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The essence of what I take and agree with from Vazelos’ post is that the time for ruthlessness is now. Time to ship out mediocrity and develop a hard edge. A welcoming, inclusive, supportive connected club environment is awesome and it looks like we’re on the way to doing that. A bit of c*** is also required. Not emotive or sentimental, just willing to evaluate and make decisions with a vision of being #1. It requires a hard edge along with the cuddles IMO.

If #6 and 7 are traded what does that say to the rest of the playing group?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I don't think there's a great difference between Vazelos & Saynta, both are very protective of their beliefs, Vazelos with his football musings & Saynta with his St Kilda players. Both will happily reply with a "I told you so" when they had their nose put out of joint on a topic.

No slight on either as any poster worth their salt will try to justify views or behaviours if they truly believe in them.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:27am

Great post
Now who else?..
Cheers Teflon.
Thanks once again.
You cried blue murder!!

You will see I have been here for 10 years and posted just over 1000 times compared to some who live on here with 15,000 posts etc. I dont come here to have my ego stroked I can assure you, I actually have an elite background in scouting and sports management its a passion of mine I come here for some stimulation, some feed back from fellow supporters, some good intel & opinions & some laughs from some actual real tossers. You wont see me in big wars with people or melt downs like Plugger 66.
What I will not stand for is to be disrespected & if people want to challenge me I will return serve if I have the inclination.
Re Jaxons again Im a little bit uncomfortable chastising him because he had one bad moment where he was highly disrespectful with me querying Dunstan as a long term elite footballer for our football club. On the whole he has been a normal guy and now is more interested in providing nostalgia pieces for the forum. At the time he was lauded as an ITK guy, he sure had his 15 min of fame here sycophants were everywhere hanging off his every word. Giving an opinion & being told I have no idea about football & then claiming he will be the future of the club then sorry I am not the Dalai Lama I felt the need to bring it back up. Dunstan has obviously failed and is ready to be shipped out as a list clogger then I reminded them all of that because a few others jumped in as well. There is a way to discuss without being disrespectful & attacking the man Saynta is fast becoming someone that starting to regularly do this with me as he has with others so please place the lecture onto people like him not to me.
You have repeated my words about ITK people your preaching to someone who understand professional sports having worked inside clubs and managed professional athletes. True ITK people dont jump on forums there sources would dry up that same day if they did. That is why I could not understand who Jaxons was getting the intel from and why he was offering it so quickly.
I get told some pretty heavy stuff 3/4 out of 10 actually come off because so many hoops have to be jumped through for a deal to come off.
Hill I got told mid 2019 & it came off. I got told about Tarranto & Caldwell & Higgins about 2/3 weeks before it hit social media big deal. I got told Carlisle was on the nose the day afyer the Brisbane game.
Jaxons had some ITK status so he was a middle man to some information yet simpletons here lauded him as a football expert.How does that work? Having some ITK contacts give you football acumen?
Its shown he got Dunstan wrong didnt he? Future Captain, Really?!! HE is going for steak knives at his peak.
I identified Mckenzie when he was a week in week out AR favorite he is now toast.
I came out this year about Ross, Saynta had a heart attack & attacked me now there are strong rumors he is possibly out the door. People can read the posts they are all there , what was said & when they were said. When people want to smash me and disrespect my opinions well I can assure you when Im proven right Im going to remind them. Saynta is going to look like a real clown if Ross and Dunstan get shipped out isnt he?

Its up to me whether I want to escalate with him further as he has been disrespectful to me & taken me on I find him quite naive about professional sports he is a cheer leader supporter type stuck in another time but this is not about me and him we have agreed on many things in the past also.
This football regime we have now is not lauding B graders & existing to be a small club & make up the numbers they will make the hard decisions. I am past just existing, I have seen the greats applauded in their last games, I have seen us finish on top end of Home and Away, I have seen us get to multiple GFs I want to win the big one that is all that matters and if players like Ross have to be moved on I am all for it as I like what I am seeing I agree with almost all of their decisions.
Lethlean is the man!!!
I don't know who the f*** you are and care even less. Disrespect you? You would know if I did.

As I posted above I don't ever remember replying to one of your posts, Maybe I did maybe i didn't. What i did notice was you dragged out a 4 year old post to have a go at me for something that i haven't a clue about.
You want to flame me, I will respond. I don't believe for one second the crap you post in any of your posts so go away and stop using my name in your inane posts ffs,

Oh and you are the one that's going to look a bit of a dill when Seb runs out with his saints mates next year.

JD is an independent observer you should take note of what he says and stop bullshitting the forum. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You come over as a whiney two year old to me ffs. Grow up.

For the record, I wish Dunstan well in the future either with the saints or in other colours.

If he is traded it just shows how stupid the big boy trade was, f*** pelican s***.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 29 Oct 2020 12:54pm, edited 2 times in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 12:25pm I don't think there's a great difference between Vazelos & Saynta, both are very protective of their beliefs, Vazelos with his football musings & Saynta with his St Kilda players. Both will happily reply with a "I told you so" when they had their nose put out of joint on a topic.

No slight on either as any poster worth their salt will try to justify views or behaviours if they truly believe in them.
:wink: Nah mate, I just can't stand big noting bulls*** artists. That guy dragged up a 4 year old post for some reason and started in on me. Not on, so I responded. I wasn't trying to start a war with anyone.

Before recent events, I don't ever remember a post from him.

Vazelos
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 12:43pm

Great post
Now who else?..
Cheers Teflon.
Thanks once again.
You cried blue murder!!

Lethlean is the man!!!
I don't know who the f*** you are and care even less. Disrespect you? You would know if I did.

As I posted above I don't ever remember replying to one of your posts, Maybe I did maybe i didn't. What i did notice was you dragged out a 4 year old post to have a go at me for something that i haven't a clue about.
You want to flame me, I will respond. I don't believe for one second the crap you post in any of your posts so go away and stop using my name in your inane posts ffs,

Oh and you are the one that's going to look a bit of a dill when Seb runs out with his saints mates next year.

JD is an independent observer you should take note of what he says and stop bullshitting the forum. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You come over as a whiney two year old to me ffs. Grow up.

For the record, I wish Dunstan well in the future either with the saints or in other colours.

If he is traded it just shows how stupid the big boy trade was, f*** pelican s***.
Start being accountable for your posts your acumen for players is seriously under threat or change the way you communicate... Posts like" Thats a rubbish post" I am going to nail you because you attitude doenst match your ability..
Pretty simple...
Happy to see you say something of value with some acumen Ill be waiting!!
If Ross leaves Ill be coming to remind you how clueless you are!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 1:00pm
saynta wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 12:43pm

Great post
Now who else?..
Cheers Teflon.
Thanks once again.
You cried blue murder!!

Lethlean is the man!!!

Start being accountable for your posts your acumen for players is seriously under threat or change the way you communicate... Posts like" Thats a rubbish post" I am going to nail you because you attitude doenst match your ability..
Pretty simple...
Happy to see you say something of value with some acumen Ill be waiting!!
If Ross leaves Ill be coming to remind you how clueless you are!!!
Forum rules prevent me saying anything stronger than piss off. 8-) I am not in the slightest bit interested in your views or your posts for that matter.

Vazelos
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 12:25pm I don't think there's a great difference between Vazelos & Saynta, both are very protective of their beliefs, Vazelos with his football musings & Saynta with his St Kilda players. Both will happily reply with a "I told you so" when they had their nose put out of joint on a topic.

Ive been ten years here its taken this long to say I told you so because people don't know how to communicate.
Discuss the material in an intelligent informed manner.
" You got no idea about football"....." Thats a Rubbish post"...
Is that ok with you?!!
Honstely is that how you talk to poeple?

Mate im going to nail clowns that write to my posts like that & if you think i am the same as Saynta you need to go over and read posts with a little but more care.
I went out hard with Dunstan 4 years ago and I went hard on Mc kenzie and I went hard on Ross if people discussed my opinions like intelligent people then I would not be shoving it down it their throats.

Saynta has no idea he has backed every player that the list management committee are shipping out.
He should carry the streamers in the Cheer Squad thats his level.
Rant over!!!

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Saynta is the forums Joe Biden. Absolute lemon of a bloke.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I believe Dunstan is very fortunate to have the years he has had in AFL footy and if he can get traded and squeeze another few more years he has done well with his limited capacities.

Freebird
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 7:10pm Saynta is the forums Joe Biden. Absolute lemon of a bloke.
Why would you make a comment like this - says a lot about you more than Saynta....

Trump ffs

1965 Saint
Club Player

Children"......it’s time for your afternoon nap. Lie down on the mat please"......

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:27am Thanks for the lecture Joffa as always the devil is in the detail.
Oi leave me out of this :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 7:10pm Saynta is the forums Joe Biden. Absolute lemon of a bloke.
At least he ain't an Orange

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Vazelos
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:57am The essence of what I take and agree with from Vazelos’ post is that the time for ruthlessness is now. Time to ship out mediocrity and develop a hard edge. A welcoming, inclusive, supportive connected club environment is awesome and it looks like we’re on the way to doing that. A bit of c*** is also required. Not emotive or sentimental, just willing to evaluate and make decisions with a vision of being #1. It requires a hard edge along with the cuddles IMO.

If #6 and 7 are traded what does that say to the rest of the playing group?
Spot on St byron.

jaxons
Club Player

Vazelos wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020 8:50am
jaxons wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2016 1:04am
Vazelos wrote:It's not a strong rumour or source but I did hear Luke Dunstan may be traded back to SA.
With the emerging Acres, Gresham , Billings and Mc Kenzie and Steele and Stephens coming in as well as hopefully Freeman coming good to compliment Jack Steven, Armitage and Ross is Dunstan under the pump to keep his spot?
He is a reasonable to good player but is he good enough for a top 4 side?
I have some question marks on him not convinced either way yet to rule him in or out I'm on the fence long term.

It's posts like these that make me question being a member of this site.
Sorry matey but you have no idea about football.
It seems like I may have had an idea!!
4 years ago I got smashed for querying Dunstan as a long term player now he is being traded as steak knives. I can handle being told I’m wrong but it looks like I may have seen something that’s others didn’t.
Too slow, limited running capacity, poor kick and average hands. 2 coaches kept dropping him.
Great character work ethic and hardness got him to a 100 games in a poor team he is a long way off a top 4 mid fielder.
I love the direction the club is taking because I love Long and Paton and didn’t think Webster and Savage were the answer. Webster and Dunstan for Crouch and salary cap space and some picks great work Saints.
For the record that was an anomaly by Jaxons he has been for the majority of time a gentlemen and a great provider of nostalgia videos we do agree on our love for Plugger. Saynta you were in the Dunstan cheer squad as you are in the Seb Ross Cheer squad which I am in neither let’s see if Ross can perform now as a B grade tagging role player albeit on Grade A money.
For the record I hate bagging our own and that’s why I was defensive as I hate supporters bagging players.
Dunstan’s last game for the Saints he got a Brownlow vote....just saying!
He is a good player but his kicking skills and overall belief in himself are not at the level now required.
He is best friends with Steeley as was Acres so we need to be careful about breaking up friendships in our club too.
Not the worse result if he stayed.
He loves the club.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020 1:28am
Vazelos wrote: Sat 24 Oct 2020 8:50am
jaxons wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2016 1:04am
Vazelos wrote:It's not a strong rumour or source but I did hear Luke Dunstan may be traded back to SA.
With the emerging Acres, Gresham , Billings and Mc Kenzie and Steele and Stephens coming in as well as hopefully Freeman coming good to compliment Jack Steven, Armitage and Ross is Dunstan under the pump to keep his spot?
He is a reasonable to good player but is he good enough for a top 4 side?
I have some question marks on him not convinced either way yet to rule him in or out I'm on the fence long term.

It's posts like these that make me question being a member of this site.
Sorry matey but you have no idea about football.
It seems like I may have had an idea!!
4 years ago I got smashed for querying Dunstan as a long term player now he is being traded as steak knives. I can handle being told I’m wrong but it looks like I may have seen something that’s others didn’t.
Too slow, limited running capacity, poor kick and average hands. 2 coaches kept dropping him.
Great character work ethic and hardness got him to a 100 games in a poor team he is a long way off a top 4 mid fielder.
I love the direction the club is taking because I love Long and Paton and didn’t think Webster and Savage were the answer. Webster and Dunstan for Crouch and salary cap space and some picks great work Saints.
For the record that was an anomaly by Jaxons he has been for the majority of time a gentlemen and a great provider of nostalgia videos we do agree on our love for Plugger. Saynta you were in the Dunstan cheer squad as you are in the Seb Ross Cheer squad which I am in neither let’s see if Ross can perform now as a B grade tagging role player albeit on Grade A money.
For the record I hate bagging our own and that’s why I was defensive as I hate supporters bagging players.
Dunstan’s last game for the Saints he got a Brownlow vote....just saying!
He is a good player but his kicking skills and overall belief in himself are not at the level now required.
He is best friends with Steeley as was Acres so we need to be careful about breaking up friendships in our club too.
Not the worse result if he stayed.
He loves the club.
Some people make disgusting remarks about our players and others just bag players with disrespectful comments.

Vazelos did neither with his op and I think he preferred to bide his time rather than bite back straight away.

I’m sure Isaac Smith has a lot of friends at Hawthorn and Danger still has many friends at the Crows

I understand where you’re coming from but you can’t seriously use ‘friends’ as an excuse to keep a player or play him in the seniors.

I think there is a place for Dunny if he stays on the list and he’d be a good back up if we have injuries to our inside mids.

johnearljames
Club Player

Dunstan is not in our top 25. Maybe just inside 30.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.