Now it's time to play the kids

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Now it's time to play the kids

Get your head out of the clouds. We need to countine to plan for the future. Richo MUST swing the axe next wk!!!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Now it's time to play the kids

Let's face it. We're not going to win a flag under AR, or anyone else in the immediate future. GWS have the next few in their keeping, and Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong and several others are way ahead of us. In three years time, Mr. Pleasing will get the arse along with numpty Elshaug and we'll start again for the umpteenth time since 1966. Our admin is like a fairground pea and thimble trick man. We keep falling for it. I'm now in it fir the amusement.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

That's weird because we were all on track last week

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

An illusion, skeptic. One in a long line of St.Kilda Mirages. How many have delivered? None. Move along now folks, nothing to see here.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Alas, because of injuries and suspensions we are playing the "kids" (plus Hickey) and none of them are up to it - which is hardly surprising given that none of them were high draft picks - Long 25, Battle 39, McKenzie 22. Both Dunstan and Acres should have played tonight.

footynut
Club Player

Out: Gilbert (inj), joey (omitted), Hickey (omitted),

In: ACRES, Longer/Marshall, Freeman (its time) but if not Rice

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What kids do we even have?

Our list is dog s***.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

What kids
Sandi can't win a game
Some of the kids get allot of the ball but just turn it over .
They'd hardly touch it the big league
Just like battle
Last edited by mr six o'clock on Fri 14 Jul 2017 11:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

In red white and black from 73
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

No point playing Freeman right now in my opinion webster gets in next week for McKenzie. If gilbo stays out for the rest of the year, maybe McKenzie stays on purely for structural reasons, can play the same role as Gilbo

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Alas, because of injuries and suspensions we are playing the "kids" (plus Hickey) and none of them are up to it - which is hardly surprising given that none of them were high draft picks - Long 25, Battle 39, McKenzie 22. Both Dunstan and Acres should have played tonight.
I disagree that these players are not up to it. Last year we were singing Hickey's praises when he beat guys like Gawn and Goldstein when they were in ripping form week after week. Long, DMac and Battle need games.

Friggen coaches and match committe need to refund their wages this week. Stubborness and some sort of numbskull theories getting in the way of common sense I think. Why isn't Acres in this team? Dunstan too, is a handy player and when we are coming off 2 6 day breaks in a row and a trip to Perth, there's every reason to rest a few guys and bring in guys that are fresh. I think both Koby and Sebby were down on there effeciency and their sharpness as well as their output tonight.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Alas, because of injuries and suspensions we are playing the "kids" (plus Hickey) and none of them are up to it - which is hardly surprising given that none of them were high draft picks - Long 25, Battle 39, McKenzie 22. Both Dunstan and Acres should have played tonight.
I disagree that these players are not up to it. Last year we were singing Hickey's praises when he beat guys like Gawn and Goldstein when they were in ripping form week after week. Long, DMac and Battle need games.

Friggen coaches and match committe need to refund their wages this week. Stubborness and some sort of numbskull theories getting in the way of common sense I think. Why isn't Acres in this team? Dunstan too, is a handy player and when we are coming off 2 6 day breaks in a row and a trip to Perth, there's every reason to rest a few guys and bring in guys that are fresh. I think both Koby and Sebby were down on there effeciency and their sharpness as well as their output tonight.
Oh please!! Mckenzie is not AFL standard, he has zero awareness and cannot kick, he takes 15 steps to move 5 metres, fumbles under pressure. Hickey is not physical enough that marking contest in the goal square was just embarrassing.
We were slow enough without Dunstan in the team if he played it would have been plain stupid

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

footynut wrote:Get your head out of the clouds. We need to countine to plan for the future. Richo MUST swing the axe next wk!!!
I agree. Play the kids. Get Acres in there. He's a kid and shouldn't have been dropped and at least should have come in for Membrey. And play Dunstan. Also a kid but a much more solid bet than Long or Battle or D-Mac at this stage.

Battle has a good future, I'm sure, but a high-stakes game like today wasn't the time to debut him.