Lonie to have break out year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Lonie to have break out year

Lonie. Our new gun. He is tackling like a WWE wrestler at the moment. I wonder if Ratts as the forwards coach has inserted a rocket up his arse and backed him in.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:34pm Lonie. Our new gun. He is tackling like a WWE wrestler at the moment. I wonder if Ratts as the forwards coach has inserted a rocket up his arse and backed him in.
Can't understand why you would make that assumption.

Lonie was on the upward curve from round 19 last season finishing the season very strongly and winning a new contract along with interest from other clubs.

Lonies improvement curve has continued into the start of this season with the biggest improvement stat wise on the number of tackles he is making per game.

If someone got into his head it certainly happened last season when he was recalled to the senior team.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I remember back in the early 2000's hearing an old time Saints fan say: "If Frankie Peckett's going well, then so are the Saints" Quite often, the progress of one particular player can be seen as a barometer for the team in general. Jack has been nothing short of terrific in 2019, likewise Jack Billings and Blake Acres.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:09pm I remember back in the early 2000's hearing an old time Saints fan say: "If Frankie Peckett's going well, then so are the Saints" Quite often, the progress of one particular player can be seen as a barometer for the team in general. Jack has been nothing short of terrific in 2019, likewise Jack Billings and Blake Acres.
Good point Jiggers and agree.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
barneyboyz
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:54pm Haha. Yep Lonie making quite a few look foolish but a lot of it was warranted at the time. He stunk it up for a while there but he's put in the hard yards and the work is paying off for him. Couldnt be more happier for him. Massive kudos to the young man, and the club, for turning it all around. Maybe we're not as bad as developing players as a lot of folks make out?
Totally agree with you, Lonie was a very competitive player 3 years ago, although he couldn't stick a tackle, and he bounced off opponents. I reckon what Billy has shown him is that little blokes can do it. I had a mate in school that was 12" shorter than everyone, but when he tackled you your ribs certainly knew it.

Lonie just needed to learn how to do it

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: