Saints in box seat for McGovern

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in box seat for McGovern

I think the free agency part of the plan put in place by what's-his-name a few years ago needs reviewing, if it hasn't happened already. Recruiting a Messiah into a club like ours has the potential to destsbilise the club and is also a high risk strategy.

War chests and the need for some high end talent can be intoxicating ingredients and the media just need to insert the words 'St Kilda' and 'free agent's name' into thier story template to get us drunk.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Assuming we do get the McGovern brothers...no...shutup...let's just say we pull this off...I reckon we'd need to offload a tall forward. Who should we put on the trade table? Bruce, Battle or Paddy? I personally would keep Skunk.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:25pm You got it. We currently are.
We are no chance for Jeremy McGovern.
NO CHANCE at all.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 06 Jul 2018 9:12pm
parkeysainter wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:25pm You got it. We currently are.
We are no chance for Jeremy McGovern.
NO CHANCE at all.

Probably not. But there is no chance it is no chance.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

We are NO CHANCE, I sat two seats away from his manager at a recent GWS function.

Little interest in coming to Victoria & Zero interest in joining the saints. ZERO!

Parkeysainter makes up her stories about Jeremy McGovern.

No idea about Gaff, Sloan or anyone else but Jeremy McGovern is not even considering us.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 06 Jul 2018 10:54pm We are NO CHANCE, I sat two seats away from his manager at a recent GWS function.

Little interest in coming to Victoria & Zero interest in joining the saints. ZERO!

No idea about Gaff, Sloan or anyone else but Jeremy McGovern is not even considering us.
Yeah, just like Buddy was only going to GWS back in the day. Or Danger was never leaving Adelaide. As if J McGovern's manager would tell you or anyone else their true intentions or even know themselves at this point. Lol.

So Tom Browne from Ch7 made all this up too did he?

J. McGovern may not come to the Saints but we are in for both brothers right now.
Last edited by parkeysainter on Fri 06 Jul 2018 11:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 06 Jul 2018 10:54pm We are NO CHANCE, I sat two seats away from his manager at a recent GWS function.

Of course his manager is going to say "little interest". Probably not much chance, but 4 months to go, never say never.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Fri 06 Jul 2018 11:36pm

Of course his manager is going to say "little interest". Probably not much chance, but 4 months to go, never say never.
Anything could happen. Its still early days.

I've also heard a few Crows players want out of Adelaide.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Crows have really imploded.
Kapowwww.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

If his manager didn't say he had little interest in the Saints he said no interest in saints.

Again, parkeysainter makes up her sources and stories.

Tom Browne probably read parkey' BS on here :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

If his manager didn't say he had little interest in the Saints he said no interest in saints.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Junior
Club Player

If it was my Manager discussing my future at a function I would sack him.

Reckon that would be totally unprofessional, would
Not be impressed.

Personally would prefer to spend money on a midfield and don’t believe he will come here.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
jays
Club Player

would be so good if we could pull this off ImageImage
ImageImage

takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 4:08am

As you stated, he said "little interest" in coming to Vic & zero interest in joining the Saints. So he has some interest in coming to VIc? So Saints are a chance, albeit minor!!! Does Tom Brown make up his sources as well? I would think they are better than yours.

Anyway, probably discussing a non event, but all fun and part of SS.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 9:30am

As you stated, he said "little interest" in coming to Vic & zero interest in joining the Saints. So he has some interest in coming to VIc? So Saints are a chance, albeit minor!!! Does Tom Brown make up his sources as well? I would think they are better than yours.

So Tom Brownes source is better than a direct comment from McGovern's manager?
Unless it is McGovern himself I say no!

It is better for McGovern' s value for him to state my client is happy to go to Vic and the saints, not reflect honestly that his client doesnt want to come to us.

I'm not an ITK, never have been and never claimed to be, I do go to a few functions some in NSW with business and just happen to be two seats away from McGoverns manager who I reiterate said he (McGovern) has no interest in coming to StKilda.

If you are comfortable being deluded that we are a chance for McGovern or believe Parkey's fabricated stories (whisper is, I'm told, etc :lol:) knock yourself out and enjoy, no harm in that.

takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 9:58am
takeaway wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 9:30am

So Tom Brownes source is better than a direct comment from McGovern's manager?
Unless it is McGovern himself I say no!

It is better for McGovern' s value for him to state my client is happy to go to Vic and the saints, not reflect honestly that his client doesnt want to come to us.

I'm not an ITK, never have been and never claimed to be, I do go to a few functions some in NSW with business and just happen to be two seats away from McGoverns manager who I reiterate said he (McGovern) has no interest in coming to StKilda.

If you are comfortable being deluded that we are a chance for McGovern or believe Parkey's fabricated stories (whisper is, I'm told, etc :lol:) knock yourself out and enjoy, no harm in that.
Fair enough. But if reports are true that we have made a substantial offer to McGovern, until he re-signs with WCE, we are a chance!!! Did his manager sign a stat dec?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 8:43am If it was my Manager discussing my future at a function I would sack him.

Not be impressed.

Personally would prefer to spend money on a midfield and don’t believe he will come here.
But hypothetically, if he said Blake Acres has no interest in returning to WA and wanted to stay at the saints.

Would that warrant dismissal in your eyes?

Junior
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 11:03am [quote=Junior post_id=<a href="tel:1740356">1740356</a> time=<a href="tel:1530913422">1530913422</a> user_id=152]
If it was my Manager discussing my future at a function I would sack him.

Not be impressed.

But hypothetically, if he said Blake Acres has no interest in returning to WA and wanted to stay at the saints.

Would that warrant dismissal in your eyes?
[/quote]

My personal view is that it is unprofessional to discuss such matters in that forum regardless whether content is positive or negative to St Kilda.

Not questioning what you are saying just stating an opinion re managers.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Didn’t Rob Hession say Plugger was staying with the Saints.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stkfc1
Club Player

Lying is the second language of the AFL. Until the paperwork is signed, everything is just speculation and peoples opinions. No one knows s***, either way.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 1:00pm Didn’t Rob Hession say Plugger was staying with the Saints.
Yes but from personal experience I found Rob Hession to be a fat, lying, dishonest f-ckwit.

This was also proven in courts of law.
Google Hardy's Lawyers and the way he behaved.

I get your point but utilizing that fat dishonest sneaky cheating see you next Tuesday as an example of honesty verses lying is not a good argument.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns, I didn't know you were Colin Young's right hand man at some dodgy GWS business lunch! Lol!

As if Tom Brown from Ch7 would get his inside info from this joint also. He has reliable sources and info no doubt. Same as Mark Stevens which the OP was based off.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 07 Jul 2018 3:41pm Joffa Burns, I didn't know you were Colin Young's right hand man at some dodgy GWS business lunch! Lol!
The lol is you have me as a right hand man in a business I wouldn't invest in at one time earnings when I'm regularly happy to pay six if there is enough blue sky.

Oh but it is managing AFL players and you pretend to be an ITK on a footy forum so if being the right hand man in a tin shed player management company floats your boat and is your dream role knock yourself out.

Better yet make up some more of your stories like "I'm told" or "whisper is" lol you are a funny little twerp.

Being the right hand man at a small agency is your life's ambition and you probably idolize a fat turd eating criminal like Rob Hession :lol: :lol: