Had a gutful. Newnes survives, Sinclair dropped

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Had a gutful. Newnes survives, Sinclair dropped

Holler For, Dave, Hunter in for 8cres, Sinclair & White

FMD, but happy Armo and Marshall are back

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Had a gutful. Newnes survives, Sinclair dropped

I'm almost beyond caring now. These selectors have no bloody idea what they're doing.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Seriously, what a joke.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

There must be contractual constraints on not playing Newnes,

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Do any of you actually watch a game or do you all just like to whinge? Sinclair has had one decent game all year against GWS. He is getting murdered defensively, Isaac Smith made him his bitch last week. He has been dreadfully out of form all year.

StPeter
Club Player

Newnes certainly lucky to survive but Gresham even more fortunate.

Sinclair has been down on form but has certainly been better and shown more the last two weeks than either of these two have all season.

He is one of the few in the side who knows how to distribute the ball.

Very disappointed!

portosaint
Club Player

Beige

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Like others, I’m a bit stunned that Jack Newnes has once again retained his spot in the side. Not quite sure what his perceived value is amongst the coaching group, or whether it’s one coach in particular (AR) who cannot see his obvious flaws.
It must be quite disheartening for guys like Sinclair and Brandon White who probably feel like scapegoats for the teams performance last week. I’m still trying to understand why Brandon White has been dropped. He had a great game two weeks ago against the giants. I’m not sure what his contract status is but in all honesty I wouldn’t hold it against him if he decided to look elsewhere, and go to a club where he was given more opportunities to develop.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Do any of you actually watch a game or do you all just like to whinge? Sinclair has had one decent game all year against GWS. He is getting murdered defensively, Isaac Smith made him his bitch last week. He has been dreadfully out of form all year.
What about Newnes, or are you another apologist like Parkey?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
older saint
SS Life Member

Weak selection policy - Billings , Gresham and Newness have all been well below par yet seem to get a free pass. Sinclair has been poor and I have no problem. White 2 weeks ago did a really good job on Greene ( may have been injured but doesn't matter was on the field) . Easy options again.

Too much faith put in players who have potential , were picked high or were playing well at some stage. Reality is none are playing well now and doesn't matter how skilled they are no confidence means that there skills are not being executed.

Clearly back to Plan A with the forward line also with the 3rd tall - see how that goes.

saintkid
Club Player

Agreed they have all been poor but at least Newnes makes a contest and puts his body on the line but Billings is the exact opposite. Unsighted most of the time, can't win his own ball or hold a tackle. He is easily the worst of the three and that's saying something.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

White would do better than Newnes whatever position Newnes plays, bigger & strong mark, fast, good at the tackle nice kick; but maybe has been pigeon holed half back. I hope we win, of course. If not Newnes, Gresham and Gilbert have to make way for a fresh crop unless any or all of them put in really good effort. Gresh - kick a couple of goals mate.

St. Paul
Club Player

No need to panic you negative nellies. 1-4-1 percentage in The low 70's. They know what they're doing. It's obvious, isn't it? Just a matter of confidence, isn't it?

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
Saintly66
Club Player

StPeter wrote:Newnes certainly lucky to survive but Gresham even more fortunate.

Sinclair has been down on form but has certainly been better and shown more the last two weeks than either of these two have all season.

He is one of the few in the side who knows how to distribute the ball.

Very disappointed!
Gresham is adored for lack of a better word by the coaching staff, doesn’t mind claiming he’s sore in drills so he can rest up and gets away with it so doubt he’ll be getting dropped anytime soon lol.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah look the form slump is sure to break this week.

I mean the last 30 weeks of bad goal kicking have just been bad luck.

All these guys just need to hit the first target of the day and they are away.

All good. Nothing to see here.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's as if Richo and the coaches have nfi what the right combination is right now? I know there are different kpi's for each player depending on their role, but why does it seem like a total surprise each week as to who will be dropped? If Sincs is one of the handful of players that can make a difference for us and if his decision making and clean disposal on the Etihad ground on a dry turf could be the difference between winning and losing, then why not go for the win? I know Newnes tries hard and hit his kpi's last week, but has Richo ever thought of dropping him instead of the usual suspects in Acres, Sincs, Hickey, and Dunstan?

You know when they shift those magnets on their little boards? They've tried a fair few combinations...why not try a combo that involves removing the magnet with Newnes on it...just maybe see what happens and treat it as an experiment. It's not like you're dropping Rooy or anything!

The best thing would be to figure out why your players have lost confidence. Have they also lost confidence in their coach treating them all fairly?

ace
Saintsational Legend

St. Paul wrote:No need to panic you negative nellies. 1-4-1 percentage in The low 70's. They know what they're doing. It's obvious, isn't it? Just a matter of confidence, isn't it?
If confidence is lost the whole government falls.
Election, every body's job up for grabs.
Same should apply here.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:It's as if Richo and the coaches have nfi what the right combination is right now? I know there are different kpi's for each player depending on their role, but why does it seem like a total surprise each week as to who will be dropped? If Sincs is one of the handful of players that can make a difference for us and if his decision making and clean disposal on the Etihad ground on a dry turf could be the difference between winning and losing, then why not go for the win? I know Newnes tries hard and hit his kpi's last week, but has Richo ever thought of dropping him instead of the usual suspects in Acres, Sincs, Hickey, and Dunstan?

You know when they shift those magnets on their little boards? They've tried a fair few combinations...why not try a combo that involves removing the magnet with Newnes on it...just maybe see what happens and treat it as an experiment. It's not like you're dropping Rooy or anything!

The best thing would be to figure out why your players have lost confidence. Have they also lost confidence in their coach treating them all fairly?
two weeks ago we played our best game of the year - with newnes on the pine injured all game. surely the penny would have dropped then?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

haha. too true. with respect to Gravs on bigfooty

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

What next? Long out for Lonie.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

it would be sad if not so funny. We are tanking so start researching top 5 draftees this year. Who is the best outside mid this year?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Newnes is not playing well, however you can never question his attack on the footy.

Sinclair has played bruise free footy this year, he's a very nice player Jack and would be cream and look like a champion in a top team as an outside finisher.

I only watched last round in TV but at live games this season and on TV last week he is running along side the pack looking for the easy possession.

It's fine to be an outside player and he ha the skills to do so, but you still have to tackle, or take your turn and put your body in when required. He is not doing this, he has been very soft this year to date.

On the other side has he been any softer than Billings?
Certainly not.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair deserved to be dropped- just not working hard enough off the ball like so many of his mates. Seems to be a lot of players who should be our next generation coming through, but are all stalling this season and not really going anywhere- some backwards. There is a problem with our development of players.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

St. Paul wrote:No need to panic you negative nellies. 1-4-1 percentage in The low 70's. They know what they're doing. It's obvious, isn't it? Just a matter of confidence, isn't it?
Yep that's it. If they slot a couple of early ones watch their heads lift.....it's all that's required. Do not adjust your set.....

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

We can't kick goals to save ourselves
We lack.skill

I know!!!
Let's drop most skilled player we have who kicked the best goal last week!!