Sam Fisher Backs Richo In

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Sam Fisher Backs Richo In

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 4zdut.html

I know this won't fit into the anti-Richo brigade thinking so I'm sorry, but a recent player that has actually played under Richo is still backing him in. Some other interesting and refreshing comments from a former ST KFC champion too.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Fisher Backs Richo In

parkeysainter wrote:https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 4zdut.html

I know this won't fit into the anti-Richo brigade thinking so I'm sorry, but a recent player that has actually played under Richo is still backing him in. Some other interesting and refreshing comments from a former ST KFC champion too.
Richo backed him in so Sam is returning the favour, but good on Chips for having his say

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting read, but it will take a lot more than one ex-senior player publicly backing Richo to convince me that he’s still then man for the job. The proof is in the pudding.

I also can’t fathom this continued comparison to Hardwick! Hardwick has taken Richmond to the finals twice in his first five years at the helm. Richo is yet to make his maiden finals campaign. This defending of mediocrity is staggering.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Steady, that's giving mediocrity a bad name. I long for mediocrity on the way to kicking goal with one of the first seven scoring shots. But don't talk about that, talking doesn't fix it.

Saintly66
Club Player

Did you expect him to s*** can him given the state his former club is in?
It’s what is said behind closed doors that matters not in the public eye.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I admired Sam as a player and it's great for him to back Richo in, but this is just a cop out.
Just excuses for mediocrity.

Does Sam really believe these guys are having a real crack?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sammy's on the drugs again?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Recruit
Club Player

Generic player boring s***...what was interesting about it...?

bob__71
Club Player

Well a least we have better players than supporters...seriously reading this you guys really suck.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Oh yeah. What would our old champ Sam Fisher know about anything. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Games: 228
Goals: 22
Career highlights:
Trevor Barker Award 2008, 2011
2nd in Trevor Barker Award 2007
3rd in Trevor Barker Award 2006
All-Australian Team 2008
Pre Season Premiership 2008

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bob__71 wrote:Well a least we have better players than supporters...seriously reading this you guys really suck.
Why?

Because Richo wears a St Kilda blazer and is on the club’s payroll he should have our unconditional support?

If I do a mediocre job at work, my boss tells me it’s not good enough and to lift my game. Not, “well, our company logo is on your security pass, so we can’t be critical of our own.”

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Oh yeah. What would our old champ Sam Fisher know about anything. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Career highlights:
All-Australian Team 2008
Evidently not as much as an SS forum poster? :roll: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote:Oh yeah. What would our old champ Sam Fisher know about anything. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Career highlights:
All-Australian Team 2008
Okay, so if Fisher’s footy opinion must be right, based on his accolades alone, does that make King who says St Kilda’s recruitment has been a fail, or Blight who says that St Kilda playing list is just not that good, or Dermie who said that St Kilda were bonkers for sacking Watters, also right?

bob__71
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
bob__71 wrote:Well a least we have better players than supporters...seriously reading this you guys really suck.
Why?

Because Richo wears a St Kilda blazer and is on the club’s payroll he should have our unconditional support?

If I do a mediocre job at work, my boss tells me it’s not good enough and to lift my game. Not, “well, our company logo is on your security pass, so we can’t be critical of our own.”

Was just my critical review of some peoples ability to support their team. I can show you more empirical evidence to support my view of why you are a crap supporter than you can show me of why richardson is a bad coach.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bob__71 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Why?

Was just my critical review of some peoples ability to support their team. I can show you more empirical evidence to support my view of why you are a crap supporter than you can show me of why richardson is a bad coach.
So your critical review is that supporting a footy club should be done through rose-tinted glasses?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Saintly66 wrote:Did you expect him to s*** can him given the state his former club is in?
Hasn't stopped Nick.

bob__71
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Why?

So your critical review is that supporting a footy club should be done through rose-tinted glasses?
No my review is that you wouldnt know supporting your club if it bit you on the ass....Your contribution to the club is bagging it out on a social forum....I dont think that helps at all.

Your comparative example is that your boss would let you know to lift your game if your job isnt up to scratch, as I am sure the coaches boss is at StKilda internally...

You could think of me as your supporter if you like, just letting you know to lift your game and that I think you suck, why should the fact that you support the saints make me wear rose coloured glasses regarding your crap attitude?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote:

Career highlights:
All-Australian Team 2008
Okay, so if Fisher’s footy opinion must be right, based on his accolades alone, does that make King who says St Kilda’s recruitment has been a fail, or Blight who says that St Kilda playing list is just not that good, or Dermie who said that St Kilda were bonkers for sacking Watters, also right?
Fisher actually played under Richo. He obviously rates him still, always has and thinks the players are still playing for him based on what he knows and has seen. And yes, Fisher's career does speak volumes more than supporters taking sniping cheap shots at him from a grassy knoll because they don't like what he said in the article.

Also bringing in other ex AFL superstars/coaches and completely different topics has nothing to do with the original thread.

Bloody hell. At least show some respect to the opinion of an ex-Saints champ regarding his thoughts on Richo.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Sammy's on the drugs again?
Uncalled for ffs.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bob__71 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Why?

No my review is that you wouldnt know supporting your club if it bit you on the ass....Your contribution to the club is bagging it out on a social forum....I dont think that helps at all.

Your comparative example is that your boss would let you know to lift your game if your job isnt up to scratch, as I am sure the coaches boss is at StKilda internally...

You could think of me as your supporter if you like, just letting you know to lift your game and that I think you suck, why should the fact that you support the saints make me wear rose coloured glasses regarding your crap attitude?
And nor do I think it helps the club that other supporters say that we just need to accept the situation for what it is and to have the confidence that the administration knows what it’s doing and playing group will eventually gel and start winning again.

When it comes to bagging out the club, I’ve never once said that I thought Richo was a crap coach, but am I convinced that he’s the right bloke for the job? From from it. Nor am I convinced that the administration who extended Richo’s contract and have helped put the club into over $10 mill of debt are the right people to be running the club.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Sammy's on the drugs again?
Uncalled for ffs.
+1
Thank god the players and their families don't visit here...I hope.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 4zdut.html

I am anti Richo but it is refreshing to read that from Chips.

bob__71
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Why?

And nor do I think it helps the club that other supporters say that we just need to accept the situation for what it is and to have the confidence that the administration knows what it’s doing and playing group will eventually gel and start winning again.

When it comes to bagging out the club, I’ve never once said that I thought Richo was a crap coach, but am I convinced that he’s the right bloke for the job? From from it. Nor am I convinced that the administration who extended Richo’s contract and have helped put the club into over $10 mill of debt are the right people to be running the club.
So in your opinion its is more helpful to jump on any thread with a positive, or even slightly less negative outlook and cast your negativity over it. Lets face it, Sam Fisher would have more of a clue than either you or I.

And I havent made any call over how good a job Richo has or hasnt done. Only a commentary on some of the "supporters" on this site. If you consider the narrative that you are helping to perpetuate is supportive then thats fine.

I think in a game where confidence is paramount that the scourge of trolling, I mean supporting, on the forum really doesnt help. I dont think those are the supporters we need for the job.

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

IF we had of kicked the f****** goals we win. Also umps.not screwing us
Is it RICHO?? Coaching gets us shots on goal. Players must execute

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Support from one past great given the state of play is almost damning with faint praise. Surely the media unit could have rolled out a few more. Sammy is an all time great but his quotes seem so talking point like rather than insightful or passionate, they echo the line the club is taking now - players not the coach, be patient. I would love to know his appraisal of the game plan from a defender's point of view and about how it is that so many players recruited have not met expectations - were the selections poor? In any case whether Richo can or can't coach is moot, especially if win loss ratio isn't the bottom line. He is in charge of a club that hasn't looked like it for 5 years apart from the miracle of Maddie's Day when Nick took Rance apart. In all that time he hasn't shown a particularly talented grasp of his role. The state of the club is not sustainable, the question is whether the next phase is well managed or allowed to descend into complete anarchy. Richo will be fine whatever, the future of the club and the playing group is another matter. If he is a good coach he has a fairly low base to improve from so all power to his arm to bring about any incremental improvements. As Sammy says 5 years is nothing, just wait a few more; to be impatient is evidence of being a poor supporter.