Its Time for the current Board/Management and Coach to Go!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

Its Time for the current Board/Management and Coach to Go!

I am a passionate supporter of the club, BUT I am NOT a supporter of the destruction of this club!

I've been a member for 25yr and had a reserve seat for 15. For first time, I'm seriously considering not renewing next year. I do not want to support those that don't deeply care about making this club successful.

I remember just before the 1997 gf, one of the local papers ran an article about why everyone seemed love st.kilda. It commented on our checkered history, our highs and many lows...but the main quality that came through was we had character. We had passion and excitement, frustration at times, but there was always this charm & romance about the place when things got going and we started winning... We still had that through the turbulent RB/GT years, then also under RL to some extent.

But in the last 5 years, this board and coach have turned us into a bland, compliant football club. We don't stand up for ourselves. We apologise when we haven't done anything wrong. This board and coach seem ok with us down the bottom of the ladder, as long as we don't ruffle any feathers.

We have talented players that have regressed in ability. Our game plan is a mess. After 'professional' selection processes our last 2 coaches have been failures.

Its time for others to step up and save our club from these bland bureaucrats who have no passion, drive or skills to make our club successful.

GSG
Club Player

Re: Its Time for the current Board/Management and Coach to Go!

kaos theory wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 1:48pm I am a passionate supporter of the club, BUT I am NOT a supporter of the destruction of this club!

I've been a member for 25yr and had a reserve seat for 15. For first time, I'm seriously considering not renewing next year. I do not want to support those that don't deeply care about making this club successful.

I remember just before the 1997 gf, one of the local papers ran an article about why everyone seemed love st.kilda. It commented on our checkered history, our highs and many lows...but the main quality that came through was we had character. We had passion and excitement, frustration at times, but there was always this charm & romance about the place when things got going and we started winning... We still had that through the turbulent RB/GT years, then also under RL to some extent.

But in the last 5 years, this board and coach have turned us into a bland, compliant football club. We don't stand up for ourselves. We apologise when we haven't done anything wrong. This board and coach seem ok with us down the bottom of the ladder, as long as we don't ruffle any feathers.

We have talented players that have regressed in ability. Our game plan is a mess. After 'professional' selection processes our last 2 coaches have been failures.

Its time for others to step up and save our club from these bland bureaucrats who have no passion, drive or skills to make our club successful.

+++1 - couldn't have said it any better!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

imagine a SEE SAW

gt was having a go @alfHouse

our supporters bemoaned
and boringly , imho , continue to bemoan the supposed piss poor treatment we received

... but instead of backing GT in
we did and do , the woe is us journey
capping , and still capping , that patheticness with
its all GT's fault

now we experience the other end of that see saw

can ya dig it ?

are we ready to give the middle finger
to our Masters

and cop where the cards fall , for said future behaviour ?

personally
i think too many fans just yark on
regardless of where the see saw is
in its cycle

like most other talkn apes on Planet Hypocrite
regarding any other issue

but
the reality is

what we make it

again ,
imho ooc fwtw

my ex wife would vote ... not much

then i would suggest

extending an invitation to Shostack
to come tell us ... what he reckons with his FootyFirst V 2.0 (needed?) agenda

i dont do twitter
otherwise i would

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Jaxon ?

lets hear what he's got to say

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Greg T
Club Player

Great post
We need to get people in this club who know what it takes to be successful
Not stkilda people,but personnel that know what success is
A sustainable quest to keep us from bottom out and stop rebuild after rebuild with questionable players at best
We have again become a laughing stock and easy beats of the comp
All levels,especially the Unprofessional recruiting staff to the pathetic board who are supposed to run this club
Blokes like Clarkson ,Balme,Eddie Maguire etc that do don't get stood on or bossed around.
We all love this club,but something has to change now for any sustained success for the future
Otherwise,tassie here we come

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
David-Lee
Club Player

asiu wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 2:43pm imagine a SEE SAW

gt was having a go @alfHouse

our supporters bemoaned
and boringly , imho , continue to bemoan the supposed piss poor treatment we received

... but instead of backing GT in
we did and do , the woe is us journey
capping , and still capping , that patheticness with
its all GT's fault

now we experience the other end of that see saw

can ya dig it ?

are we ready to give the middle finger
to our Masters

and cop where the cards fall , for said future behaviour ?

personally
i think too many fans just yark on
regardless of where the see saw is
in its cycle

like most other talkn apes on Planet Hypocrite
regarding any other issue

but
the reality is

what we make it

again ,
imho ooc fwtw

my ex wife would vote ... not much

then i would suggest

extending an invitation to Shostack
to come tell us ... what he reckons with his FootyFirst V 2.0 (needed?) agenda

i dont do twitter
otherwise i would

I'm writing myself a script for whatever you are taking...a tad of cohesive writing would not go astray.

congorozides
Club Player

The OP got me thinking.

I am starting to think our malaise started with the school girl and the dwarf burning incident.

Now I dont want to re-hash these two things in any detail. The details are not important. Both were over-blown by the media.

The relevant issue is they were used by our enemies/rivals to drag us down, to humiliate us and make us lose confidence and any swagger we once had. And it worked. Whether we did anything wrong is now completely irrelevant.

The impact was on perceptions. We went in to our shell. Became concerned with protecting the AFL brand.

We are now nothing more that a fixture item for the AFL. The AFL sent in its own people - Finnis, Bains etc - to keep us under the close control and watch of the AFL. We hired bland ordinary average recruiters and coaches. Recruited ordinary supposedly 'safe' players. This was the beginning of our bland 'vanillarisation'. The beginning of the downward spiral.

We need a big BOOM event to snap out of this.
Last edited by congorozides on Sun 20 May 2018 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaos theory
Club Player

congorozides wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 6:01pm The OP got me thinking.

I am starting to think our malaise started with the school girl and the dwarf burning incident.

Now I dont want to re-hash these two things in any detail. The details are not important. Both were over-blown by the media.
The relevant issue is they were used by our enemies/rivals to drag us down to humiliate us and make us lose confidence and any swagger we once had. And it worked. Whether we did anything wrong is now completely irrelevant.
The impact was on perceptions. We went in to our shell. Became concerned with protecting the AFL brand.
We are now nothing more that a fixture item for the AFL. The AFL sent in its own people - Finnis, Bains etc - to keep us under the close control and watch of the AFL. We hired bland ordinary average recruiters and coaches. Recruited ordinary supposedly 'safe' players. This was the beginning of our bland 'vanillarisation'. The beginning of the downward spiral.

I agree with this

Look at our recruiting:
One of the knocks that on was Petracca was that he failed the personality test... Really? How the hell are they supposed to know what someone will turn out like based on flakey psycho tests?

Our coaching just encourages this by their development practices. Then they wonder why there is no leadership, no toughness, no mongrel, no spirit in the team.

We passed on Dusty Martin for this reason when his first contract came up for renewal.

Imagine Plugger Lockett as a 17-18 kid now: Super raw talent, but questionable off field behaviour, fails our psyche test, so our box-ticking brainless management would pass on him and select some kid who plays ok but is a really nice person!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 1:48pm I am a passionate supporter of the club, BUT I am NOT a supporter of the destruction of this club!

Sadly, I cannot argue with you. Everything you say is true.

jaxons
Club Player

asiu wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 3:06pm Jaxon ?

You have heard my view, current board needs to go and is highlighted clearly by this:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/19/ ... f-players/

This is head in the sand stuff and unacceptable.

Would have had more respect and belief had he said, we have made a few mistakes, we are not where we believe we should be and we are hell bent on making some changes to turn this club around.

This article has been scoffed at by other board members and prove reality has escaped the president.

You are asking me to hear what Shostak says, what do you think I am Clark Kent and he is Superman!!

I had never heard of the bloke until last week.

jaxons
Club Player

On top of Board going, Finnis, Richo and Geary all need to be replaced too.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Geary shouldn’t even be in the team.

The Summers article is a real worry. Isn’t the first step to recovery admitting that you have a problem!

Summers is delusional and he needs to go.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 6:50pm

Sadly, I cannot argue with you. Everything you say is true.
Plus one.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 9:50pm
asiu wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 3:06pm Jaxon ?

You have heard my view, current board needs to go and is highlighted clearly by this:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/19/ ... f-players/

This is head in the sand stuff and unacceptable.

Would have had more respect and belief had he said, we have made a few mistakes, we are not where we believe we should be and we are hell bent on making some changes to turn this club around.

This article has been scoffed at by other board members and prove reality has escaped the president.

You are asking me to hear what Shostak says, what do you think I am Clark Kent and he is Superman!!

I had never heard of the bloke until last week.
OMG I just read that - is he friggin drunk??
Honestly as Cornes has said - we are MASSIVELY overestimating this supposed great capability; I can only assume this is the tripe Richardson has been spinning this Board and they’ve brought the farm

It confirms everything - no more argument from me; top down they gotta go
Finnis is clearly a bath water drinker too
Geary isn’t even best 22
What we do know now is that this Board is so tied to the RIchardson extension that in order to remove him we need to remove them both and that gives the club reason to start afresh

“Yeah….nah””
Tommyj
Club Player

Lying here thinking I hate watching my team even in the seventies and eighties when we won spoon after spoon we had players with pride. when you went to a game which I did every week you always thought we were a chance yes even in the bad old days we had teams that had a crack with a few stars George young and barks with Muir for entertainment. THIS team has nothing and I can honestly say for the first time I never think we're gonna win they play with the personality of a car crash

Vazelos
Club Player

I was talking to Silvio Foschini last night who is a Saints supporter, I have enormous respect for the man for the sacrifices he made to beacone a Saint. Knocked back Collingwood to become a Sainter had enormous respect for Ttevor Barker.
He says the team gives a real crack everyvweek they just dont have the cattle especially with all the injuries now. Roberton, Carlisle, Bruce, Long, Mc Cartin and Acres are 6 of our best or structurally important players.
This leads to who carries the most responsibility and in my book its the recruiting team firatly.
It needs an overhaul and then an overview of the coaches. Its an unbalanced list and we have cooked many high picks.
I agree our board has become a boring compliant club with a lot of PC stories... too many players passed up because they have a bit of spunk and character...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 6:01pm The OP got me thinking.

The relevant issue is they were used by our enemies/rivals to drag us down, to humiliate us and make us lose confidence and any swagger we once had. And it worked. Whether we did anything wrong is now completely irrelevant.

I think the AFL own us.

We are not in a position to rebel.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 20 May 2018 11:03pm What we do know now is that this Board is so tied to the RIchardson extension that in order to remove him we need to remove them both and that gives the club reason to start afresh
That's the problem, isn't it.

They won't sack him. IT appears that Richardson, the President and CEO have some sort of 'stability' bond/agreement going on between them.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

At the end of next season Richo will be the club’s second longest serving coach.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

yes lets become the rabble of the competition by sacking everyone. that will really help the situation!!!!

suss
Club Player

Vazelos wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 8:20am I was talking to Silvio Foschini last night who is a Saints supporter, I have enormous respect for the man for the sacrifices he made to beacone a Saint. Knocked back Collingwood to become a Sainter had enormous respect for Ttevor Barker.
He says the team gives a real crack everyvweek they just dont have the cattle especially with all the injuries now. Roberton, Carlisle, Bruce, Long, Mc Cartin and Acres are 6 of our best or structurally important players.
This leads to who carries the most responsibility and in my book its the recruiting team firatly.
It needs an overhaul and then an overview of the coaches. Its an unbalanced list and we have cooked many high picks.
I agree our board has become a boring compliant club with a lot of PC stories... too many players passed up because they have a bit of spunk and character...
Heaps of commonsense in this.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lethlean IS reviewing our footy department.

There WILL be changes.

I know this for a fact - so WHY can’t Summers in his public utterances say something along those lines?

He doesn’t need to give full details, just something so the average Saints punter has confidence there will be some changes.

The board aren’t silly enough to know there aren’t challengers in the wings. They know the fans are pissed off. Communication IS the issue here I suspect.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

saintly wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 8:57am yes lets become the rabble of the competition by sacking everyone. that will really help the situation!!!!
We are rabble right now!
Hold a Special AGM and have a vote to change the Board!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 10:01am Lethlean IS reviewing our footy department.

There WILL be changes.

I know this for a fact - so WHY can’t Summers in his public utterances say something along those lines?

He doesn’t need to give full details, just something so the average Saints punter has confidence there will be some changes.

The board aren’t silly enough to know there aren’t challengers in the wings. They know the fans are pissed off. Communication IS the issue here I suspect.
Please tell me they are actually apprasing where the issues are and when they've done that plan to make the necessary changes. Please tell me they're not just throwing their arms in the air and just copying Richmond and Essendon by sacrificing Assistants.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 3:03pm
saintspremiers wrote: Mon 21 May 2018 10:01am Lethlean IS reviewing our footy department.

There WILL be changes.

Please tell me they are actually apprasing where the issues are and when they've done that plan to make the necessary changes. Please tell me they're not just throwing their arms in the air and just copying Richmond and Essendon by sacrificing Assistants.
Yep I think it’s a proper and measured review process.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.