Moral Victory - Proud of the boys tonight - Respect!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Moral Victory - Proud of the boys tonight - Respect!

Well done boys. No one gave you a chance tonight but you gave everything.
Best fourth quarter all year.

Maybe if we didn't have umpires paying 10 home town decision free kicks and missing ours in the third quarter we may have saluted - but your efforts cannot be questioned! Very proud.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Choppa
Club Player

Re: Moral Victory - Proud of the boys tonight - Respect!

Yes, can't fault their commitment

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Really proud of them

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Good last quarter by the Saints, i wouldn't say i was proud of the previous 3 quarters.

Membrey must have stopped listening to Dixon, tonight, he was back to where he was pre-Dixon. :D :D

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
saintkev
Club Player

Sadly for the night we dominated statistics but still lost the game due to turnovers especially in the first three quarters. Need to see more of the mobility McCartin showed tonight and leading into space. The endeavour was fantastic for a change. Young enthusiastic players is the way to go!!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:48pm Well done boys. No one gave you a chance tonight but you gave everything.
Best fourth quarter all year.

Maybe if we didn't have umpires paying 10 home town decision free kicks and missing ours in the third quarter we may have saluted - but your efforts cannot be questioned! Very proud.
I did - cost me $10.00

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
felix
Club Player

Rice ..good game ..

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Moral victory :lol:

And in the real world we haven't won for 2 far king months !

Probably be another month before we have a realistic chance of winning.

In red white and black from 73
asiu
Saintsational Legend

not wanting to be a downer
but it was a 'junk time' final quarter ... no ?

surely WC took their foot off the gas

(i keep thinking it ... so best i ask)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
chico2001
Club Player

yes, they did take their foot off the pedal but nonetheless that would be the saints best last quarter of the year, butchered the ball 2/3 times going forward which might have got us very very close.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:45am Moral victory :lol:

We'll beat the Suns on the Gold Coast in two weeks.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 1:16am
mr six o'clock wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:45am Moral victory :lol:

We'll beat the Suns on the Gold Coast in two weeks.
Stop trying to predict victories. It’s only ended in tears each and every time this season.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Yes, certainly proud of the boys, but let’s fall into a false sense of security after an honourable loss. We were down by 48 points at one stage during this match, so in reality, the game was all but over at that stage anyway.

I want to see the boys again being at least competitive against the Swans before I celebrate the morals of honourable losses.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Gives me some hope that the season may not be a total write off.

We’re uncovering some good young players and even starting to kick reasonably straight at goal.

Is Richo the man to lead us up the ladder? I’ve no idea really. Depends how we finish the season off I guess

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Hate this saying but it is what it is.
An honourable loss.
I expected a 10+ goal drubbing

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 1:03am not wanting to be a downer
but it was a 'junk time' final quarter ... no ?

surely WC took their foot off the gas

(i keep thinking it ... so best i ask)
We got to within 13 - at that point if they did have their foot off the gas they are a bloody stupid team

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Lol so it’s come to this?
We’re going down the well done “proud of you boys good effort” route? After being 1-10? And playing some of the worst football seen in recent times ???

Yeah,ok then.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Would have preferred a win, but I feared the worst last night.
We've got a long injury list, our centre half back suspended, second youngest and most inexperienced team in the league this week, with the umpires clearly against us, a hostile crowd, playing the top team, in a fixture which has historically turned up 15-17 goal hidings and the boys refused to throw in the towel. Add to that our improved form since the Freo game, and our scoring moving in an upward trajectory in that time, and yes, I am pleased with the effort, especially as I think we have found some players this year.
We weren't paid marks which we took, they were paid marks they didn't, they were rewarded free kicks 15 metres in front of goal for sling tackles and push in the backs, and given two ridiculous 50 metre penalties. Add to that a refusal to punish the ruckman outrageously throwing the ball instead of handpassing, and yes, I am happy with the effort. But I do want our president and/or coach to address this bias as this cannot continue in it's present state.
We have had a shocking year, no doubt about it, and we have a long way to go, but in all our nine losses we have still not lost a game by 9 goals, which means we are fighting games out at least. That's a big positive, because it means that the players are still playing for each other.
Skills notwithstanding, especially the release kicking into our forward line, I liked the endeavour shown, and I have enjoyed seeing us convert our chances at long last.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 9:41am Lol so it’s come to this?
We’re going down the well done “proud of you boys good effort” route? After being 1-10? And playing some of the worst football seen in recent times ???

Yeah,ok then.
No - No-one is happy we lost!

But were you happier at the end of the third or the fourth considering that it was against the top team in the competition on their dung heap?

2010 is the last time we won in the west

If we bring that effort against any other team we win!

And I don't care that we had a lull in the 3rd - no team is 100% on 100% of the game

There was a lot to like about last night!

― Aristophanes

KingSaint
Club Player

Yeah,ok then.
Well...if you would prefer to wallow in your own negativity...you are free to do so. Nothing wrong in saying well done boys...good effort.

saint64
Club Player

It was a great effort in the last quarter. It made the train trip home with all of the Eagles supporters bearable. A couple of them said to me that we had played well and one guy told me he thought we we would have won if the game had gone another five minutes. It reminded me of our famous 1998 win over here when we came back from 30 points down with 10 minutes on the clock; Gavin Mitchell kicking the winning goal. Sadly not to be this time, but I was expecting a 100 point thrashing so all in all not too bad.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saint64 wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 11:44am It was a great effort in the last quarter. It made the train trip home with all of the Eagles supporters bearable. A couple of them said to me that we had played well and one guy told me he thought we we would have won if the game had gone another five minutes. It reminded me of our famous 1998 win over here when we came back from 30 points down with 10 minutes on the clock; Gavin Mitchell kicking the winning goal. Sadly not to be this time, but I was expecting a 100 point thrashing so all in all not too bad.
I was on the train in my puffer jacket and 2018 cap, feeling all proud, and there was surprisingly little chatter by anyone at all, (Armadale Line and then Mandurah Line)
They seemed to speak in hushed whispers.
That 98 game, I was there, and I recall the 3qtr time message to the Saints was something like "The Eagles are all cramping, look at them getting massaged, stretching, etc (it was a very warm arvo) and we can finish them off)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Yeah,ok then.
I think any team that is clearly in rebuilding mode coming within 13 points of the top team interstate, would be pleased with their performance overall.

saint64
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:36pm
saint64 wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 11:44am It was a great effort in the last quarter. It made the train trip home with all of the Eagles supporters bearable. A couple of them said to me that we had played well and one guy told me he thought we we would have won if the game had gone another five minutes. It reminded me of our famous 1998 win over here when we came back from 30 points down with 10 minutes on the clock; Gavin Mitchell kicking the winning goal. Sadly not to be this time, but I was expecting a 100 point thrashing so all in all not too bad.
I was on the train in my puffer jacket and 2018 cap, feeling all proud, and there was surprisingly little chatter by anyone at all, (Armadale Line and then Mandurah Line)
They seemed to speak in hushed whispers.
That 98 game, I was there, and I recall the 3qtr time message to the Saints was something like "The Eagles are all cramping, look at them getting massaged, stretching, etc (it was a very warm arvo) and we can finish them off)
It was pretty much the same on the Joondalup line - subdued, almost friendly
I was there that day in 1998 with an Eagles supporter who was totally shocked afterwards. I have checked the replay a few times and the clock showed 10 mins left exactly with us 30 points down. I note Harvey had 34 possessions and Healy and Spider both kicked 6. I remember one of Spider’s being a long goal after taking it from the centre bounce and a nice pirouette.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 11:20am

Yeah,ok then.
Well...if you would prefer to wallow in your own negativity...you are free to do so. Nothing wrong in saying well done boys...good effort.
Gee, the reigning premiers went ever so well at Perth Stadium just two weeks ago. No harm in being realistic about the result, (and the season overall) iwantmeseats. But by the same token it’s also perfectly fine to pay tribute to the team when they put in the sort of effort that they did last night. KingSaint

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)